Author Topic: Robert Spencer: GOP National Security Leaders ‘Intellectually Bankrupt’ to Attack Trump and Defend Clinton’s ‘Pitiable Record’  (Read 2585 times)

rangerrebew

Robert Spencer: GOP National Security Leaders ‘Intellectually Bankrupt’ to Attack Trump and Defend Clinton’s ‘Pitiable Record’

August 10, 2016 5:12 pm By Robert Spencer 76 Comments

The guardians of a failed foreign policy establishment.

Donald Trump

“Robert Spencer: GOP National Security Leaders ‘Intellectually Bankrupt’ to Attack Trump and Defend Clinton’s ‘Pitiable Record,’” by John Hayward, Breitbart, August 9, 2016:

Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch, author of the new book The Complete Infidel’s Guide to Iran, joined SiriusXM host Stephen K. Bannon on Breitbart News Daily to discuss the open letter from 50 Republican national security officials, who declared, “None of us will vote for Donald Trump.”

“It’s really astonishing when you think about Hillary Clinton’s sorry record as secretary of state, in Benghazi, and everything else. The world on fire, the creation of ISIS, all these things can be laid at the feet of Obama and Hillary Clinton,” said Spencer.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/08/robert-spencer-gop-national-security-leaders-intellectually-bankrupt-to-attack-trump-and-defend-clintons-pitiable-record
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:57:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Frank Cannon

I agree. You can slam Trump for being illiterate on foreign affairs, but Hitlary is a disaster as well.

Offline Bunny Watson

I agree. You can slam Trump for being illiterate on foreign affairs, but Hitlary is a disaster as well.

I had a friend of a friend tell me today on Facebook that, compared to Trump, Hillary was an "angel."  That's absurd. And of course, "Benghazi's nothing, we spent millions for nothing to show she did nothing wrong," and she "spins" but she doesn't lie. The Democrats voting for Hillary are as delusional as the Republicans voting for Trump.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

This was probably the single biggest reason I got off the fence and decided to support Trump in the general election despite despising the guy.   The anti-Hillary argument has been abandoned by many Republicans in favor of slamming Trump.  She was essentially getting a free pass because Republicans were complicit in making Trump the only item of interest in the news cycle, and there is no universe in which she does not deserve opposition.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The government is full of greedy, self-servering, grovelling little weasels, who can see nothing beyond their own personal bank accounts. They will sacrifice anything or anyone to maintain their own government (gravy train) wealth, including sacrificing their own country and morals. They don't care. To them, nothing is more important than the government gravy train.

It is beyond debate that each of these "50 Republicans" (yeah, right) are making huge six figure salaries that they could never ever qualify for working in the real actual economy like a normal person, and they know it. All of them are likely either already millionaires or are quickly approaching that stratum.

You be sure that they all live in mansions in gated communities. They all have parties on their boats on the weekend and golf three times a week. They all have maids and are leasing newest most expensive cars. They all go on paid week(s) long, first class, "training sessions" in places like Aruba, and the Virgin Islands. They all have the best medical, dental, and pension and retirement plans known to mankind. I know how the system works. And so do they. All of this is paid to them by the government at our expense.

Of course they hate Trump, as they hated Cruz. They hate anyone who is going to point to the mess that THEY THEMSELVES have made of the world. They hate anyone who may start evaluating whether or not these GENIUSES who got us in this global mess in the first place, are worth even one-tenth of what they are being paid.

It would be easy to say that what these 50 are doing is only political. But even that would overlook the real issue. What they are doing is purely MONETARY, not political. They are trying, like drowning rats, to save their own skin. They don't give a damn about anything else other than themselves and their money.

Forget about that neverTrump crap. These guys are full-on, dedicated, Hillary cheerleaders. They know that Hillary will keep the cash flowing to the same fools who have been running the government for decades. It is all about the money, and the government scum-sucking parasites are getting very worried.

The more the media and the government establishment comes out against Trump, the more the American people love him, warts and all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

I had a friend of a friend tell me today on Facebook that, compared to Trump, Hillary was an "angel."  That's absurd. And of course, "Benghazi's nothing, we spent millions for nothing to show she did nothing wrong," and she "spins" but she doesn't lie. The Democrats voting for Hillary are as delusional as the Republicans voting for Trump.

What a nice and delusional opinion.

Offline Bunny Watson

Offline Night Hides Not

Same here.  They are against him simply because they view him as anti-Bush, not because he's an insane idiot.  There's a difference in recognizing a looming disaster than petty revenge.

I will not be voting for Trump simply because I cannot in good conscience vote for someone that I believe to be mentally unstable.  Heck, I would vote for Jeb Bush at this point in the game, maybe even Grahamnesty.  I'd vote for ANYBODY but Trump or Hillary.  Good grief, I will probably be voting for the Johnson nutter that I don't believe is fit for the presidency simply because I don't trust Trump and his ill temperament.

This is the biggest mess of an election I have seen in my lifetime.

Mark Davis of 660 AM, The (Wrong) Answer, now one of the drivers of the Trump Train, offered a powerful argument against Trump just a couple of weeks ago. He said, "inside of Trump is a petulant 9 YO boy struggling to get out." One simply does not give the nuclear football to a petulant 9 YO boy.

I've been praying that Trump is able to exorcise that petulant boy, to no avail. Looks like I'm relegated to writing in Cruz, or voting for:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

rangerrebew

I said this before and I'll say it again.  I'm almost 69 and absolutely convinced if madam Clinton wins, I'll see the end of America as a bastion of freedom before I die.  With Trump, maybe not.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Robert Spencer: GOP National Security Leaders ‘Intellectually Bankrupt’ to Attack Trump and Defend Clinton’s ‘Pitiable Record’

That is exactly correct.   Their chance to complain about Trump was during the primary.   Now they are just lending aid and comfort to the enemy.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online dfwgator

And do they expect Trump voters to just come crawling back to the GOP should Trump lose in November?

Offline DiogenesLamp

The government is full of greedy, self-servering, grovelling little weasels, who can see nothing beyond their own personal bank accounts. They will sacrifice anything or anyone to maintain their own government (gravy train) wealth, including sacrificing their own country and morals. They don't care. To them, nothing is more important than the government gravy train.

It is beyond debate that each of these "50 Republicans" (yeah, right) are making huge six figure salaries that they could never ever qualify for working in the real actual economy like a normal person, and they know it. All of them are likely either already millionaires or are quickly approaching that stratum.

You be sure that they all live in mansions in gated communities. They all have parties on their boats on the weekend and golf three times a week. They all have maids and are leasing newest most expensive cars. They all go on paid week(s) long, first class, "training sessions" in places like Aruba, and the Virgin Islands. They all have the best medical, dental, and pension and retirement plans known to mankind. I know how the system works. And so do they. All of this is paid to them by the government at our expense.

Of course they hate Trump, as they hated Cruz. They hate anyone who is going to point to the mess that THEY THEMSELVES have made of the world. They hate anyone who may start evaluating whether or not these GENIUSES who got us in this global mess in the first place, are worth even one-tenth of what they are being paid.

It would be easy to say that what these 50 are doing is only political. But even that would overlook the real issue. What they are doing is purely MONETARY, not political. They are trying, like drowning rats, to save their own skin. They don't give a damn about anything else other than themselves and their money.

Forget about that neverTrump crap. These guys are full-on, dedicated, Hillary cheerleaders. They know that Hillary will keep the cash flowing to the same fools who have been running the government for decades. It is all about the money, and the government scum-sucking parasites are getting very worried.

The more the media and the government establishment comes out against Trump, the more the American people love him, warts and all.

Excellent.   That was simply Excellent.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Same here.  They are against him simply because they view him as anti-Bush, not because he's an insane idiot.  There's a difference in recognizing a looming disaster than petty revenge.

I will not be voting for Trump simply because I cannot in good conscience vote for someone that I believe to be mentally unstable.  Heck, I would vote for Jeb Bush at this point in the game, maybe even Grahamnesty.  I'd vote for ANYBODY but Trump or Hillary.  Good grief, I will probably be voting for the Johnson nutter that I don't believe is fit for the presidency simply because I don't trust Trump and his ill temperament.

This is the biggest mess of an election I have seen in my lifetime.

It has the most ridiculously childish republican voters I have ever seen in my lifetime.   Firstly  the ones that picked Trump over Cruz,    and Secondly the ones who pick Hillary over Trump. 
Little whiny tantrum throwing children. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

This was probably the single biggest reason I got off the fence and decided to support Trump in the general election despite despising the guy.   The anti-Hillary argument has been abandoned by many Republicans in favor of slamming Trump.  She was essentially getting a free pass because Republicans were complicit in making Trump the only item of interest in the news cycle, and there is no universe in which she does not deserve opposition.

She is worse by orders of magnitude.   Anyone who has kept up with her behavior since 1992 and her history in general,   realizes this is a psychotic hate-witch who will launch a full scale federal attack on all members of the political opposition the moment she gets into a position of power.   (Look up "file gate." ) 

She is a Lois Lerner on steroids.   She *HATES*  us,  and she wants to see us thrown in prisons.    She is a true believer ideologue,  combined with the mindset of a corrupt Chicagoan.  (She is from Chicago.  Her Brothers are also corrupt.)   

People who think a presidency for her is a potentially acceptable outcome, are fools.   She is the most dangerous possible choice  other than Nazi Pelosi. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Clearly, experts on terrorism like Spencer see Trump as the best choice.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Should Trump not be elected and the US gets hit with a severe terror attack, they can assume their responsibility, Europe already knows this.

Offline sinkspur

And do they expect Trump voters to just come crawling back to the GOP should Trump lose in November?

As a #NeverTrump, I expect Trump supporters to blame everyone and everything but themselves for the loss.   And, frankly, who the hell cares what they do?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Should Trump not be elected and the US gets hit with a severe terror attack, they can assume their responsibility, Europe already knows this.

Don't be silly.  Trump has proposed nothing that would stop a terrorist attack.  Nothing.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
There ARE clearcut differences. Hillary states her desire to increase refugees fivefold, while Trump wants to slam the brakes on the invasion.

The difference is obvious to all but the delusional.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

Which is worse...

Gun running or abandoning our allies?
Selling favors or a trade war with our two largest trading partners?

Just sayin'...