Author Topic: The Morality of Voting for Trump  (Read 23877 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: The Morality of Voting for Trump
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2016, 03:15:18 pm »
Please stop stalking me.

????

I'm on your thread discussing your topic that you want to discuss.

I wouldn't stalk you if my life depended on it.

Sorry I asked you a question you didn't want to answer.

Mea culpa for thinking you were serious about this discussion.......

Yikes.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2016, 03:19:44 pm »
This gets the point across: The Evangelical Case for Voting for David Duke

That was an awesome lesson in ethics.  Well done.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2016, 03:20:31 pm »
Since you have mentioned my 'intend' to offend you more than once, it seems necessary to clarify that I never have any intent to offend you or anyone else. What I write is simply what I genuinely feel at the time of authorship. 

I had a feeling you may take it that way which is why I wrote 'Just kidding' at the bottom. I think you are a wonderful poster and a valuable contributor to the discussions which I have participated when you were there.

I posted he Chuch Lady image because the laws of the universe demanded it. It had to be done. It just fit so perfectly.

But no. I have no intent to single you out for any special treatment. This is all just a group of people getting together and talking to each other. Anyone who takes it too seriously is putting more into it than is really there. I have to go.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2016, 03:22:00 pm »
OK @don-o ........ after reflecting on your bizarre response to my post (truly, truly bizarre), I have decided I should put you on IGNORE for your sake, not mine.  I enjoy the discussion.

I would suggest you put me on IGNORE as well, since I offend you.

I'm truly sorry that my probing questions offended you.  It was not my intent, but I clearly upset you, and I apologize for that.

Take care.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2016, 03:24:24 pm »
Since you have mentioned my 'intend' to offend you more than once, it seems necessary to clarify that I never have any intent to offend you or anyone else. What I write is simply what I genuinely feel at the time of authorship. 

I had a feeling you may take it that way which is why I wrote 'Just kidding' at the bottom. I think you are a wonderful poster and a valuable contributor to the discussions which I have participated when you were there.

I posted he Chuch Lady image because the laws of the universe demanded it. It had to be done. It just fit so perfectly.

But no. I have no intent to single you out for any special treatment. This is all just a group of people getting together and talking to each other. Anyone who takes it too seriously is putting more into it than is really there. I have to go.

The "you" was collective.  You post "you support Hillary" to offend.  It serves no other purpose.

As for the Church Lady, the fact that you thought it necessary to post it in response to a serious post about the condition of the Church in America, still doesn't speak well for you.

At any rate, neither will offend me any more.

Have a pleasant day.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2016, 03:28:32 pm »
????

I'm on your thread discussing your topic that you want to discuss.

I wouldn't stalk you if my life depended on it.

Sorry I asked you a question you didn't want to answer.

Mea culpa for thinking you were serious about this discussion.......

Yikes.

I am tired of you repeatedly attributing motive and judgment of others to me that I have never made. Sick and tired.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2016, 03:36:16 pm »
Please stop stalking me.

I know musiclady.  Musiclady is a friend of mine. Nelieve me, sir.  Musiclady is no stalker.

Offline flowers

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2016, 03:39:16 pm »
I am tired of you repeatedly attributing motive and judgment of others to me that I have never made. Sick and tired.
It does get old.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2016, 03:43:29 pm »
Trump supporters seem to be melting down here just like their boy.

It will get worse.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2016, 03:46:35 pm »
Trump supporters seem to be melting down here just like their boy.

It will get worse.

Well said, I see Trump supporters going into the caucus forums for other candidates and putting their candidates down. (/s)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2016, 03:47:38 pm »
Let's talk about the morality of voting for NEITHER The Mao Pantsuit or Il Douche.

Number one - because it doesn't matter what your vote is anymore,  the corruption demonstrated in the DNC primary alone ought to teach you that -

and two - the rulers we have and the collapsed culture we live in are a direct result of the IMMORALITY of "We The People" who have redefined morality and fulfilled the prophecies in scripture about this age.

Start with re-establishing the religious heritage and values that founded and sustained us rather than look to political messiah's to give your current "vote" some mythical moral value that it no longer has.

You are 'voting' for despotism and tyranny: death by burning at the stake, or being boiled alive in oil.  Choosing one or the other and expecting a better outcome is not moral - it's STUPIDITY on a grand scale to practice insanity and expect anything different or worse than where we have already arrived.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2016, 03:53:32 pm »
Voting for Trump is immoral? Have I mistakenly veered into a loony bin?

Offline flowers

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2016, 03:55:51 pm »
It sure appears that way.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2016, 04:06:00 pm »
Well said, I see Trump supporters going into the caucus forums for other candidates and putting their candidates down. (/s)

I've been told by the owners of this forum that there are no caucuses any longer.  Do you know something they don't?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:08:08 pm by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2016, 04:07:29 pm »

Voting for Trump is not immoral.  Not voting for Trump or Hillary is not immoral either.  Morality doesn't figure into this at all.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2016, 04:08:02 pm »
How about doing business with him? Is that immoral? Vendors, contractors, agents, representatives, the GOP?

Should the folks that work for Trump need worry about their soul because they work for an immoral man?

Politics makes people all zooey.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »
How about doing business with him? Is that immoral? Vendors, contractors, agents, representatives, the GOP?

Should the folks that work for Trump need worry about their soul because they work for an immoral man?

Politics makes people all zooey.

The people who deal with Trump are not immoral.

Just suckers.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2016, 04:13:06 pm »
You did that the day you fell for "The Wall!" BS.   :thud:

Are we saying Cruz and Rubio fell for "The Wall" BS too? Okay, I don't agree but maybe it is so. They both came out for a wall being built too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2016, 04:13:58 pm »
The people who deal with Trump are not immoral.

Just suckers.

Wow, name-calling, persuasive.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2016, 04:17:02 pm »
Whether a wall is built or not, I do think we will have something done about the concentration, not the open borders of Bush, Obama and Clinton.

Also, considering how the Iraq invasion has led to so much trouble and hardship for Christians over there, Trump has done nothing even in the league of what Obama, Clinton and Bush have done.

So, I'm not trying to convince anyone to vote one way, for me, it is much more moral to vote for Trump than any of the above mentioned.

Offline flowers

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2016, 04:23:35 pm »
Whether a wall is built or not, I do think we will have something done about the concentration, not the open borders of Bush, Obama and Clinton.

Also, considering how the Iraq invasion has led to so much trouble and hardship for Christians over there, Trump has done nothing even in the league of what Obama, Clinton and Bush have done.

So, I'm not trying to convince anyone to vote one way, for me, it is much more moral to vote for Trump than any of the above mentioned.

Good post.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2016, 04:24:15 pm »
I'll restate something more clearly: Politics makes people behave 'irrationally'.

Once passions subside, lot of people going to have egg on their face.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2016, 04:24:27 pm »
There is no morality in voting for Trump. I haven't seen anything moral about the guy.  He is corrupt and out for no one other than himself and anyone that sides with Trump's evilness is evil.  Wrong is wrong.  At the end of the day, I will be voting in the candidate of my choice and for as many conservatives down ballot.  I'm not voting for Trump.  I am not voting for Hillary.  My conscience is clear and those who bolstered Trump to this position and continue to support him ARE responsible for what happens going forward.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2016, 04:26:07 pm »
Wow, name-calling, persuasive.

What would you call someone who bought into one of Trump's multi-level marketing schemes?

Sucker seems nice, to me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2016, 04:26:59 pm »
I'll restate something more clearly: Politics makes people behave 'irrationally'.

Once passions subside, lot of people going to have egg on their face.

You want some toast, AC?