Author Topic: Donald Trump says media is out to get him.  (Read 1474 times)

Wingnut

Donald Trump says media is out to get him.
« on: August 14, 2016, 11:48:22 pm »
Trump in all his glory! "He's turned to bite the hand that fed him,"

Donald Trump's war on the press has gone nuclear.
"If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn't put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%," Trump said Sunday in one of seven anti-media tweets.
The GOP nominee tweeted about no other topics on Sunday. His focus is exclusively on the news media that he says is "protecting" Hillary Clinton.
He also tweeted, "It is not 'freedom of the press' when newspapers and others are allowed to say and write whatever they want even if it is completely false!"
The comment was widely derided by journalists, since the First Amendment provides broad protections against government interference with the press.
With Trump losing to Clinton in polls of key swing states, many Republican and Democratic analysts say they doubt that media-bashing is an effective strategy for persuading voters.

But Trump's most vocal supporters are literally cheering for him to fight the media. His crowds at rallies regularly boo and jeer the journalists who cover the events.
On Saturday night, when Trump said The New York Times is "going to hell" and threatened to revoke the newspaper's press credentials, the crowd applauded approvingly.
Politicians, particularly from the Republican party, frequently complain about media scrutiny and accuse journalists of being biased. But the ferocity of Trump's attacks is unprecedented in modern American politics.
He is explicitly running against the news media, even while running a campaign that relies mostly on news coverage instead of paid ads to communicate with Americans.
"He's turned to bite the hand that fed him," former Time Inc. editor John Huey said on Sunday's "Reliable Sources."

MORE:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/14/media/donald-trump-media-bias-first-amendment/

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Donald Trump says media is out to get him.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 11:54:08 pm »
When one of the media members is brutally assaulted at one of Trump's rallies things will really explode.  Trump is egging the whole thing on.  Loving every minute of it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 11:56:21 pm »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 11:56:53 pm »

Now the nutcase knows how Ted felt.  Sorry, I feel no pity for trump.... reap what you sow.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 11:59:06 pm »
"Donald Trump's war on the press has gone nuclear.
"If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn't put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%," Trump said Sunday in one of seven anti-media tweets."

Might help if he would try and communicate in complete sentences...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 12:08:16 am »
"If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn't put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%," Trump said Sunday in one of seven anti-media tweets."

That is what I said earlier.  He says things that are open to interpretation.  He says explosive things and blames the media for reporting it.  He is the one :dighole: :dighole: :dighole: for himself.  Digging, digging, digging with his bigly comments.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 12:14:14 am »
Donald is the victim here!   Lets show some compassion for this man who has been savaged by an unfettered press out to bury him with his own words.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 12:16:01 am »
Wait, I thought his plan was to use the media and play them like a drum?

What ever happened to that?

:silly: :silly:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 12:18:24 am »
I remember when Richard Nixon was hunkering down, nearing the impeachment vote in the House.   His favorite refuge was trashing the media, going after specific media outlets, and lashing out.

Trump is beginning to sound like the paranoid Nixon in his last days in the White House.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 12:21:27 am »
Hey Donald!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that the press isn't out to get you!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 12:21:48 am »
Remember the days when Trump was so delighted with all the coverage during the primaries and bragged that he didn't need to spend any money on ads? Well, the worm has turned - as predicted.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 12:23:57 am »
“At some point I’ll be so presidential that you people will be so bored, and I’ll come back as a presidential person, and instead of 10,000 people I’ll have about 150 people and they’ll say, boy, he really looks presidential,”  - Donald Trump

One thing is for certain.  Trump will never ever look Presidential. 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 12:27:40 am »
Remember the days when Trump was so delighted with all the coverage during the primaries and bragged that he didn't need to spend any money on ads? Well, the worm has turned - as predicted.

Makes you wonder what the press is sitting on that could be released if the race gets close.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 12:29:46 am »

I don't think he even understands what a complete sentence is.....

As for the media......... hasn't he paid attention to what the media does to anyone with an (R) beside his name??

Maybe he should have thought it over a bit more when he agreed to be Hillary's lapdog and run to help her get in the WH.

Then again, he doesn't really think, does he? 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 12:30:43 am »

and apparently he never bothered to reserve ANY television ad time for possible use either, pure insanity. He might not be able to run ads in good markets and time periods later even if he changes his mind. He could do some late night stuff like Gene Scott in the old days with his chariot races.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 12:30:47 am »
Makes you wonder what the press is sitting on that could be released if the race gets close.

Since everybody and his brother has been hacked- there could be a lot of bombshells.  :pop41:

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 12:34:53 am »
Some random observations:

(1)  The media being out to get you is a natural part of being the GOP Presidential nominee.

(2)  Trump is benefiting from the "the boy who cried wolf" phenomenon, so he probably should be quiet about this.  The media has claimed every GOP nominee for decades is "racist", a tool of plutocrats, is economically illiterate, will lead the US into war, etc. when these accusations had no basis in fact and were justified only by the delusion that opposition to the programme of the secular left definitionally represented all these things.  Now Trump is running a campaign with rhetoric and policy prescriptions that sober analysis based on no left-wing delusions suggests really does have all the qualities the media misattributed to Romney, McCain, Bush the Younger, Dole, Bush the Elder, Reagan, and Ford before him.  Trump would have even worse poll numbers if the accusations were not being ignored as simply the usual media treatment of GOP Presidential nominees.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 12:36:14 am »
Since everybody and his brother has been hacked- there could be a lot of bombshells.  :pop41:

Guaranteed to make Trump's head go splody???
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:39:03 am by Gov Bean Counter »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 12:39:35 am »
A story is going around that  his close advisors told him that he would have to start spending money on tv and radio ads. Supposedly, he told them that he didn't need to spend money on more ads, the media would do it, his publicizing,  for him. How do you reach a guy whose head is that thick?

Offline austingirl

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 12:47:53 am »
A story is going around that  his close advisors told him that he would have to start spending money on tv and radio ads. Supposedly, he told them that he didn't need to spend money on more ads, the media would do it, his publicizing,  for him. How do you reach a guy whose head is that thick?

I really doubt Trump's intelligence. His inability to speak in a linear manner in complete sentences has always bothered me, but his continuing failure to stay on (the supposed anti-Hitlery) message despite all the pundits advising him, argues for a low IQ. He may be sly and crafty in business, but I think he is of below average intelligence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2016, 12:51:59 am »
The media is out to get every republican now.

Suck it up buttercup.

Wingnut

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2016, 12:56:46 am »
The media is out to get every republican now.

Suck it up buttercup.

A fish rots from the trump head down....

Offline austingirl

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 12:57:43 am »
Guaranteed to make Trump's head go splody???

Ha- whose head is going splody first? Trump or Hitlery- the she-devil is resting in her coffin this weekend so she is refreshed for next week. But that post-concussion syndrome is a wild card in this awful election year.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 01:06:08 am »
Ha- whose head is going splody first? Trump or Hitlery- the she-devil is resting in her coffin this weekend so she is refreshed for next week. But that post-concussion syndrome is a wild card in this awful election year.
They are a couple of time bombs, aren't they?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:28:38 am by Gov Bean Counter »