Author Topic: Firefighters search for multiple missing people after huge explosion rips through an apartment building in suburb of DC  (Read 857 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Firefighters search for multiple missing people after huge explosion rips through an apartment building in suburb of DC

At least 30 people injured in a Maryland suburb of Washington
    Injuries include severe burns and fractures from jumping from windows
    Fire service received calls just before midnight on Wednesday
    Three firefighters injured while tackling the blaze
    Locals said they heard a loud 'boom' and some felt their house shake
    Resident said they had 'smelled gas' near the buildings 'for weeks'

Firefighters are searching for at least seven missing people after a large explosion ripped through an apartment building in a Maryland suburb of Washington.

At least 30 people, including three firefighters, have been injured. Residents are reported to have suffered burns from the blaze and fractures from jumping out of windows.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service say first responders were dispatched to the scene in Silver Spring just before midnight on Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3734314/Multiple-people-injured-huge-explosion-rips-apartment-building-suburb-DC.html#ixzz4H1gQUBBN

No one reported killed but 7 missing and the pictures show, this was a bad explosion. Gas was smelled prior for weeks so that may well be what we are looking at.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Smelled gas for weeks and nobody did anything.   Must be govt workers living there.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Smelled gas for weeks and nobody did anything.   Must be govt workers living there.

Another local told NBC Washington he had smelled gas in the area 'for weeks'.

'I've been smelling gas for weeks. I called 911, they came and told us it smelled like incense,' Adrian Boya told the network.

'That's pretty sad. It's like they didn't take us seriously.'

It would be interesting to know if true and if there is still a recording of that 9-11 call. And who came out? The fire department or the gas utility or both? 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline r9etb

Wow.... around here, and probably most places, "I smell gas" brings the utilities guys running.

You have to wonder about the reasons why it didn't do so there.  Incompetence, bureaucracy, fear of the neighborhood, lots of other gas leaks...?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
FYI....this area where the explosion took place is the #1 Sanctuary zipcode in the Washington/Maryland/Virginia Region.

I would bet a thousand dollars that not one of the injured or missing are of any origin but Hispanic/Central American.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Not sure about this article, we all can judge for ourselves.
BREAKING: Early morning explosion in DC allegedly leaves YET ANOTHER DNC staffer dead

http://christiantimesnewspaper.com/breaking-early-morning-explosion-in-dc-leaves-yet-another-dnc-staffer-dead/

I don't think the article presents one piece of evidence except "rumor has it".

Wingnut

HonestJohn

This was in Silver Springs, MD... and it took place around 8-9:00 AM, not midnight like the article states.

There were 2 dead and 54 sent to the hospital.

FWIW, Silver Springs is not a bad part of the DC suburbs.

Offline goodwithagun

Wow. My husband is a professional firefighter, just left for his shift actually. They respond immediately when gas is smelled. There's something odd here. We might get more info as the day unfolds.
I stand with Roosgirl.