Author Topic: ‘Extreme Vetting’ Is Extremely Overdue  (Read 848 times)

Offline unknown

‘Extreme Vetting’ Is Extremely Overdue
« on: August 16, 2016, 09:52:56 pm »

‘Extreme Vetting’ Is Extremely Overdue

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/439025/extreme-vetting-keep-out-islamists

Mark Krikorian
August 16, 2016

Donald Trump’s speech yesterday on the threat of radical Islam included a section about immigration policy that has the usual suspects in a tizzy. This section focused not on terrorism, but rather on what Andy McCarthy calls the “grand jihad,” the importation of Islamist ideology that rejects our constitutional order and open society.

In his trademark manner, Trump departed from the prepared text to Archie Bunker-ize the speech by calling this “extreme vetting,” which is not the phraseology you should use once you’ve won the nomination and are trying to persuade the middle-of-the-road voter in Ohio and Florida. But rather than calling for body-cavity searches, as this label might suggest, he was instead calling for ideological/values screening, with the commonsense goal that “we should only admit into this country those who share our values and respect our people.” He explained:

{.. snip .. }

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline dfwgator

Re: ‘Extreme Vetting’ Is Extremely Overdue
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 09:57:55 pm »
Is Trump aware of "Taqqiya"?

Offline unknown

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 10:00:30 pm »
Is Trump aware of "Taqqiya"?

Don't know.

The article does discuss that a little bit though.

Would people lie? Sure. But it’s still worth doing. First, not everyone will lie — a non-trivial number of people considering immigration will look over the contract (it should be translated into at least as many languages as the citizenship test study guide is in) and decide that America is not for them.

What’s more, it will put in black and white our rejection of Islamic supremacism. That may upset some of our “allies,” but that’s too bad. We’re not allied with, say, Saudi Arabia because we share its values.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 10:02:19 pm »
As we've seen in Europe, the problem isn't so much the first wave that come in, it's their offspring that will eventually become "radicalized". 

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »
As we've seen in Europe, the problem isn't so much the first wave that come in, it's their offspring that will eventually become "radicalized".

The first wave is also important. There are many instances of todays refugees committing atrocities, along with ISIS infiltration.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 10:17:06 pm »

The first wave is also important. There are many instances of todays refugees committing atrocities, along with ISIS infiltration.
Understood.  But it's also important to note the impact on future generations.  Europe tells us the future, and no attempt to try to accommodate them is going to change that.

Offline unknown

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 10:24:08 pm »
Understood.  But it's also important to note the impact on future generations.  Europe tells us the future, and no attempt to try to accommodate them is going to change that.

Yes, regarding their generations, we must keep track of radical IMAMs and mosques, and take appropriate action.

When a local mosque acts like a local armory, as has been seen very recently in Europe, we know we aren't being proactive, but are being reactive. In this case, being reactive means tens or hundreds of American men, women, and children dead.

So, handle the current first wave. And handle the current population.