Author Topic: London Mayor To Set Up Police ‘Online Hate Crime Hub’ In ‘Partnership’ With Social Media Firms  (Read 939 times)

Offline unknown

London Mayor To Set Up Police ‘Online Hate Crime Hub’ In ‘Partnership’ With Social Media Firms

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/08/16/london-mayor-to-set-up-police-online-hate-crime-hub-in-partnership-with-social-media-firms/

Liam Deacon
16 Aug 2016

The office of London’s first Muslim mayor has secured millions of pounds to fund a police “online hate crime hub” to work in “partnership with social media providers” to criminalise “trolls” who “target… individuals and communities.”

The London mayor’s office for policing and crime (Mopac) will spend £1,730,726 of taxpayer’s money policing speech online after applying for a huge grant from the Home Office Police Innovation Fund (PIF), it was announced in a statement.

In May this year, the EU announced that Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft had “committed” to working more closely with them and national governments and “their law enforcement agencies” to help “criminalise” perceived “illegal hate speech” online.

“The Met encourages all victims of hate crime to report any incident to the police and will make every effort to hold offenders to account and bring them to justice.”

The law criminalises “using [a] public electronic communications network in order to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety,” and can result in a six-month prison term or fine of up to £5,000.

Section 127 was the law used to prosecute James McConnell, the Northern Irish Pastor charged with making “grossly offensive” remarks about Islam during a sermon broadcast online in 2014.

In 2011, a Scottish football fan was sentenced to eight months in prison for insulting Celtic fans, Catholics and the Pope on a Facebook page under section 127.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

The London mayor is a muslim.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline dfwgator

The London mayor is a muslim.
Considering the fact that he is the most popular Labour politician in the UK, there's a very good chance he will eventually become British Prime Minister.

Offline unknown

Considering the fact that he is the most popular Labour politician in the UK, there's a very good chance he will eventually become British Prime Minister.

Interesting thought, how absolutely scary.

We will have to watch and see.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
It's just a matter of time before they criminalize criticism of liberal politicians. It's all in how you define and prosecute.
England is eat up with Muslim hate preachers.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline dfwgator

At TOS I was speculating that TheScotsman would be along anytime to assure us that this wasn't really happening.   Then I found out he got banned.

Offline unknown

At TOS I was speculating that TheScotsman would be along anytime to assure us that this wasn't really happening.   Then I found out he got banned.

What?!? Are they doing that over there?   :chairbang:   jk

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Dirt for sale

Hopefully this will criminalize pop up advertisements, since they cause "annoyance, inconvenience and needless anxiety".