Author Topic: Nets Silent on Dem Senate Candidate Celebrating Death of Justice Scalia  (Read 759 times)

rangerrebew

Nets Silent on Dem Senate Candidate Celebrating Death of Justice Scalia
By Nicholas Fondacaro | August 11, 2016 | 1:57 AM EDT
shares

While the liberal “Big Three” networks were up in arms Wednesday evening over the a comment Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump made about “second amendment people” in reference to stopping Hillary Clinton, they were strangely silent then when a Democratic Senate candidate from Ohio was caught celebrated the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. “And my friends, a lot of average citizens out there don’t understand the importance of that court,” Ted Strickland declared during an AFL-CIO event, “I mean, the death of Scalia saved labor from a terrible decision.”

And Strickland didn’t stop there. “And I don’t wish anyone ill, but it happened at a good time because once that decision had been made, it would have been tough to reverse it,” he said to the crown as the union members laughed and cheered him on. Once the audio recording of his comments came to light he issued an apology saying, “That was an insensitive remark and I apologize.”

Source URL: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2016/08/11/nets-silent-dem-senate-candidate-celebrating-death-justice

Offline dfwgator

Re: Nets Silent on Dem Senate Candidate Celebrating Death of Justice Scalia
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:03:33 pm »
"Think of the Press as a giant keyboard on which the government can play."  - Joseph Goebbels

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:11:42 pm »
"Think of the Press as a giant keyboard on which the government can play."  - Joseph Goebbels

Is that really you, gator? What made you decide to switch over from TOS (The Other Site)?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 05:13:17 pm »
I'm still there, but I saw a bunch of familiar names over here.   So I figured I'd stop by.

I still am for Trump 100%, but I do respect others' opinions.    I just can't fathom Hillary becoming President.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »
I'm still there, but I saw a bunch of familiar names over here.   So I figured I'd stop by.

I still am for Trump 100%, but I do respect others' opinions.    I just can't fathom Hillary becoming President.

Not in your camp on Trump, but I respect those like you who are. If Trump could exorcise that petulant 9 YO boy inside of him (Mark Davis' words), it would be a different story. Dittos on Hillary.

Trump has always been my #2 behind Cruz, but that was predicated on him pivoting after he won the nomination. Trump seems to keep doubling down on incendiary remarks.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 05:41:53 pm »
The way I see it.  Hillary is going to piss me off 95% of the time.  Trump will only piss me off 70% of the time.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »
The way I see it.  Hillary is going to piss me off 95% of the time.  Trump will only piss me off 70% of the time.

I'd say you're playing the "under" on both...lol.

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 06:03:49 pm »
This is SOP for commiecrats.  Say something nasty, make sure the nets cover it, then apologize when you're sure the nets won't be covering.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 08:58:26 pm »

It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.
-Jake from State Farm