Author Topic: BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTESTER RUN OVER WHILE BLOCKING TRAFFIC [Play Stupid Games...]  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.conservativeoutfitters.com/blogs/news/watch-gunshots-after-black-lives-matter-protester-hit-by-car-video

Gunfire erupted during a Black Lives Matter protest in Ferguson, Missouri after one of the protesters was run over. The entire incident was captured on video. Warning, the footage is graphic, viewer discretion is advised.

Protesters were blocking a street to demonstrate on the two year anniversary of Michael Brown's death. In the video a car can be seen hitting one of the protesters in the street. At least one person in the crowd starts firing multiple shots as the car drives off.

Ferguson spokesman Jeff Small made it clear the driver did not intentionally hit the Black Lives Matter activist saying:

"By all accounts, her version of what happened seems to fit the version of what happened to a person driving down a busy West Florissant Avenue and not seeing a person standing there."

http://youtu.be/nfzsMDl1GNY
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
"THOSE COPS ARE JUST SITTING OVER THERE!"

Irony.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline kjam22

Cars are big and heavy,  and they go 40 or 50 miles per hour.   They will hurt or kill you if you get hit by them.   Don't play in the street.   
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

geronl

Cars are big and heavy,  and they go 40 or 50 miles per hour.   They will hurt or kill you if you get hit by them.   Don't play in the street.

:amen:

Wingnut

That was a cool Instructional video on how to get hit by a car.  Stand/walk in the middle of a lane of traffic on a busy street at night wearing dark colored clothing.

geronl

That was a cool Instructional video on how to get hit by a car.  Stand/walk in the middle of a lane of traffic on a busy street at night wearing dark colored clothing.

The new BLM Training Video!

Offline bolobaby

I yell at my kids to watch out when near the street.

Apparently, someone's papa didn't do that for them.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

I yell at my kids to watch out when near the street.

Apparently, someone's papa didn't do that for them.

Papa was a rolling stone.  And his son thought he'd try it too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No matter what you think about what they are doing or why they are doing it, pedestrians always have the right of way. It doesn't matter if it is BLM, the Tea Party, or Hillary, someone walking across the street, for whatever reason, be it protest or transport, is not a 'target'.

Offline bolobaby

No matter what you think about what they are doing or why they are doing it, pedestrians always have the right of way. It doesn't matter if it is BLM, the Tea Party, or Hillary, someone walking across the street, for whatever reason, be it protest or transport, is not a 'target'.

Agreed, but there is also a saying, "Accidents happen," which is why you should not stupidly stand in the street.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Was he in a cross walk?   Was he crossing with the light?

Then no he does not have the right of way.

Nor does he have the right to obstruct traffic.

But look he can FLYYYYYYYYYY.  His landings need work tho
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline thackney

pedestrians always have the right of way.

Nope.  It is why we have crosswalks.  It is why Jaywalking is a crime and drivers are not cited when pedestrians are at fault for the accident.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/pedestrian-crossing-50-state-summary.aspx

someone walking across the street, for whatever reason, be it protest or transport, is not a 'target'.

Agreed.  But that requires proving intent.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

Note that "right-of-way" is not something one "has"...it's yielded

And motor vehicles do not always yield right-of-way to pedestrians.

See http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/30000003901.html
Missouri Revised Statutes
 Chapter 300  Model Traffic Ordinance

Section 300.390.
1. Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway.

. . .

Also, note the provisions of Section 300.395 here: http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/30000003951.html

I can't watch the video from where I am now, so I don't know the specifics.  I just wanted to clear up some things on yielding right-of-way.  Also, note that I am not a lawyer and nothing I post should be considered legal advice.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Hope the car is ok.

Offline goodwithagun

No vehicle needs that much horsepower! Who's with me for standing up to Big Auto and demanding commonsense speed control? If it saves just one life it will be worth it.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

@AbaraXas

I can't get the video to run at the moment, however....

I'm not going to become the NEXT Reginald Denny.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I notice a number of dogs alongside the protesters.  Seems strange.   Also, there is sure a lot of cussing and just plain profanity used.  Indicative of who they are, I guess.

Darwin was right once again as an idiot was out at night in the street thinking he had the rights to stop a car moving legally in the road.

The car thought otherwise, and his potential progeny will never be caught in the same situation.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@AbaraXas

I can't get the video to run at the moment, however....

I'm not going to become the NEXT Reginald Denny.

They were also armed and chose to shoot at the lady driving the car.   I wouldn't stop either.  Especially if I didnt see the people on a very busy street at night wearing dark clothes.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They were also armed and chose to shoot at the lady driving the car.   I wouldn't stop either.  Especially if I didnt see the people on a very busy street at night wearing dark clothes.

Whoever did that shooting needs to be identified and thrown in jail.  That is likely the only criminal act that occurred, other than an idiot who violated the safety of a driver by standing in a driving lane.

BTW, the title is misleading.  The protester did not block traffic.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
pedestrians always have the right of way

Nope. 

This particular pedestrian was either "jaywalking" or "obstructing traffic" and in violation of the law, and thus did not have the right of way.

Now, you can't hit them ON PURPOSE, that's assault -- probably assault with a deadly weapon.  But if you hit them BY ACCIDENT, too bad for the pedestrian.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline skeeter

Not from want of trying.

A textbook example of block traffic fail.

Offline thackney

While I don't want to laugh at the injuries of the mentally challenged, your comment is entertaining.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Wingnut

So....He was forming a human chicane then?

Offline Mom MD

Nope. 

This particular pedestrian was either "jaywalking" or "obstructing traffic" and in violation of the law, and thus did not have the right of way.

Now, you can't hit them ON PURPOSE, that's assault -- probably assault with a deadly weapon.  But if you hit them BY ACCIDENT, too bad for the pedestrian.

If I were driving through a questionable neighborhood after dark, I would not stop for someone trying to block the road.  I would not intentionally hit them, but I would procede slowly and deliberately without stopping either.  I have friends that have been assaulted after stopping for someone blocking the road late at night.
God is still in control

geronl

No matter what you think about what they are doing or why they are doing it, pedestrians always have the right of way.

Not on the freeway