Author Topic: Rush: If the Election Is Supposed to Be Over, Why Are the Drive-Bys So Worried?  (Read 1280 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/08/12/if_the_election_is_supposed_to_be_over_why_are_the_drive_bys_so_worried

If the Election Is Supposed to Be Over, Why Are the Drive-Bys So Worried?
August 12, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: As I'm wandering through the news last night and today and even during the day yesterday, as I'm preparing this program, it is stunning how so many reporters and commentators and guests and analysts in the Drive-By Media are really, really worried about this whole Hillary Clinton email business.  And not this new investigation that we thought yesterday wasn't happening; it turns out it is happening.

It's just it's not happening from the DOJ.  But the FBI is looking into the Clinton Crime Family Foundation.  It's being run out of the Manhattan US attorney's office and the FBI there.  Now, it could still eventuate that Loretta Lynch in Washington at the full the DOJ would say to the New York office -- the Manhattan attorney's office -- "Just screw it. We're not going anywhere with it," but the investigation is happening.

But even before you get there, just what has been learned to date, it's amazing how many people in the Drive-By Media really do believe that there are deep enough and long enough legs in this story that this could have a huge damaging effect on her candidacy.  Why would they think that?  Because up 'til now, they've been pooh-poohing the whole idea. "What's this email? Why would that matter? There's no big deal! We know everything there is to know about it.  Comey said he's not gonna prosecute.  Comey said nobody would prosecute."

And yet, of all the things -- of all the things out there -- that you would think, that I would think might make Hillary Clinton's campaign vulnerable that might cause her problems, it's this. It's this email thing. It's the fear that WikiLeaks has more and is holding whatever they're gonna dump next until October.  There is fear that she has so blatantly lied about all of this that there's no way it can't come back and bite her, and that it will be made understandable to people/to voters who right now may find it just too complicated to care about.

It's stunning how worried they are.  I'll share details of what I'm talking about as we get to the audio sound bites and other elements in the news today.  And the Washington Post.  How many of you people -- just in your consumption of the news every day -- have concluded that the Drive-Bys think this is over?  I mean, Trump's finished. Trump doesn't have a prayer.  I mean, that's the narrative each day. That seems to me the foundation of every story that's out there.

You hear stories now about fundraising problems at the RNC, that Republicans down the ballot are urging Reince Priebus to stop spending any money on Trump, that it's a waste of money.  Trump's saying, "What do you mean, stop spending money on me?  I'm the guy raising the money.  Screw you! If you stop spending the money on me, you're not gonna have any money because I'm the only guy raising money for you."

Meanwhile, down-ballot Republicans -- hearing that they're gonna lose in a landslide -- are demanding the RNC essentially concede that fact, forget the Trump campaign ('cause it's "over"), and start trying to save the House and the Senate.  Then, of course, we had the 50 former national security aides (Republicans) all writing or signing a letter claiming that Trump's outrageously unqualified and unfit, and there's a great response to this one today that I can't wait to share with you.

But amidst all of this -- amidst all of this narrative that Trump's finished... "The election's over. It's gone. There's nothing he can do. He's so far down in the polls. There's no way! There's no way can make any of it back." This seems to be the narrative, and yet the Drive-Bys are worried silly over Hillary's email scandal. Not all of 'em, but a lot of them are.  And then I found this in the Washington Post, and I want to just share the headline with you: "If Donald Trump Wins in 2016, Remember This One Poll Number."

I said, "Whoa.  What do you mean, 'If Donald Trump Wins...'?  I thought everybody at the Washington Post and the New York Times and CNN and everywhere else had Trump buried already.  This campaign was finished.  It's over.  That is what they're trying to make everybody think.  So I was intrigued, because I'm a person of endless curiosity.  The story's by somebody named Aaron Blake, and it begins this way: "Donald Trump is struggling in the polls, and he doesn't seem to have any desire to change anything."

By the way, that's another part of this.  The Drive-Bys seem to think Trump's okay with losing now, 'cause he's talking about how great a life he's gonna have if he loses.  "Oh, yeah, yeah! I'll be able to relax, put my feet up. It's gonna be great." They're hearing that as, "He doesn't even care anymore.  Trump's so convinced he's gonna lose, he's even talking about it," and yet: "If Donald Trump Wins in 2016, Remember This One Poll Number." In fact, Aaron Blake quotes Trump. "He said [yesterday] morning that he'll "just keep doing the same thing I’m doing right now."

No need to change.  He's gonna keep doing everything he did that got him victories in the primaries: Why should I change anything?  Trump is quoted as saying, "'At the end it's either gonna work or I'm gonna -- well, I'm gonna very, very nice, long vacation,' he added.  And indeed some are starting to predict that Trump is due for very, very nice, long vacation after November 8th.  But if he's not," writes Aaron Blake, "remember this poll number."  And here it is:

"Bloomberg in its new survey attempted to approximate Trump's view of the state of affairs in the United States, and it did the same for Clinton. Here's the Trump description (which didn't name him but is [obvious])." What Bloomberg did here is present to people in their poll two descriptions of the current state and direction of the country and asked people to choose which one they most or more identified with.  So here is the Trump description:

"'The US is in a dark and dangerous place, with threats from overseas and within our borders.' And here's the [Bloomberg] Clinton description: 'The US is in a strong position for progress on the economy and national security.'" So voters in this poll were given two options to sign on with whichever direction they think the country's headed in.  Again, "The US is in a dark and dangerous place, threats from overseas and within our borders," or what Hillary's out trying to say:

Hey, things are great! We are "in a strong position" on our economy; recovery is right around the corner! It's gonna grow like crazy, and our national security has never been better.  "Given those two options," and this is a likely voter poll, "56% ... picked the Trump version, and 40% picked the Clinton version." Now, that's a total of 96%; so 4% were undecided.

This is a 16-point advantage for Trump.  So Mr. Blake is saying after all of this is said and done and if Trump wins this, he thinks it's gonna be this answer, that a huge majority of Americans think that we're on the wrong track, and that Hillary Clinton's answer to it doesn't even address it honestly. It's a 14-point swing.  I just mention this because if you know how to digest these Drive-Bys, they will tell you what bothers them.

I mean, while they're out bragging and acting all arrogant and condescending about how it's over and Trump's a fool and they've succeeded in defeating him and it's just a matter of time. If you know where to look and you know how to read these guys and interpret what they're saying, you can find out what their fears really are.  That's come I know that they're scared to death over this Hillary email.  They're even coming out and admitting that.

But this one! You know what this is akin to?  This is akin to the question that is always asked in exit polls: "Cares about people like me."  In the 2012 exit polls, that's the question that Obama beat Romney on 81 to 19.  And when you saw that poll, when you saw that result on the exit polls... I'll speak for myself: That's when I knew the election was lost.  If that... And there was one other that cemented it, and that is that 56% of people in 2012 still blamed George W. Bush for the economy.

So after four years of Obama and his wrecking ball on the economy, the American voter by 56% or close to 60%, still blamed Bush.  So I saw those two things, and, you know, I watched the returns, but I knew it was over.  The only thing I held out hope on was the exit polls were not right. But if they were right, if they accurately represented the way people voted, then Romney was toast -- and he turned out to be.

And this is the same kind of question.  So...  And that's what I was saying yesterday, folks: 70% in other poll the people think this country's headed in the wrong direction.  Seventy percent are not happy with the direction we're going, and Hillary Clinton has been there every step of the way.  Whatever has gone wrong in this country, Hillary Clinton's been there.  Donald Trump hasn't been.  No matter what else you want to say. 

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  A couple of more things on this Bloomberg poll that the Washington Post is worried about, in which 56% agree with the perception that the country "is in a dark and dangerous place, with threats from overseas and within our borders." That's the Trump take.  Although, you know, it's not. It really isn't Trump's. Trump is positive.  This is what everybody's missing.  Trump's outlook on this stuff is fixing it.  Hillary's outlook is phony.  But Trump's outlook... You know, they're saying Trump's America is deep and dark and negative.

No, no, no. Trump is just acknowledging what everybody thinks, and is proposing ways out of it.  Trump is ultimately uplifting and positive, according to his supporters.  There is no way you're gonna get Trump supporters to agree with the proposition that he's down in the dumps and dark and negative and pessimistic and all is lost.  It's the exact opposite, in fact.  The pessimism is associated with Hillary Clinton.  She wants more of the same -- and more of the same would be dark and dank and America in decline.

This is not hard.

The Drive-Bys don't want to see it that way, but other data in this poll: 68% think the country's headed in the wrong direction.  So it's consistent with other polls.  Only 25% say the country's headed on the right track.  And back in September, you know what the number was?  Fifty percent thought the country was on the wrong track.  Now it's up to 68%.  You know, it's an 18% increase.  Guess what the top priorities in this Bloomberg poll are.

Number one: Unemployment and jobs.

Number two: Terrorism.

Number three: Decline in income.

All of those can be attached to failed Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton policies if somebody would just do it.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34