Author Topic: The Trump Effect Takes Over Swing States and Rubio Feels It the Most  (Read 207 times)

Offline libertybele

I think the polls are way ahead of themselves, the primary doesn't take place until the end of August.  Marco may not even be the GOP nominee.  I fear this is just the beginning of the 'Trump Effect'.  I think we're going to lose our majority in both Houses.

The ‘Trump Effect’ Takes Over Swing States — And Marco Rubio Feels It the Most

According to the latest swing-state poll released on Thursday, only Rob Portman looks to be in a commanding position for his re-election bid.

The Ohio Republicans leads former Buckeye state Governor Ted Strickland, 49% to 40%. The poll adds:

“While the Republican Portman and Democratic challenger Ted Strickland are evenly divided among women — an unusual outcome — Portman has a 19-point margin among men.”

Things don’t look so rosy in two other states, where Republicans face tough races.

In Pennsylvania, incumbent Pat Toomey trails Democrat Katie McGinty by three percentage points.

McGinty is outperforming Toomey with women and people with college degrees. Toomey, on the other hand, wins among men, independent voters and people without college degrees.

In Florida, Marco Rubio finds himself in a much-tighter race than previously predicted, even with Trump’s support. The GOP presidential nominee was very critical of Rubio in the presidential primaries, but has since endorsed him, saying:

“I endorsed Marco Rubio. He endorsed me. He’s doing well.”

But Rubio’s lead over Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy has fallen to three percentage points.

Rubio is beating Murphy with a key demographic: independents. Murphy trails Rubio with independent voters, 51% to 41%...

http://ijr.com/2016/08/670253-trump-effect-swing-states-marco-rubio/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.