Author Topic: BREAKING: Hosts of Presidential Debates Advised to Prepare 3rd Podium  (Read 12056 times)

Offline unknown

Re: BREAKING: Hosts of Presidential Debates Advised to Prepare 3rd Podium
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2016, 12:31:11 am »
Why?  What did we do?

Do you really not think His judgement is not on us?

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2016, 12:35:42 am »
Why?  What did we do?
Well, we can start with the wholesale embrace of lust and envy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2016, 12:36:07 am »
Do you really not think His judgement is not on us?

What does that even mean?  And you didn't answer the question.  What did we do that would cause God to rain down some adversity on us?

Is that really the kind of God you believe in?  We do something bad, He does something bad? 

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2016, 12:37:10 am »
Well, we can start with the wholesale embrace of lust and envy.

There's always been lust and envy.  Always. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2016, 12:40:01 am »
There's always been lust and envy.  Always.
Not as bad as it is now. At least for a few centuries, anyway.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline unknown

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2016, 12:40:51 am »
What does that even mean?  And you didn't answer the question.  What did we do that would cause God to rain down some adversity on us?

Is that really the kind of God you believe in?  We do something bad, He does something bad?

Romans 1:
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

And yes, I believe this.

Our current infatuation with all sorts of perversion, homosexuality, tranny, LBGTQ, etc., is a judgment upon our country!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:42:54 am by unknown »

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2016, 12:43:32 am »
Well, as for me, I have a Karaoke gathering I have to get to with a bunch of friends and coworkers. Last time it was roll on the floor funny. Pot luck with tons of good food and treats.

Wishing all of you the best tonight and wish you were here.

I suspect that if we were all together singing Karaoke together, all of the negativity involved in this election would melt away, at least a little.

Oh well. After the election hopefully we can all be friends again. We'll see.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2016, 12:45:23 am »
Well, as for me, I have a Karaoke gathering I have to get to with a bunch of friends and coworkers. Last time it was roll on the floor funny. Pot luck with tons of good food and treats.

Wishing all of you the best tonight and wish you were here.

I suspect that if we were all together singing Karaoke together, all of the negativity involved in this election would melt away, at least a little.

Oh well. After the election hopefully we can all be friends again. We'll see.

Oh, honey, if I were singing karaoke all that would melt would be your ears.  Hopefully that would be all.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2016, 12:45:36 am »
Romans 1:
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

And yes, I believe this.

Our current infatuation with all sorts of perversion, homosexuality, tranny, LBGTQ, etc., is a judgment upon our country!

As it has always been.  But that's a discussion for another day.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2016, 12:45:53 am »
Demonization of skeptics and stigmatization of dissent have been staples of Progressive politics for a century now. To see such poisonous tactics wholly embraced by Trumpist Republicans ought to be disheartening, and even depressing to all who still aspire to the values Americans once largely shared, in spite of their differences.

Free people, those possessed of open minds and a thirst for knowledge may yet have and ought to have strong opinions. But they ought never engage in ad hominem attacks in lieu of rational argument. Let us leave such modes of false argumentation, including straw men, inversion of cause and effect, and false dichotomies to those who have no other intellectual recourse in support of their propositions but to insult, degrade and dishonestly accuse.

Thank you for that post, andy.    You remain one of the most intelligent, most thoughtful people on this forum, and I treasure your words, which I know you give carefully.

This experience has made me more circumspect than previously, and I will be less likely to set myself up for anything like it again.

Your point that it is a Progressive tactic, now commonly employed by Trump Republicans is worth repeating.   We are seeing leftism in spades with these "conservatives" and it's tempting to respond in like manner.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2016, 12:46:02 am »
60 MILLION murdered babies.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2016, 12:48:03 am »
@musiclady
I have RiV on permanent IGNORE because her ethics are significantly challenged ...

Me, too. Substance is not there, just tacky name calling.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2016, 12:48:29 am »
Oh, honey, if I were singing karaoke all that would melt would be your ears.  Hopefully that would be all.

Oh, don't sell yourself short, Sanguine!  I'll bet you do a stellar job on "Play that Funky Music, White Boy."    ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2016, 12:51:16 am »
Oh, don't sell yourself short, Sanguine!  I'll bet you do a stellar job on "Play that Funky Music, White Boy."    ^-^

Disco!  Bite your tongue!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2016, 12:51:30 am »
60 MILLION murdered babies.

That alone is cause for severe punishment.

We are paying a steep price for this collective sin.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2016, 12:52:55 am »
Disco!  Bite your tongue!

So not "I Will Survive" either??  :tongue2:

(I nail that one!)

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2016, 12:55:08 am »
Why?  What did we do?
@sinkspur

In short:  The country is now Sodom and Gomorrah and as in the days of Noah.  We are no longer a Christian country and the country is depraved.   

Online roamer_1

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2016, 12:56:11 am »
That alone is cause for severe punishment.
We are paying a steep price for this collective sin.

Justice has flown. It cannot be found until the most innocent among us receive it first.
It is nearly a mechanical result - A people who have so distorted justice in order to justify what is basically offering their children on the altar of moloch will inevitably destroy themselves.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2016, 01:02:30 am »
So not "I Will Survive" either??  :tongue2:

(I nail that one!)

LOL.  No, no Gloria Gaynor either.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2016, 01:05:23 am »
Justice has flown. It cannot be found until the most innocent among us receive it first.
It is nearly a mechanical result - A people who have so distorted justice in order to justify what is basically offering their children on the altar of moloch will inevitably destroy themselves.

The only way I can respond to that excellent post is to say, "AMEN!!"

Offline skeeter

« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2016, 01:08:15 am »

God is simply giving us what we say we want - a nation without His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2016, 01:12:18 am »
@sinkspur

In short:  The country is now Sodom and Gomorrah and as in the days of Noah.  We are no longer a Christian country and the country is depraved.

My mother used to say that 50 years ago. 

We're off topic so I'll bow out of this discussion.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2016, 01:13:04 am »
God is simply giving us what we say we want - a nation without His presence.

Oh, I don't know about that.  I talk to Him every day.  He's here.  He's always here. 

Offline unknown

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2016, 01:20:43 am »
As it has always been.  But that's a discussion for another day.

You brought it up. Then you don't want to discuss it?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2016, 01:24:12 am »
You brought it up. Then you don't want to discuss it?

I didn't bring it up.  But it's off topic anyway.