Author Topic: Trump before classified briefing: I don’t trust US intel and won't use them  (Read 8641 times)

HonestJohn

I'm sorry, but I still don't see how the GOP ended up with this loony. There have been lame candidates before (mostly the elderly "it's his turn now" candidates such as Dole and McCain). But I don't think we've ever had a borderline mentally handicapped person (meaning IQ under 100 but not below 70) with psychotic overlays before.

We have Trump can the GOP candidate because the plurality of GOP primary voters voted for him.

That tells me that a plurality of GOP primary voters are so brainwashed in their own news 'echo-chamber' that they actually believe their own propaganda.  In essence, Trump is showing how close the GOP is to becoming another Jonestown.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:31:46 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline libertybele

Just when I thought Trump couldn't say anything else to shock me!  What a freakin' moron! 

Let's see ... either Pence or Gingrich will explain what he 'meant' to say and/or Trump will say he was being sarcastic. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
During an interview aired on “Fox and Friends” Wednesday morning, Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, was asked whether he “trusts intelligence.”

“Not so much from the people that have been doing it for our country,” Trump responded. “I mean, look what’s happened over the last 10 years. … It’s been catastrophic.

“Very easy to use them, but I won't use them, because they’ve made such bad decisions,” he said, pointing to apparent intelligence failures ahead of the United States's 2003 invasion of Iraq. At the time, George W. Bush administration officials appeared convinced that Saddam Hussein’s government was creating weapons of mass destruction, though that was not the case.

“If we would have never touched it, it would have been a lot better,” Trump said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still trying to figure out what he said that was so terribly wrong in this statement. He's right. If the politicians are telling the truth, which is doubtful, but if they did base their decisions on intelligence provided to them, then the intelligence was obviously wrong.

Just take a quick look around the world to see if Trump is right or wrong.

Also, Obama is absolutely famous for never or rarely going to intel briefings. So, Trump would only be following the precedent of Obama. It would not be anything new.

But, don't let logic or facts stand in the way of hating Trump.

NeverTrump forever!
Even if Trump loses the election I will still hate him with the fire of a thousand suns until the very second that I die, and then I will hate him from my grave. I hate him not for any specific reason. I hate him for the very fact that he exists in this world, and ever dared to run for President. I hate him, his family, his friends, his supporters, and everybody who he has ever known. He is a vile, disgusting pig of a man, with tiny hands, and orange skin. He deserves the wrath of hell for ever taking his first breath of air, and I will despise his soul until my last breath of air. My last breath of air is a very special one. For that is the breath I have reserved to curse Trump with as I go.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:57:10 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15

Trump's always sticking up for his old homey, Saddam.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sinkspur

During an interview aired on “Fox and Friends” Wednesday morning, Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, was asked whether he “trusts intelligence.”

“Not so much from the people that have been doing it for our country,” Trump responded. “I mean, look what’s happened over the last 10 years. … It’s been catastrophic.

“Very easy to use them, but I won't use them, because they’ve made such bad decisions,” he said, pointing to apparent intelligence failures ahead of the United States's 2003 invasion of Iraq. At the time, George W. Bush administration officials appeared convinced that Saddam Hussein’s government was creating weapons of mass destruction, though that was not the case.

“If we would have never touched it, it would have been a lot better,” Trump said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still trying to figure out what he said that was so terribly wrong in this statement. He's right. If the politicians are telling the truth, which is doubtful, but if they did base their decisions on intelligence provided to them, then the intelligence was obviously wrong.

Also, Obama is absolutely famous for never or rarely going to intel briefings. So, Trump would only be following the precedent of Obama. It would not be anything new.

NeverTrump forever!
Even if Trump loses the election I will still hate him with the fire of a thousand suns until the very second that I die, and then I will hate him from my grave. I hate him not for any specific reason. I hate him for the very fact that he exists in this world, and ever dared to run for President. I hate him, his family, his friends, his supporters, and everybody who he has ever known. He is a vile, disgusting pig of a man, with tiny hands, and orange skin. He deserves the wrath of hell for ever taking his first breath of air, and I will despise his soul until my last breath of air. My last breath of air is a very special one. For that is the breath I have reserved to curse Trump with as I go.

"I have a good brain and I say lots of things."  That's the extent of the "intelligence" of Trump.  Oh, and he'll consult that Putin-loving buttboy Flynn. 

You Trumpkins are cultists.  And you're exhibit A.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
OK, let me give this a try...

OK, so if he's not going to use U.S. Intelligence, who is he going to use? Someone else?  Who?

Obama has been rightly criticized for not attending intelligence briefings. Are you really trying to argue that it's ok now that Trump is going to do it?

(rest of the Trumpist screed deleted for brevity)

... I could say more, but I'll stay civil.   :thud:
Let it burn.

Offline roamer_1

Well, there were the people who actually voted for an obvious demagogue in the primaries.  There was the media, who utterly enjoyed the twofer of a) ratings and b) enabling the one candidate to whom Clinton could lose.

And there was political cowardice on the part of the GOP. 

A pretty toxic combination.

And what stops absolutely ALL of that is voting for principles.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
OK, let me give this a try...

OK, so if he's not going to use U.S. Intelligence, who is he going to use? Someone else?  Who?

Obama has been rightly criticized for not attending intelligence briefings. Are you really trying to argue that it's ok now that Trump is going to do it?

... I could say more, but I'll stay civil.   :thud:

I said what I meant. All I said is that it would not be anything new. I never said it was ok.

But I actually had the same thought as you about not using intelligence services. All I can say is that I agree. I don't know what he meant by that? That is why I hate him as much as I do.

But yes. I think anyone with a clear head would have to agree that what we have been doing over the last 50 years is clearly not working.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me

I said what I meant. All I said is that it would not be anything new. I never said it was ok.

But I actually had the same thought as you about not using intelligence services. All I can say is that I agree. I don't know what he meant by that? That is why I hate him as much as I do.

But yes. I think anyone with a clear head would have to agree that what we have been doing over the last 50 years is clearly not working.

I'm sorry you're so filled with hate. Maybe you should see someone about that.
Let it burn.

Offline cornfed

No, not at all, loser.

By the way, now that you lost the republican primaries, Ted, I want to thank you for your full-throated endorsement of the GOP nominee, Donald Trump. ...What's that? You didn't endorse the nominee of your party? #NeverMindLoser....

Cruz knows this plane ain't flying and he doesn't want a ride.

geronl

Well, there were the people who actually voted for an obvious demagogue in the primaries.  There was the media, who utterly enjoyed the twofer of a) ratings and b) enabling the one candidate to whom Clinton could not lose.

And there was political cowardice on the part of the GOP. 

A pretty toxic combination.

Offline Longmire

Cruz knows this plane ain't flying and he doesn't want a ride.

Not sure Cruz can afford a seat on the plane now that his super donors have left him.

How much campaign debt does he still have to pay off?

geronl

Not sure Cruz can afford a seat on the plane now that his super donors have left him.

Trump's plane is being fueled by campaign donors right now, I don't think Trump could afford to buy all that fuel

Oceander

:facepalm2:

No, he doesn't trust intelligent briefings; he's a boxers kind of guy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Well, it appears that Cruz is a good fiscal manager also:

Did Ted Cruz end his campaign with a debt?

How will such debt eventually be paid?
1 Answer
Alec Holbeck
Alec Holbeck, Taxation is Theft.

No. In fact, Ted Cruz ended his campaign with more cash on hand than anyone else - over $20 million, about $3 million more than the next closest, Jeb Bush. He is one of 10 Republicans who ended in the black, alongside Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Carly Fiorina, Chris Christie, Donald Trump, Lindsey Graham, Scott Walker, and George Pataki.
Written 10w ago · View Upvotes

https://www.quora.com/Did-Ted-Cruz-end-his-campaign-with-a-debt

Why did you think otherwise?

Offline sinkspur

His super donors (the Mercers) are big Bannon-Trumpbart fans.  He's going to take them for a ride on the Trump train.

It won't end well for them, of course. When Trump and his movement are ashes, Cruz will still be standing. 

What will the Mercers do then?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

Why did you think otherwise?

enough cash to mount a Senate campaign and he still has a lot of time before worrying about that

Offline Longmire

I find it hard to believe those numbers are accurate @Sanguine.

If Cruz ended his campaign with $20 million then he didn't try as hard as he could have.

I can see ending in the black, but not by that much.

geronl

I find it hard to believe those numbers are accurate @Sanguine.

If Cruz ended his campaign with $20 million then he didn't try as hard as he could have.

Ted Cruz supporters are still donating to Ted.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

What was wrong with Trump’s statement?

What was wrong with it is that he just insulted everyone (“the people that have been doing it for our country”) working in the intelligence community. These people include those working in both military and non-military agencies. FWIW over the years, I’ve known some people who work or have worked for some of those agencies and I find Trump’s comments insulting to those good people.

If Trump had said something along the lines of “we need to improve our intelligence gathering, improve our ability to share and interpret gathered by and across multiple agencies, perhaps consolidate intelligence gathering to fewer agencies in order to get a clearer picture and make better decisions based on that intelligence”, I would not necessarily disagree.

But no. Instead he implies, and makes his statement even before having received his first intelligence briefing or ever having gotten one, that the intelligence community as a whole has been wrong – “It’s been catastrophic.”

He misplaces blame on the intelligence community as a whole when it should be placed on those who have made bad political decisions regardless of what the intel said. 

Remember for instance that during Benghazi, we had the intel as to what was about to go down and intel as to what was happening as it happened. That was not a failure on the part of our intelligence gathering but rather a failure of Obama and Clinton to take the appropriate actions.

“George W. Bush administration officials appeared convinced that Saddam Hussein’s government was creating weapons of mass destruction, though that was not the case.”

Really? You might want to read up on that.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/bombshell-new-york-times-reports-wmds-found-iraq/

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/18/stop-it-liberals-bush-didnt-lie-about-iraq-having-wmds/

Whether that necessitated the invasion of Iraq under GWB’s administration and what followed after Sadam’s ouster may be rightly debated, but it is a lie to say that the intelligence was completely wrong or a failure.

And as to Trump’s statement “Very easy to use them, but I won't use them, because they’ve made such bad decisions,” that begs the question as to just who Trump will use? He may certainly make appointments and his own appointments to the President's Intelligence Advisory Board (PIAB) but to make such a broad statement as to him disregarding security briefings because he doesn’t trust them shows both a (and as previously documented) contempt for anyone that Trump perceives as being “smarter” than he is and a very dangerous mindset.

Remember that this is the man who said; “I know more about ISIS than the generals”, who accused U.S. troops of stealing money in Iraq, said that avoiding STD’s in the late 70’s and early 80’s was like his own personal Viet Nam, that he always wanted to get a Purple Heart, said with respect to POW’s “I like people who were not captured”, and that attending a toney military school for rich kids was just like going to West Point or having served in the military.  But he loves him some the “veterans” and wants to build up our military and use our military to wipe out ISIS and based on some previous comments, use them to confiscate oil and other assets from nations or territories we defeat, use torcher and seek out and kill all the families of terrorists …..

NeverTrump forever!

Project much?

I don’t hate him in the way you project, nor do I hate him “not for any specific reason”. I have reasons for disliking him, reasons why I think he is destructive to the Conservative cause and not seeing him fit to be POTUS and can list them.  I can also list many reasons why Hillary Clinton is also unfit.

But I’d be very happy for Trump to live a long and prosperous life and continue his and his family’s pursuits in real estate and reality TV shows.

I do not however want him as POTUS. I don’t want Hillary either.

But it is not a zero sum game nor a question of choosing the “lessor of two evils”.

Neither are acceptable.

When it comes to choosing between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich, I have the right and moral and ethical obligation to say “Neither”. 
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Victoria33

Just when I thought Trump couldn't say anything else to shock me!  What a freakin' moron! 
@libertybele

I am with you - when I heard he said he wouldn't use information from OUR intelligence agencies, I couldn't believe a maybe president would say such a thing.  What a stupid idiot to say that.  He absolutely cannot be president.  This country will go down in flames if he is allowed in the White House.

Offline Victoria33

No, he doesn't trust intelligent briefings; he's a boxers kind of guy.
@Oceander

Thanks so much, now I see him in briefs - Let me put acid in my eyes.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Oh you had to do it.  Post that picture.

Where is he going to get his intelligence?  From Russia??
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Oh you had to do it.  Post that picture.

Where is he going to get his intelligence?  From Russia??
Well be fair, Russia did warn us about the Tsarnaevs before the Boston Marathon bombing. Obama chose to ignore it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:12:52 am by dfwgator »