Author Topic: Trump: Leave transgender issue to states  (Read 257 times)

Offline unknown

Trump: Leave transgender issue to states
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »

Trump: Leave transgender issue to states

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/279843-trump-leave-transgender-issue-to-states

May 13, 2016
By Jesse Byrnes

Donald Trump on Friday declined to criticize the Obama administration's directive to public schools that transgender people be allowed to use the restrooms that match their gender identity.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee said he's always felt it should be left to states to decide on the issue, amid continued debate and legal battle over a law in North Carolina.

"I believe it should be states' rights and I think the states should make the decision, they're more capable of making the decision," Trump said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Asked directly if he was against the administration's directive, Trump responded, "I just think it should be states' rights. I think many things actually should be states' rights, but this is a perfect example of it."

Trump echoed that sentiment on NBC's "Today" show when asked if he agreed with the directive, as well as on "Fox and Friends" after a co-host mentioned that schools that don't comply with the guidance could lose federal funding and face lawsuits, according to a letter issued to public schools across the country Friday.

"I think this should be a states' issue. It's become a huge story and yet it affects — and everybody has to be protected, if it's one person — but it's a tiny, tiny portion of the population, and it's become a massive story," Trump said. "I think there should be a states' issue."

{..snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Trump: Leave transgender issue to states
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 07:19:25 pm »

"I believe it should be states' rights and I think the states should make the decision, they're more capable of making the decision," Trump said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Asked directly if he was against the administration's directive, Trump responded, "I just think it should be states' rights. I think many things actually should be states' rights, but this is a perfect example of it."

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)