Author Topic: Report: Trump campaign denies ousted Fox CEO Roger Ailes is advising the candidate  (Read 696 times)

Wingnut

:shrug:  WTF....

Donald Trump's presidential campaign on Tuesday denied reports that embattled former Fox News chief executive Roger Ailes — who was ousted amid sexual harassment allegations — is advising the candidate.

“They are longtime friends, but he has no formal or informal role in the campaign,” Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in a statement to the Post.

[The fall of Roger Ailes: He made Fox News his ‘locker room’ — and now women are telling their stories]

The Daily Trail newsletter

A daily briefing of what's happening on the campaign trail.

The New York Times reported Tuesday that Ailes has begun assisting the campaign ahead of the presidential debates, which begin next month. The debates loom large over the election and could present the Republican presidential nominee with an opportunity to reverse a tide of unwelcome poll numbers showing him lagging behind Clinton.

Hicks said that Ailes is not helping with debate prep and is not advising Trump on other issues related to the campaign. She did not immediately respond to a question about how frequently the two men speak and whether they discuss the campaign.

[Trump on how women should deal with harassment: It’s ‘up to the individual’]

Ailes was forced out of Fox News after a sexual harassment lawsuit, filed by former network anchor Gretchen Carlson, began a steady stream of allegations from other women at the company. Ailes denied the allegations.

The former Fox News executive has a long history in Republican politics dating back decades, advising former Presidents Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/08/16/trump-campaign

Offline Just_Victor

They're sticking with the professionals for sexual harassment advice.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Wingnut

They're sticking with the professionals for sexual harassment advice.

Trump Finally hired the A-Team........................ of sexual harassers.