Author Topic: GOP Lawmakers Lay Out Perjury Case Against Clinton  (Read 670 times)

rangerrebew

GOP Lawmakers Lay Out Perjury Case Against Clinton
« on: August 16, 2016, 10:31:50 am »
GOP Lawmakers Lay Out Perjury Case Against Clinton
Photo of Chuck Ross
Chuck Ross
Reporter
4:00 PM 08/15/2016

The Republican chairmen of the House Oversight and House Judiciary Committees laid out the case for perjury charges against Hillary Clinton in a letter sent to the U.S. Attorney in Washington, D.C. on Monday.

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Virginia Rep. Bob Goodlatte, the chairs of Oversight and Judiciary, respectively, say that Clinton may have violated 18 U.S.C. § 1621 and § 1001, federal laws which govern perjury and false statements, respectively, during her Oct. 22, 2015 testimony in front of the House Select Committee on Benghazi.

In a letter to U.S. Attorney Channing Phillips, the lawmakers point to four inconsistent statements Clinton made regarding her private email system during that hearing.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/15/gop-lawmakers-lay-out-perjury-case-against-clinton/#ixzz4HURcGCWj

Oceander

Re: GOP Lawmakers Lay Out Perjury Case Against Clinton
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 10:41:15 am »
This is not going to go well, people.  There isn't the necessary consensus behind such a move, a la Nixon, and will most likely backfire as badly as the impeachment of Bill Clinton backfired.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 12:34:51 pm »
This is not going to go well, people.  There isn't the necessary consensus behind such a move, a la Nixon, and will most likely backfire as badly as the impeachment of Bill Clinton backfired.

I am old enough to remember Watergate very well.  In 1974 honesty, integrity, and morals meant something to the voting public.

In 2016, not so much unfortunately.  Look at the two candidates as an example. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 04:33:27 pm »

That is exactly why Benedict Ryan will allow it.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 04:37:28 pm »
I am old enough to remember Watergate very well.  In 1974 honesty, integrity, and morals meant something to the voting public.

In 2016, not so much unfortunately.  Look at the two candidates as an example.

I agree. And remember that Hitlery was fired from the Watergate hearings for unethical acts. She has no conscience. I bet she was like the "bad seed" as a child.
Principles matter. Words matter.