Author Topic: Trump Continues to Reset Expectations He Might Lose in November  (Read 1730 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Trump Continues to Reset Expectations He Might Lose in November
Friday, August 12, 2016 11:35 AM

By: Mark Swanson

Continuing a theme he started Thursday morning on the cable talk show circuit, Donald Trump appears to be opening the door to the possibility he could lose the race for the White House.

Speaking to hundreds of evangelical leaders in Orlando, Florida, Trump rattled off problem states that could cost him the election, The New York Times reported:

"We're having a tremendous problem in Utah."
    "We need help" in Ohio.
     He can't carry Virginia without the evangelical vote.

"Had you voted for (Mitt) Romney, it would have been much closer," the Times quoted Trump, referring to the 2012 election. "You didn't vote for Romney, the evangelicals. Religion didn't get out and vote."

Trump started off Thursday by acknowledging for the first time that he might not win the election, saying on CNBC's "Squawk Box" that if things don't work out, "I'm going to have a very, very nice long vacation."

"If at the end of 90 days I've fallen short because I'm somewhat politically correct even though I'm supposed to be the smart one and even though I'm supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it's OK," Trump told CNBC.

"I go back to a very good way of life. It's not what I'm looking to do. I think we're gonna have a victory, but we'll see."

Thursday's range of comments came after a couple of tumultuous weeks of bad poll numbers for Trump, who earlier in August countered by telling supporters that he feared the election would be rigged and suggested "Second Amendment people" can stop Hillary Clinton.

However, Trump is confident in at least one battleground state.

"I think we'll win Pennsylvania because of the miners," the Times quoted Trump telling the pastors and church leaders in Orlando. "She wants the miners out of business. She wants steel out of business."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-GOP-Lose-Campaign/2016/08/12/id/743363/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump Continues to Reset Expectations He Might Lose in November
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 09:08:29 pm »
Today I heard Trump has closed his campaign HQ in New Jersey. Its deserted.

I wonder if anyone can validate this.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 09:33:31 pm »
Any mixed signals sent by Trump might be better seen in the context of the assertions made in the attached article.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/03/28/Ex-Trump-Insider-Donald-Doesn-t-Want-Be-President

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 09:50:53 pm »

Why would he have a campaign office in Jersey? There is no way in hell he's winning Jersey.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 09:53:32 pm »
Why would he have a campaign office in Jersey? There is no way in hell he's winning Jersey.

It was in Christi's spare bedroom.  Rent free.

Offline skeeter

geronl

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 10:17:39 pm »
"Had you voted for (Mitt) Romney, it would have been much closer," the Times quoted Trump, referring to the 2012 election. "You didn't vote for Romney, the evangelicals. Religion didn't get out and vote.

Not that tired old myth again

geronl

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 10:18:24 pm »

Probably the same reason he campaigns in Maine and Detroit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 10:25:58 pm »

If he's adapted that attitude for the general election then he might as well concede right now.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 11:06:46 pm »
If he's adapted that attitude for the general election then he might as well concede right now.

Running a smart campaign does not mean conceding, it does me concentrating on the states where he would have a chance..

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 12:09:44 am »
This SOB doesn't even want to win.  His campaign should be stopped NOW and he should give way to Mike Pence.  He's screwing America before our very eyes.

So many of us never trusted Trump, and this is the prime reason as to why.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 01:56:46 am »
This explains Trumps seemingly insane propensity to want to make Cruz an arch-villain.

In your guts you know he's nuts.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 02:02:56 am »

Throw Trump a baby ruth

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 02:06:52 am »
Running a smart campaign does not mean conceding, it does me concentrating on the states where he would have a chance..

In the primaries that would make sense. This is the general election.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 02:09:06 am »

Trump closes up shop in New Jersey

http://www.politico.com/states/new-jersey/story/2016/08/trump-nj-headquarters-closed-not-long-after-it-opened-104651
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 02:09:36 am »

Just WAIT..until this hits the streets!...

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 02:12:14 am »
"You didn't vote for Romney, the evangelicals. Religion didn't get out and vote."

That's a real funny way for a supposed Christian to talk about other Christians...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

geronl

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 03:56:22 am »

All 2 of them? Gotta deny Hillary a 50-state sweep and declare a moral victory??