Author Topic: Jesse Ventura Wants The Supreme Court To Make Chris Kyle’s Widow Pay Him Millions  (Read 582 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jesse Ventura Wants The Supreme Court To Make Chris Kyle’s Widow Pay Him Millions

Posted By Kevin Daley On 12:06 PM 08/11/2016

Former professional wrestler turned Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura hopes to take his million-dollar fight with the family of slain Navy SEAL Chris Kyle to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Ventura plans to appeal to the high court after a three-judge appellate panel overturned a verdict awarding him almost $2 million in a defamation suit.

The Kyle-Ventura spat stems from an account in Kyle’s 2012 bestselling memoir “American Sniper,” which conveys an allegedly fictitious encounter in 2006 at a California bar between Kyle and the former WWE star, styled “Scruff Face” in the text. The pair allegedly traded blows as a heated political parley devolved to fisticuffs. Ventura maintains that Kyle’s version of events is entirely fabricated, and that a fight never occurred.

“Scruff started running his mouth about the war and everything and anything he could connect to it,” Kyle wrote. “President Bush was an bleep. We were only over there [Iraq] because Bush wanted to show up his father. We were doing the wrong thing, killing men and women and children and murdering … Scruff said he hates America.” He further alleged Ventura claimed that the 9/11 terrorist attacks were a conspiracy orchestrated by the Bush administration.

Kyle’s description of events was widely syndicated in mass media. Court filings indicate the alleged encounter was discussed in interviews with the veteran sniper on talk radio and cable news.

Ventura brought a libel and unjust enrichment action against the Kyle family in 2o14, months after he was murdered by a former Marine with PTSD. He told the Star Tribune that his reputation and quality of life have declined dramatically as a result of Kyle’s allegations.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/jesse-ventura-vows-to-take-his-smackdown-with-chris-kyles-widow-to-scotus/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

What a fool.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I read somewhere the book publisher has insurance for this, and the lawsuit is between Ventura and the insurance company, not between he and Mrs. Kyle.  Whatever, I think Ventura should lose because I don't believe him, I believe Kyle's book.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

This moron is the Trump of ex-Govs.

Wingnut

This moron is the Trump of ex-Govs.

Two sue happy dopes without a clue.  Brain damaged horses arses.

Offline skeeter

I'm surprised Jesse hasn't challenged Ms Kyle to a pay-per-view Smackdown yet.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:beer:

I knew you'd like that.  It's right in your wheelhouse.   :beer:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:29:37 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.