Author Topic: Trump: 'I don't know that we need to get out the vote'  (Read 2432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'I don't know that we need to get out the vote'
« on: August 12, 2016, 03:45:33 pm »
August 12, 2016, 10:45 am
Trump: 'I don't know that we need to get out the vote'

By Jesse Byrnes

Donald Trump on Thursday night questioned whether his campaign needs to push voters to get out to the polls, predicting they would show up on their own.

“I don’t know that we need to get out the vote,” Trump said on Fox News's "The O'Reilly Factor."

"I think people that really want to vote, they’re gonna just get up and they're going to get out and they're going to vote for Trump and we’re going to make America great again," he added.

The remarks came during a discussion about his relationship with the Republican National Committee (RNC).

Trump in the interview issued a threat to stop fundraising for the Republican Party, amid a report that party officials could shirt resources to focus on down-ballot Republicans.

Some Republicans have urged the party to stop funding Trump and divert resources toward maintaining GOP majorities in Congress, given Trump's flagging polling numbers.

Fox host Eric Bolling noted that the RNC has infrastructure and data, such as email lists and phone numbers for voter outreach, saying it was important for Trump's campaign.

“I don’t know. I will let you know on the ninth, on Nov. 9th,” Trump responded, referring to the day after the election.

"I think we're gonna have tremendous voter turnout," he insisted.

"We're going to have tremendous turnout from the evangelicals, from miners, from the people that make our steel, from people that are getting killed by trade deals, from unemployed people that have been just decimated, from the military who are with Trump 100 percent, from our vets."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/291244-trump-i-dont-know-that-we-need-to-get-out-the-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: 'I don't know that we need to get out the vote'
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 03:49:33 pm »
So Trump is basically flushing millions of dollars worth of data and sweat equity put into GOTV efforts in favor of:

"Hey, they love me, so they'll get out and vote for me." 

He's going to get massacred.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 03:51:49 pm »
I know for an absolute fact that the military is not 100 percent for Trump.  Do you think he believes what he says?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 03:55:23 pm »
And the 2016 Olympic Gold Medal for running worlds fastest presidential campaign loss goes to...........the United States Donald Trump.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 04:01:21 pm »
20 years of politics and 15 of running campaigns - I've seen guys like Trump on the right more than I can count. Come in as an outsider, cut a Moses like figure to lead us out of the desert and make America great again.

Then think that there are so many silent majority out there just itching to vote for such a character that the candidate doesn't need to do the basic logistics of campaigning. They can win by sheer charisma alone.

They always lose big.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:02:04 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 04:32:58 pm »
Donald Trump Is a lot like George Custer.  Both have a preening arrogance, an inability to follow orders, and a sense of their own messianic rightness.  Gen. Custer did have better hair than Trump, well right up to the very end anyway.  This election is Trump's last stand at Little Bighorn.   

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 04:35:27 pm »
Donald Trump Is a lot like George Custer.  Both have a preening arrogance, an inability to follow orders, and a sense of their own messianic rightness.  Gen. Custer did have better hair than Trump, well right up to the very end anyway.  This election is Trump's last stand at Little Bighorn.

Good analogy, except Custer's own soldiers weren't firing at him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 04:49:39 pm »

That's why I like my analogy of the French Revolution and Robespierre, aka "The Incorruptible." Max was taken out by his own people.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:53:32 pm »

Custer was well liked by his men. Most officers who met him believed him to be preening an arrogant at first but fell to admiring his ability to lead by example. He led from the front.

Trump would have been on a train for Canada.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »
Bolling lost Trump at infrastructure.  Trump probably doesn't even know the word.  Trump don't need no stinkin' infrastructure.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 06:23:29 pm »

They should have!

geronl

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 06:24:41 pm »
That's why I like my analogy of the French Revolution and Robespierre, aka "The Incorruptible." Max was taken out by his own people.

The whole Trump thing does remind me a lot of Robespierre, then so does the rest of the left come to think of it

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »
The whole Trump thing does remind me a lot of Robespierre, then so does the rest of the left come to think of it

Yup!

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »
So Trump is basically flushing millions of dollars worth of data and sweat equity put into GOTV efforts in favor of:

"Hey, they love me, so they'll get out and vote for me." 

He's going to get massacred.

I'm pretty sure he has no intention of winning.  The crackpot theory that he was a plant to help Clinton win looks to be true.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 06:34:32 pm »
"We're going to have tremendous turnout from the evangelicals, from miners, from the people that make our steel, from people that are getting killed by trade deals, from unemployed people that have been just decimated, from the military who are with Trump 100 percent, from our vets."

Were the unemployed people decimated by death or did they get jobs?  I wish Trump spoke English instead of Moron.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 06:35:46 pm »
I'm pretty sure he has no intention of winning.

I'm just wondering how much he expects to get for this.

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 06:36:06 pm »

They should have!

Who knows if they did or they didn't....All those arrows hid the bullet holes.!

geronl

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 06:36:35 pm »
Were the unemployed people decimated by death or did they get jobs?  I wish Trump spoke English instead of Moron.

Decimated, I guess unemployment has a 10% death rate.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 06:47:56 pm »
Decimated, I guess unemployment has a 10% death rate.
:silly: :silly:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 06:53:10 pm »
Nothing like DT saying something totally outrageous.  All his lapdogs rush out to defend him and then he says........
JUST KIDDING.

He makes fools of scammity and the rest of the stooges.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 07:27:39 pm »
So... people are donating to the tune of $80 million in one month (July) and the orange-headed carnival barker doesn't think GOTV is necessary.

What in the flying ***k does he think he's going to do with all that money -- make an eight-digit donation to the Clinton Crime Family's "foundation" to buy himself in to the pay-for-play action? 

Thanks much, Trump backers... you foisted quite a candidate onto the rest of us.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 07:30:27 pm »

Trump would have been on a train for Canada.

Or sitting in his 25-room mansion claiming a bone spur in his foot.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 07:34:09 pm »

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2016, 07:44:42 pm »
Or sitting in his 25-room mansion claiming a bone spur in his foot.

It was a big spur.  Yuge.

geronl

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:52 pm »
So... people are donating to the tune of $80 million in one month (July) and the orange-headed carnival barker doesn't think GOTV is necessary.

What in the flying ***k does he think he's going to do with all that money -- make an eight-digit donation to the Clinton Crime Family's "foundation" to buy himself in to the pay-for-play action? 

Thanks much, Trump backers... you foisted quite a candidate onto the rest of us.

In the primaries 20% of his spending went to his own companies.

Just remember that the vast bulk of the $80M belongs to the RNC and not the Trump Campaign