Author Topic: Laura Ingraham Successfully Persuades Me Not To Vote For Donald Trump  (Read 968 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?

By: Ben Shapiro
August 12, 2016

On Tuesday, syndicated radio host Laura Ingraham appeared on Fox News and called anyone who failed to vote for Donald Trump “immoral.” I responded here. My main argument was this:

I have never made and will never make the argument that it is immoral for people to vote for Trump to stop Hillary. I understand that argument completely, and sympathize with it. But
lying for Trump is immoral. Pretending his boo-boos aren’t boo-boos is immoral. Pretending he’s something he’s not, and lying to your audience about it – that’s immoral. And most of all, pretending that those who make a different risk-reward calculation from yours are immoral – even while those people hold supposedly similar principles – is immoral.

Now Ingraham has responded, in a piece titled, "The morality of voting for Trump: #NeverTrumpers fail to persuade as Dems focus on helping their candidate win."

And her response embodies the immorality about which I wrote. In order to justify her support for Donald Trump, Ingraham is forced to embrace and purvey a series of lies.

Those lies are why I don’t plan to vote for Trump.

Read more: http://www.dailywire.com/news/8350/laura-ingraham-successfully-persuades-me-not-vote-ben-shapiro

Offline sinkspur

Re: Laura Ingraham Successfully Persuades Me Not To Vote For Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 01:27:18 am »
Already posted.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 01:28:51 am »
Thanks for posting a Ben Shapiro article, I find his writing very interesting.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 01:42:13 am »

Those lies are why I don’t plan to vote for Trump.

I understand.   We need someone who is completely honest like Hillary. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 02:14:21 am »
WAIT until THIS hits the Newsstands!

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 02:26:33 am »

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 02:29:05 am »
That's funny.   I put up a real and accurate picture,  and you respond with a fake picture.   

Like you said,   I should not try to figure out your logic. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 03:00:53 am »

Since you obviously didn't read the article and since Ben says exactly what I'm thinking anyway, I'll just leave this here.

This is the final resort of the ardent Trump supporter: if you won’t back their man, you must back his opponent. This is simple-minded. I don’t owe my vote to anyone. I certainly don’t owe it to Donald Trump. If I choose to vote for Trump, that’s one vote for Trump and one against Hillary. If I chose, God forbid, to vote for Hillary, that would be one vote for Hillary and one against Trump. If I choose neither, neither gains nor loses a vote.

This is called mathematics.

And by the way, I choose neither. Hillary Clinton is a terrible person, a cesspool of corruption and avarice. I wouldn't vote for her if you put a gun to my head.

But Trump supporters don’t care about my vote or those of #NeverTrump – as Trump himself has said, we’re a small movement. No, they want us to lie alongside them. They want fellow shills. They want people who will spend all their time either ignoring Trump’s inanities and insanities or excusing them.

Lies are not conservative. Worshipful lies on behalf of a petty authoritarian narcissist are even less conservative.

Voting is one thing. Endorsing, praising, and promoting lies are another.

Here’s the simple fact: were it not for propagandists like Ingraham bellowing nonsense from the rooftops about Donald Trump as God’s gift to conservatism, I’d be far more likely to vote for him. But I cannot in good conscience vote for a man and a movement dedicated to hollowing out the conservative movement from the inside, then using it as a meat puppet for anti-Constitutional conservative, nationalist populist tripe. I believe the only way to defeat Hillary’s agenda is to defeat the left. And the left includes Donald Trump as well as Hillary, which is why I’m not voting for either of them.