Author Topic: BREAKING: Hosts of Presidential Debates Advised to Prepare 3rd Podium  (Read 11988 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: BREAKING: Hosts of Presidential Debates Advised to Prepare 3rd Podium
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 04:50:08 pm »
Except, if you haven't noticed, Johnson hasn't been making a play for disgruntled Republicans, he has been going after disgruntled Democrats/Bernie Supporters.

Yup.

The Libertarians could do VERY well with a few changes.  But they keep shooting themselves in the foot every election.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 04:52:24 pm »
Exactly.

It is a positive development for Hillary, who is losing badly, and will lose the election badly. She needs another Ross Perot to help her get elected.

So many posting here don't care @unknown  They look to the future and see a shining light .... the return of Rafael Edward Cruz, Jr., Patron Saint of Losers. 

Cruz will be smarter, and brighter and taller than ever before.  He will rise from the rubble of the country formerly known as the United States of America and usher in the era of Dominionism and finally America will be the nation it was meant to be. 

Or, it may be so many posters here don't mind if Hillary's victory is helped by Johnson because they enjoy a craven tantrum--- and have lost their collective mind.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:08:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »
Hillary and BJ agree. Maybe they will hang Johnson's pic next to Ross Perot's.

Ah, you're just upset because your "Odyssey" argument to justify the Trump as the lesser of two evils, doesn't work if we add a choice for a "third evil" into the mix.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 04:56:53 pm »
So many posting here don't care @unknown  They look to the future and see a shining light .... the return of Rafael Edward Cruz, Jr., Patron Saint of Losers. 

Cruz will be smarter, and brighter and taller than ever before.  He will rise from the rubble of the country formerly known as the United States of America and usher in the era of Dominionism and finally America will be the nation it was meant to be. 

Or, it may be so many posters here don't mind if Hillary's victory is helped by Johnson because they enjoy a craven tantrum--- and have lost their collective minds.

Only people around here helping Hillary are the Trump cultists!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline r9etb

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 05:06:24 pm »
It is a positive development for Hillary, who is losing badly, and will lose the election badly.

I would love visit whatever universe in which that's actually true.

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 05:06:42 pm »

@Bigun  That mantra has been repeated so often around here that you actually think it makes sense.  It does not.  It never did.

Snap out of it!   

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 05:06:58 pm »
Exactly.

It is a positive development for Hillary, who is losing badly, and will lose the election badly. She needs another Ross Perot to help her get elected.
That's hilarious. I don't know what universe you're in where Trump is trouncing Clinton, but even the best-case scenario is a close race where the vast pool of "none of the aboves" stay home.

It is clear you and the other Trump caucus members have already formulated your scapegoat, as you always do when things don't go your way.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 05:07:33 pm »
@Bigun  That mantra has been repeated so often around here that you actually think it makes sense.  It does not.  It never did.

Snap out of it!
As if any of your hate-filled rantings do?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 05:08:28 pm »

Funny how no one even mentioned Cruz until the Trump zealots showed up.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 05:08:32 pm »

Snap out of it!

I think YOU should follow your own advice!  It's not me that is following the pied piper!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016, 05:09:20 pm »

Or, it may be so many posters here don't mind if Hillary's victory is helped by Johnson because they enjoy a craven tantrum--- and have lost their collective minds.
Good thing the light at the end of the tunnel is really the Trump Train on its way to make America the nation it was meant to be without all that creepy Bible stuff. Good luck, you are going to need it.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2016, 05:13:37 pm »
As if any of your hate-filled rantings do?

My statements are nothing like the rants of a juvenile group of bullies who insist on taking home their marbles--and mine--because they lost.  That's the whole reason for their hate:  they flat-out lost and will make everyone pay for it.

Wingnut

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 05:14:11 pm »
  cruz is the boogie man to a trumpanzee. Their Achilles heeel
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:16:12 pm by Wingnut »

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2016, 05:17:16 pm »
I think YOU should follow your own advice!  It's not me that is following the pied piper!

Yes, yes you are @Bigun.  You're drowning in a big bucket of group think.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2016, 05:20:10 pm »
Yes, yes you are @Bigun.  You're drowning in a big bucket of group think.

Once again, that would be YOU!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2016, 05:21:39 pm »
My statements are nothing like the rants of a juvenile group of bullies who insist on taking home their marbles--and mine--because they lost.  That's the whole reason for their hate:  they flat-out lost and will make everyone pay for it.

A Trump cultist calling anyone else juvenile is the height of hyperbole!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2016, 05:25:39 pm »

I do not think its possible to contrive a sentence I would disagree with more.

Because this is exactly what how I'd characterize Trump supporters come November.

We warned you he'd lose.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2016, 05:26:45 pm »

Let's see.
1. Discounting others opinions and beliefs as just 'rants'.
2. Calling people of whom you disagree, 'juvenile bullies'.
3. Purposefully misinterpreting their actions as 'taking home their marbles.. because they lost'.
4. Pretending you are a victim in the statement: '..taking home their marbles--and mine--because they lost....' even though they hold no sway over  your vote that you don't give them, they just have a different opinion.
5. Accusing those having a difference of opinion as just 'hate' instead of having educated, honest opinions that aren't just rooted in emotion.
6. Once again, pretending victimhood because someone has a different opinion and plans to take a different action than you agree with as: 'will make everyone pay for it.'

You are right, your statements are nothing like theirs.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:27:32 pm by AbaraXas »

Wingnut

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2016, 05:27:40 pm »
RIV. Don't you have some neighborhood children to chase out of  youryard with your broomstick....Or are you just gonna fly around on it?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2016, 05:47:20 pm »
It is beneath you, @don-o to equate my opinion about adding Johnson to the debate with being in agreement with the left.

I will be interested in seeing if your "odyssey" toward supporting Trump (which I read, and do not agree with) also brings your ethical standards down to a Trump level.

It has with most who make the choice to support a corrupt candidate. 

I hope you're not going there.....

I did not accuse anyone of anything. I observed that the last time there was a third podium, Bill and Hill were the beneficiaries. That is simple realy and a portent.

As to my ethical standards, come to the Odyssey thread and challenge them. Please. I could be wrong.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2016, 05:54:06 pm »
I did not accuse anyone of anything. I observed that the last time there was a third podium, Bill and Hill were the beneficiaries. That is simple realy and a portent.

As to my ethical standards, come to the Odyssey thread and challenge them. Please. I could be wrong.

You said that my opinion was shared by leftists.  It is not.  In any way, shape, or form.  And since I believe you know that, your reply to me was an accusation.

I read your Odyssey, and as I said, disagreed.  I am not interested in "challenging" what you have come to believe.  I am simply stating that my "reality" does not exclude character and morality, so I am not going to be convinced, regardless of your journey toward doing so, to vote for someone who violates every spiritual, moral and political principle I have.

Sorry, don-o.  I'm not malleable.  And I sense that you aren't (or at least haven't been) either.  Therefore, no matter what logic, reason and truth I post on your thread, you will not change your view.

Thus, I have left it alone.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2016, 05:56:50 pm »
I do not think its possible to contrive a sentence I would disagree with more.

That's because there's not a shred of truth in anything she said.  Trump lovers just don't get the conscience/character/principle part of the equation.   They assume we are as shallow and unprincipled as they are, and will never understand what we're talking about.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2016, 06:04:23 pm »
Hows about we all stop the bickering and get back on topic?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2016, 06:10:56 pm »
Yup.

The Libertarians could do VERY well with a few changes.  But they keep shooting themselves in the foot every election.

Sorta like Republicans?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2016, 06:13:20 pm »

I know!  It's bizarre, isn't it?