Author Topic: If Trump Loses, Who Will Deserve The Blame?  (Read 1362 times)

Offline sinkspur

If Trump Loses, Who Will Deserve The Blame?
« on: August 12, 2016, 02:42:16 pm »
http://townhall.com/columnists/markdavis/2016/08/12/if-trump-loses-who-will-deserve-the-blame-n2204060

If Trump Loses, Who Will Deserve The Blame?

Mark Davis

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 12:01 AM 

August has not been a good month for those of us who are actually interested in preventing a Hillary Clinton presidency.

The left was always expected to be an obstacle, aided by willing handmaidens in the dominant media culture. But we have been additionally thwarted by Republicans unable to achieve clarity on the necessity of this mission. Throw in our candidate’s self-inflicted wounds, and moods have darkened.

Not mine.

This is a thoroughly winnable election, still more than twelve weeks away. We have a candidate who is far superior to Hillary Clinton on national security, taxes, job creation, gun rights, health care, rebuilding the military and the vital issue of Supreme Court choices. If we can spend more time celebrating his skillful deployment of those comparisons and less time cleaning up his messes, we will win.

That is a sizable if, but I plan to spend every day until the election doing things that bring about the defeat of Hillary Clinton, while pointing out the hazards of failing to do so.

However, the air hangs thick with residual NeverTrumper discontent. This has sparked discussion over whether foot-dragging Republicans will actually be to blame if he loses. If we shuffle off to nightmare-filled sleep November 8 after a Hillary Clinton win, will we have contrarian politicians and pundits to blame?

The answer is: it depends.

Any allegiance to conservatism requires fending off the disaster of her presidency. The only sensible choice is for the malcontents to get with the program, unify and help return this woman and her husband to private life permanently.

But if they do not, and Trump loses, is it their fault?

It will be if he brings us sufficient focus and discipline to deserve victory. If we blaze a trail to November 8 spending relatively few days explaining what he meant in his latest shoot-from-the-hip brushfire because he has done a laudable job of showing America why he is an infinitely better choice, then yes, it will be time to inform the NeverTrumpers that they own every stinking day of the ruinous presidency that will then unfold.

If Trump does pleasantly surprise us with a home stretch short on crises, maybe some of the recalcitrant know-it-alls will shrug and get on board. But many will not. They have made clear that they are fine with a status-quo establishment dichotomy, even if it features a presidency we have spent a generation dreading, and the country be damned.

Those die-hards are unmoved by the logic that they will have enabled a Hillary presidency, because they simply do not care. They have proven it.

But I believe there are many Trump skeptics who will thaw as November 8 draws nearer. They will see that a corrupt President who has alternately sacrificed and monetized our national security is a far worse prospect than any vagaries the Trump years may bring.

If they do not, then yes, we should long remember their betrayal as we endure Obama’s third term.

Unless…

What if Trump is just getting warmed up in the unforced errors department? What if September and October are a wheels-off catastrophe dispiriting to even enthusiastic supporters? This, by the way, is the firm prediction from the camp of his haters.

If they are right, he will lose, and it will not have been because of Susan Collins, Ben Sasse and Bill Kristol. It will have been because he screwed it up.

But here in mid-August, there is no way to know which Trump we are going to get. As such, it is the duty of every conservative to join the fight to at least give America a shot at a rescue from a continuation of the worst policies of our lifetime.

If our candidate does not sufficiently cooperate, at least we will have done our part. The Hillary presidency will not unfold because we lost focus. There will be at least some shred of peace from that as our liberties blink out in the coming years.

As someone passionately fighting for a Trump win, why am I spending time musing over the scapegoating landscape in the event of a Trump loss? I offer it as motivation, an appeal to any shred of objectivity that may be reachable in the minds and hearts of the Trump-haters.

If he runs a terrible campaign, they can say their initial predictions were correct. Good for them, we will award brownie points as we await the collapse of the economy and the Constitution.

But if he runs a good campaign, winning over enough votes to forestall a national calamity, what a tragedy if he loses one necessary state by a slim margin because NeverTrumpers denied America the life preserver of their cooperation.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

Re: If Trump Loses, Who Will Deserve The Blame?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 02:59:23 pm »
I would ask Mr Davis, in response to his comment 'which Trump are we gonna get', when during the course of this election season has Trump shown in any way shape or form that he capable of "sufficient focus and discipline" making him worthy of our support?

If he suddenly does it will be somewhat of a miracle.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:59:51 pm by skeeter »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »
Salem Radio deserves retribution for the over-the-top support provided to Donald Trump by Mark Davis (the author of this screed), Mike Galllagher, Hannity, and Hugh Hewitt.

I listen to Davis on 660 AM The (Wrong) Answer on my daily commute to Fort Worth. His argument has essentially been reduced to "anyone but Hillary", and his rants have become more strident daily. Ironic that he offered the best reason to NOT elect Trump, when he said two weeks ago, that "inside of Trump is a petulant 9 YO boy trying to escape."

Forget the SCOTUS....petulant 9 YO boys should never be allowed near the nuclear football.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 03:04:40 pm »
I would ask Mr Davis, in response to his comment 'which Trump are we gonna get', when during the course of this election season has Trump shown in any way shape or form that he capable of "sufficient focus and discipline" making him worthy of our support?

If he suddenly does it will be somewhat of a miracle.

It doesn't matter with him...Trump isn't Hillary, and that's all that matters.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 03:48:39 pm »
Trump is Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse I am convinced.

Who will "deserve" blame and who WILL actually be blamed for Trump's 'trouncing' in November has already been declared by the Trump militant.

And it will not be those who voted for Clinton who get 'blamed'.

It has already been declared that everyone who refuses to vote for him will be blamed.  Some even going so far as to suggest we should be killed for treason for refusing to vote for him.

Despite all the evidence of rigged corruption at every level, the fact remains Trump needs 65 million votes to even come close to "winning".  That is not going to happen even if every former Republican joined with the zealots for Trump to cast a ballot that will never be counted in the first place.  Wake up people.  We had a velvet coup. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:49:01 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 04:12:28 pm »
Blame?....   The duped supporters who allowed this Trojan Horse.  That was easy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 04:21:33 pm »
Blame?....   The duped supporters who allowed this Trojan Horse.  That was easy.

I'll blame 2 people directly.
1. the butthole surfer himself, Donald felonious Trump.
2. the RNC's top man Rancid Prius. A small little man with no testicles who let it come to this.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 04:29:29 pm »

That is who I would  blame as well. Lots of people looking for a savior, and not just on the Right, look at all the drooling idiots that supported Sanders. Those on the Right were so blinded by Trump's populism, that the most vulgar things coming out of his mouth did not shake them.    I can't blame FOX News or Talk radio, or for that matter Republican endorsements,  for ordinary people making dome personal choices.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:53:13 pm »
I'll blame 2 people directly.
1. the butthole surfer himself, Donald felonious Trump.
2. the RNC's top man Rancid Prius. A small little man with no testicles who let it come to this.

Ol' Rinse could have called his bluff, by requiring that all candidates release their tax returns as a prerequisite for a place in the debates.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 04:58:19 pm »
1. The "anyone is better than Hillary crowd."
2. Cable news shows that gave Trump roughly $2 billion of free advertising, especially Morning Joe.
3. "Conservative" talk show hosts, such as Mark Davis, Mike Gallagher, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, who have all jumped on the Trump Train. They will be furiously back pedaling once the numbers are baked into the cake.

Trump's campaign has no organization, no boots on the ground, no grass roots. It rocks Twitter, though.   :3:

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 05:14:25 pm »
The blame rests with Trump and those who collaborated with the strategic-voting "crossover dems" to push him to the nomination.  It's now quite clear, as it has been to those of us who opposed Trump from the start, that he is far too unstable, undisciplined and unprincipled to be anywhere near the reins of power.  Billionaire madmen simply don't appeal to American voters.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 06:15:28 pm »
TRUMP
and only Trump deserves the blame

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »
TRUMP
and only Trump deserves the blame

I dunno. I might put some blame on the rubes who bought his schtick...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »
1. The "anyone is better than Hillary crowd."
2. Cable news shows that gave Trump roughly $2 billion of free advertising, especially Morning Joe.
3. "Conservative" talk show hosts, such as Mark Davis, Mike Gallagher, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, who have all jumped on the Trump Train. They will be furiously back pedaling once the numbers are baked into the cake.

Trump's campaign has no organization, no boots on the ground, no grass roots. It rocks Twitter, though.   :3:

My Senator, Jeff Sessions, probably did more than any other one person to give Trump undeserved and unearned credibility. A pox on him.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 12:13:38 am »
It doesn't matter with him...Trump isn't Hillary, and that's all that matters.

Satan isn't Hillary, either.

Satan/Beelzebub 2016
Not Hillary!

:tongue2:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 12:14:09 am by HonestJohn »