Author Topic: AhlulBayt News Agency - ABNA - Shia News: Analysis: Does Islam have a violence problem?  (Read 676 times)

rangerrebew

ABNA.ir
AhlulBayt News Agency - ABNA - Shia News
http://en.abna24.comhttp://en.abna24.com/cultural/archive/2016/08/12/771444/story.html
QRCode
Analysis: Does Islam have a violence problem?

With their terror in the name of Islam, terrorists have plunged an entire world religion into a crisis of legitimacy. Although Islamic scholarship has mechanisms at its disposal to limit the violence, these are no longer effective in this current era of globalisation.

AhlulBayt News Agency - In Paris and Brussels terrorists indiscriminately killed innocent people in the name of Islam. Their barbaric actions heap discredit upon an entire world religion. The terrorists invoke Islam and justify their killing by making reference to the Quran. This is devastating for the peaceful majority of 98 percent of the world's 1.6 billion Muslims, because it has brought their religion under the general suspicion of having a violence problem.

Critics of Islam and broad sections of the western public attest to what they say is Islam's fundamentally belligerent character. In doing so, they refer – among other things – to passages of the Quran such as suras 2:191 and 4:89, which call on the faithful to kill infidels.

But things are not quite that simple. Theologians regard it as indisputable that in its fundamental doctrine, Islam does not glorify or legitimise violence any more than the Bible.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Islam have a violence problem? Hell no! They have no problem with violence at all, they have violence down pat. What Islam has is a PEACE problem, they are absolutely clueless about the concept of peace.

Offline dfwgator

Is the Pope an Argie?

Offline unknown

"Analysis: Does Islam have a violence problem?"

:silly:   :facepalm:    :bigsilly:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)