Author Topic: Donald Trump makes a SURPRISE move to emulate Ted Cruz  (Read 3056 times)

Offline libertybele

Donald Trump makes a SURPRISE move to emulate Ted Cruz
« on: August 15, 2016, 08:58:56 pm »
If the orange orangutan truly wanted to win. He would publicly apologize to Cruz and his supporters and ask for their forgiveness, support and help AND step down and let Pence and Cruz take over.

Donald Trump makes a SURPRISE move to emulate Ted Cruz

Donald Trump is losing, and he's losing so badly that even he's making excuses for why he's losing.

To turn it around, Trump and his team are looking to how Ted Cruz ran his campaign.

Ted Cruz made his campaign data-driven from the start. Even before he won Iowa, it was getting widespread attention. It paid off, too, as Ted Cruz won many states that the mighty Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio could not.

At the center of the Ted Cruz data operation was Cambridge Analytica, a firm that is getting dismissed sharply by the establishment despite helping Ted Cruz and the British Leave campaign overperform greatly.

But Donald Trump has hired Cruz's data wizards at Cambridge despite those complaints, reversing from his previous claims that he didn't need a data mining operation.

Trump's fundraising is terrible, and that he's gone back on his word to sell a building in order to keep up with Hillary Clinton's fundraising. Given all that, this actually seems like a smart decision for the Trump campaign. He's going to have to try to win votes on a shoestring, and microtargeting is a good way to get the best value for your money.

Hillary Clinton probably won't be worried by this, but she should be.

http://www.redstate.com/neil_stevens/2016/08/15/donald-trump-makes-surprise-move-emulate-ted-cruz/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Donald Trump makes a SURPRISE move to emulate Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 09:05:12 pm »
I wish Trump had picked Cruz as his running mate, the two have such similar ideas.

What a pain Trump did his street fighting routine on his own party but he's still a million times better than Hillary, questions can be made about Ted's campaign.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 09:07:54 pm »
I saw the title and wondered if he was going to accuse his own father of being involved in the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:17 pm »
At the center of the Ted Cruz data operation was Cambridge Analytica, a firm that is getting dismissed sharply by the establishment despite helping Ted Cruz and the British Leave campaign overperform greatly.

Something that many Trumpers denounced as being no better than domestic spying but as with all things Trump, Its different when he does it.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 09:36:37 pm »
TOS on suicide watch?
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 09:42:09 pm »
I saw the title and wondered if he was going to accuse his own father of being involved in the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

:silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:05 pm »
TOS on suicide watch?

Is that a ticketed event???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 10:20:26 pm »
TOS on suicide watch?

Heck no. It was slimy when Cruz did it.

Its a brilliant six dimensional chess move when Trump does it.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 10:21:43 pm »
I wish Trump had picked Cruz as his running mate, the two have such similar ideas.

One thinks Planned Parenthood does great things and abortion laws should stay the same
One thinks Christians should bake the dang cake and shut up
One thinks men should be able to share bathrooms and showers with the little girls
One thinks corporate subsidies and handouts are great and should be expanded
One wants to raise the ethanol mandate
One thinks deficit spending is a good thing
One thinks we need more "stimulus"
One thinks a trade war would be fun
One thinks its fine if Russia invades its neighbors
One thinks government should punish business who do, well, business
One supports racial affirmative action
One has dissed Justice Scalia
One thinks the Kelo decision was great
One has slept around on his wives
One has embraced smut and perversion
One has hired lobbyists
One has been caught funding a media smear campaign against competitors
One has hung out with mafioso
One has praised Obama and Hillary
One has given 6 figures to the Clinton Foundation

---

I don't think they have similar ideas.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 10:27:47 pm »
One thinks Planned Parenthood does great things and abortion laws should stay the same
One thinks men should be able to share bathrooms and showers with the little girls
One has hired lobbyists

---

Yes

:amen:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 10:29:42 pm »

LOL!

Explain to me when Ted Cruz became a Big Government, anti-Constitution, Crony Capitalist, anti-American-consumer, pro-tax, ethanol-loving, ethnicity-insulting liberal like Trump, please!  I missed it.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 10:32:24 pm »
One has hired lobbyists

---

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 10:41:49 pm »

What a pain Trump did his street fighting routine on his own party but he's still a million times better than Hillary, questions can be made about Ted's campaign.

Trump burned all his bridges. I doubt if he had publicly apologized for his behavior and lies that Sen Cruz would have accepted VP. I'm sure Sen Cruz would be gracious and accept the apology but I think that would have been it.

A lot of people got excited and fell in with Trump because he was so vicious in his attacks of other candidates. It was truly unusual to see. The other side of this is he cemented opposition to him within the party by doing this. Now he's seeing the consequences of it. IIRC, only 68% of Pubs are supporting Trump and over 90% of Rats are supporting hillary.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 11:02:08 pm »
One has hired lobbyists

---

BRAVO!!!   BRAVISSIMO!!!!!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 11:15:31 pm »

If Trump had picked Cruz, Cruz would have had to accept.  He never would have done so.  He understands that attaching oneself to Trump is a career killer.

The two men couldn't be more different.  One is a Christian conservative and Constitutionalist; the other is a lifelong liberal statist with no morals to speak of.

@TomSea

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 11:34:50 pm »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 11:44:09 pm »

I do not believe they have similar ideas.   Trump has always been a New York Liberal Democrat.  He is saying now what he thinks people want to hear so they will vote for him as a Republican.   

I believe Trump has been emulating the ideas of Cruz in order to win,  but I think Trump is mostly non-ideological.  That being said,  I am less worried about what he will do since he announced the sorts of Judges he plans on nominating to the Supreme Court. 

But Cruz was the genuine article. 

Trump could not have beaten Cruz without his unethical tactics.   Cruz would have won  but for the lies Trump Spread about him.   

That being said,  Trump is still better than Hillary. 

Almost anybody is better than Hillary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 12:23:03 am »

I do not believe they have similar ideas.   Trump has always been a New York Liberal Democrat.  He is saying now what he thinks people want to hear so they will vote for him as a Republican.   

I believe Trump has been emulating the ideas of Cruz in order to win,  but I think Trump is mostly non-ideological.  That being said,  I am less worried about what he will do since he announced the sorts of Judges he plans on nominating to the Supreme Court. 

But Cruz was the genuine article. 

Trump could not have beaten Cruz without his unethical tactics.   Cruz would have won  but for the lies Trump Spread about him.   

That being said,  Trump is still better than Hillary. 

Almost anybody is better than Hillary.

Almost anybody except Trump.  Trump and Hillary are two peas in a pod.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 01:18:47 am »
If Trump had picked Cruz, Cruz would have had to accept.  He never would have done so.  He understands that attaching oneself to Trump is a career killer.

The two men couldn't be more different.  One is a Christian conservative and Constitutionalist; the other is a lifelong liberal statist with no morals to speak of.
@TomSea

Worth repeating.  Like Day and Night.   Like Light and Dark.   Like Right and Wrong.

The two men couldn't be more different.

Offline cornfed

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 01:25:31 am »
This isn't about data usage.  This is about the candidate and his message.  One of these needs to change.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 02:49:34 am »

What questions can be made about Ted's campaign? he would have been the nominee had he not come to realize that tRump's next assault would be to fire-bomb his home and rightfully dropped out.

geronl

geronl

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 02:58:14 am »
Worth repeating.  Like Day and Night.   Like Light and Dark.   Like Right and Wrong.

The two men couldn't be more different.

Very true!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016, 03:11:41 am »

There is nothing in common between Ted and trump.

Ted is an honorable man, a true limited government conservative.

trump is like Hillary.. a corrupt maggot.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline kartographer

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 03:24:01 am »
Is that a ticketed event???

Pay per view.  :smokin:
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."