Author Topic: Inside the Failing Mission to Save Donald Trump From Himself  (Read 613 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inside the Failing Mission to Save Donald Trump From Himself
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:03:18 pm »
Inside the Failing Mission to Save Donald Trump From Himself

By ALEXANDER BURNS and MAGGIE HABERMANAUG. 13, 2016

Donald J. Trump was in a state of shock: He had just fired his campaign manager and was watching the man discuss his dismissal at length on CNN. The rattled candidate’s advisers and family seized the moment for an intervention.

Joined by his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, a cluster of Mr. Trump’s confidants pleaded with him to make that day — June 20 — a turning point.

He would have to stick to a teleprompter and end his freestyle digressions and insults, like his repeated attacks on a Hispanic federal judge. Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump’s campaign chairman, and Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey argued that Mr. Trump had an effective message, if only he would deliver it. For now, the campaign’s polling showed, too many voters described him in two words: “unqualified” and “racist.”

Mr. Trump bowed to his team’s entreaties, according to four people with detailed knowledge of the meeting, who described it on the condition of anonymity. It was time, he agreed, to get on track.

Nearly two months later, the effort to save Mr. Trump from himself has plainly failed. He has repeatedly signaled to his advisers and allies his willingness to change and adapt, but has grown only more volatile and prone to provocation since then, clashing with a Gold Star family, making comments that have been seen as inciting violence and linking his political opponents to terrorism.

more
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/us/politics/donald-trump-campaign-gop.html?_r=2
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

Re: Inside the Failing Mission to Save Donald Trump From Himself
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »
Lord have mercy.  That article almost makes me feel sorry for Trump.

He never should have entered the race.  He wasn't prepared nor qualified.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 11:05:14 pm »
This what happens when voters vote according to their emotions and fail to employ the logical side of the brain.

Trump's backers are still so deep in worship, many still think he's going to roll to a landslide win in November.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 11:08:59 pm »
This what happens when voters vote according to their emotions and fail to employ the logical side of the brain.

Trump's backers are still so deep in worship, many still think he's going to roll to a landslide win in November.

If he should lose in Nov, I'm sure accusations of voter fraud will be part of their lashing out processes

Never, ever placing the blame on the candidate, himself
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy