Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice's Wife Ginni Thomas Attacks Ted Cruz: I Thought He Cared For This Country  (Read 28047 times)

Offline wolfcreek

If you had half a brain you'd realize I'm not posting for your benefit, but as a means of reaching out to lurkers so they can see an alternative view to the deranged Trump hatred spewed by you and your fellow closeted Hillary supporters.  Every time you make an ad hominem attack without addressing my argument, you show the general weakness of your cause.  In doing so, perhaps someone will walk away from the thread better equipped to make an informed choice about their vote and the future of the Republic (such as it is).

So, I could ignore you, but responding to you is so much more effective in the long run.  Please do keep up the good work!

It's the same as not voting for Trump. It makes them 'feel' superior.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
. ust as the #NeverTrump/#ProHillary crowd on this site works day and night to discredit the only candidate standing in the way of eight more years of Clinton.

You miss the point.  We ALL oppose Clinton.   It's just that Clinton is, at this point, the only candidate standing in the way of four years of Trump.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Rivergirl

Thank you Jazzhead.  You put it so succinctly.  How sad for us that Killary is all that will save us from the madman.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I suggest that both Gov Bean Counter and Liberty Tree Dr use the ignore feature..it works wonders.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

You are on ignore and it is my choice to pop in and comment. Back on ignore for you.

Oh goody. Another 'former cruz supporter' fm from the site not to be mentioned here to spread trumpshmutz.

Offline wolfcreek

I suggest that both Gov Bean Counter and Liberty Tree Dr use the ignore feature..it works wonders.

I works wonders for those who choose to hide behind it and make snide remarks on other 'indirect' posts.

Posters need to man up!

Offline skeeter

I works wonders for those who choose to hide behind it and make snide remarks on other 'indirect' posts.

Posters need to man up!

It appears you did not think this post through all the way.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I can answer that.  As a former Cruz supporter (TX Senate, 2016 Primary), I am massively disappointed that this preening twit didn't man up and choose the right option (there were two) regarding the convention - 1) take the stage and honor your pledge to support the nominee or 2) stay home.  What he did was come into someone's party and make an a$$ of himself. 

And his "vote your conscience" bit was a weasel message, an anti-endorsement in effect.  It just gave a troubling insight into his TRUE character, which piles up on other troubling things exposed in the campaign (the Beck-related association is prime example). 

So in the end, we knew what we were getting if Trump won the nomination (FYI - I was banned from FR as an anti-Trump guy), but we've had our illusions shattered by Cruz in the aftermath of his defeat.  Just as the #NeverTrump/#ProHillary crowd on this site works day and night to discredit the only candidate standing in the way of eight more years of Clinton, I am personally going to take the opportunity to help make sure Cruz gets primaried in 2018.

Sounds like you had some illusions that needed to be shattered.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Never heard of or from Clarence Thomas' wife before, and the first thing is attacking Cruz.  Very strange.

Wish this biddy would have the same energy to help put a collar on this insane candidate's mouth.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

You miss the point.  We ALL oppose Clinton.   It's just that Clinton is, at this point, the only candidate standing in the way of four years of Trump.

So long as Trump continues to display the petulance of a 9 YO boy, IMO he would be more dangerous in the Oval Office than Hillary Clinton.

Petulant 9 YO boys must never be handed the codes to the nuclear football.

I am not voting for any of the listed candidates.

Hillary? Too many reasons to vote against her. Was never a consideration.
Johnson? Complete disregard for social issues. One cannot be fiscally conservative and socially liberal...two competing agendas.
Stein? Green Party, are you kidding me?
McMullin? Never had my vote, won't get it, not with Rick Wilson on his team.

AFAIK, Texas allows write in votes, so I'll be writing in Ted Cruz. If I'm wrong, then I'm voting for...

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Never heard of or from Clarence Thomas' wife before, and the first thing is attacking Cruz.  Very strange.

Wish this biddy would have the same energy to help put a collar on this insane candidate's mouth.

This woman has carved out a lucrative career as the spouse of Clarence Thomas. My wife is jealous, financially speaking.  lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Seems to me that this is a demand that Ted Cruz go along to get along with the go along to get along establishment system that he (and Trump) have claimed to be fighting against.

Does he need to endorse Paul Ryan, John McCain and Kelly Ayotte? Would he be attacked as part of the establishment if he did endorse these people.

And since we're making demands that people betray their principles and fall in line, how about David Duke. Where are all of his endorsements? Does Ginny Thomas make the same demands of others on that candidacy?

Wingnut

Could you send one to Donald Trump. Now there is a guy who would be best served by it.

Offline Cripplecreek

Could you send one to Donald Trump. Now there is a guy who would be best served by it.

I don't use an ignore button. I'd rather bulk up my self control.

So hear us now and listen to us later.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I don't use an ignore button. I'd rather bulk up my self control.

Hear, hear!

Offline SirLinksALot

Who was Cruz implying we should vote for at the top of the ticket?

He exhorted people to vote for the one who would be for freedom and the constitution.

It better be Trump. If not, then why the heck are Republicans supporting him? What does that tell us about the plurality of Republicans and the party itself?

Second question - who do you think Cruz is voting for at the top of the ticket?

IMHO, I believe he would leave the top of the ticket blank. But I could be wrong.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:25:28 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Cripplecreek

He was basically saying that we should all make our own choices.

I know that when he was asked about why he wasn't endorsing Trump he said that people are going to make their own choice no matter what he says. He's correct in that.

Offline SirLinksALot

I can answer that.  As a former Cruz supporter (TX Senate, 2016 Primary), I am massively disappointed that this preening twit didn't man up and choose the right option (there were two) regarding the convention - 1) take the stage and honor your pledge to support the nominee

A pledge to vote for someone is and should NEVER BE UNCONDITIONAL.

Suppose one pledges to support candidate X in the general and then later, this same candidate was discovered to have murdered someone ( as Trump like to say when he joked about shooting someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and still not losing support ), are you still duty bound to honor your pledge?

Trump showed his character when he slandered Ted Cruz's family and repeatedly implied that his father was party to the assassination of JFK ( he repeated it even after the GOP convention ). I wonder how you can endorse someone who did this to you and NEVER apologized or withdrew the slander.

or 2) stay home.  What he did was come into someone's party and make an a$$ of himself. 

Ted Cruz was asked to speak at the RNC convention and the text of his speech was GIVEN to the RNC and read by Trump and his team in advance. He also told them before the speech that they would be no outward endorsement.

He came because he was invited, not because he crashed the party.

The fact that he came and congratulated Trump in his speech is already a sign of his graciousness despite Trump's personal attacks against his wife and father.

And his "vote your conscience" bit was a weasel message, an anti-endorsement in effect.  It just gave a troubling insight into his TRUE character, which piles up on other troubling things exposed in the campaign (the Beck-related association is prime example). 

Nope, it was an exhortation to the party to vote for the person who would fight for freedom, conservatism and the constitution.

Let me ask you this -- WHAT's WRONG WITH THAT?

Should that not be an occasion for the Republicans to AFFIRM the message?

Now, if Trump is really for  freedom, conservatism and the constitution, I wonder why they booed Ted Cruz? Unless of course, deep in their hearts they know that their candidate is NOT for these things....

The boo's instead of applause tells me a lot of what the Republican party has become -- essentially Democrats lite.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:38:23 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If you had half a brain you'd realize I'm not posting for your benefit, but as a means of reaching out to lurkers so they can see an alternative view to the deranged Trump hatred spewed by you and your fellow closeted Hillary supporters.  Every time you make an ad hominem attack without addressing my argument, you show the general weakness of your cause.  In doing so, perhaps someone will walk away from the thread better equipped to make an informed choice about their vote and the future of the Republic (such as it is).

So, I could ignore you, but responding to you is so much more effective in the long run.  Please do keep up the good work!

There are NO Hillary supporters here closet or otherwise! Get that through your thick head!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

It's the same as not voting for Trump. It makes them 'feel' superior.

Not voting for Trump does not make me feel "superior", it makes me feel clean.

geronl

Trumpets still want affirmation and a belly rub from Ted Cruz, because they know Trump is a complete phony. They know they are throwing their lot in with a devil and want to bring everyone else with them.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

Not voting for Trump does not make me feel "superior", it makes me feel clean.

I live with the assurance that no one can look back in my posting history anywhere and find myself claiming Trump is a lying liberal scumbag only to find me fawning all over him today.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This from a relatively non political friend on FB:

The Political Landscape is simply unbelievable in so many ways on both sides. One side (the Republicans) is truly hard to understand. I believe that many of the Political Leaders have simply abandoned what was supposed to be their principles to 'back their candidate'. Honesty, Trust, Integrity and Ethical Behavior is not a coat in the closet that you can put on when it is convenient. Standing up for your principles is something you do every day, and especially when it is difficult.
At this rate, on Tuesday night November 8th - around 7:05PM EDT (or shortly thereafter) - they will call the election. The Networks will be in a 'race' to see who can call it first. I am simply ashamed that the Republican Party continues to support and back the current candidate for President.

I'm going to go work in the shop on my Beads of Courage Bowl (finishing steps) and try and get completely away from the political nonsense going on.

I'll bet you there are millions more just like him out there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Who was Cruz implying we should vote for at the top of the ticket?

Second question - who do you think Cruz is voting for at the top of the ticket?

#NeverTrump = #ProHillary = #NationalSuicide
So you admit that a vote in favor of the Constitution and your personal conscience isn't a vote for Trump.
When are you Hillary supporters for Trump going to knock it off?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour