Author Topic: Michael McCaul urged to take on Ted Cruz, report says  (Read 1080 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Michael McCaul urged to take on Ted Cruz, report says
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:22:47 pm »
Michael McCaul urged to take on Ted Cruz, report says

U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Austin, is being urged to challenge Ted Cruz in the 2018 Republican primary for the U.S. Senate, CNN reported Monday.

The report said “GOP donors and Texas politicians” displeased with Cruz following his prime-time convention speech, in which he was booed for not endorsing Donald Trump, are working to unseat the freshman senator.

McCaul spokesman Walter Zaykowski said the six-term congressman is focused on his reelection campaign this year and his work as chairman of the Homeland Security Committee — but he did not rule out a Senate run.

Full Article: http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/report-austin-congressman-michael-mccaul-urged-to-/nsCPN/

Guy is strong in National Security, good to see politicians put the people over there own personal grudges.

Offline skeeter

Re: Michael McCaul urged to take on Ted Cruz, report says
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:26:50 pm »
Guy is strong in National Security, good to see politicians put the people over there own personal grudges.

Now you're just trolling.

Ignore.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 03:28:32 pm »
He is also a member of the 'green schools' caucus and has a big authoritarian bent. For example, he proposed a bill, along with Ted Poe, that would prevent military families from choosing what prayer is said at a deceased soldier's funeral. (ie, a family can't choose the prayer over their son or daughter, only the government can).
http://www.alternet.org/story/152143/texas_legislators_and_christian_groups_fight_to_insert_god_into_vets%27_funerals_--_against_families%27_wishes

He also proposed a bill to expand Homeland Security's reach to actively monitor, without warrant, social media sites. (H.R. 3696; 113th Congress)

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 03:29:09 pm »

Do you mean like Trump (and his cult's) grudge against Cruz for not bowing before him?

McCaul is my Congressman and I will actively work against him if he challenges Cruz. 

Even if he was considering a challenge, he wouldn't say anything before his November election is secured.  This is all a bunch of TRUMPED up BS and drives me further from possibly supporting Donald.

"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »
Now you're just trolling.

Ignore.

He's been doing that for quite a while.

(And he claims he was a Cruz supporter.  :silly: )
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 03:32:01 pm »
Do you mean like Trump (and his cult's) grudge against Cruz for not bowing before him?

McCaul is my Congressman and I will actively work against him if he challenges Cruz. 

Even if he was considering a challenge, he wouldn't say anything before his November election is secured.  This is all a bunch of TRUMPED up BS and drives me further from possibly supporting Donald.

You should ask him what he would do differently than Ted Cruz. The answer is sure to make up plenty of minds.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 03:54:14 pm »

His current rating at Conservative Review is an "F", 58%. He's a wealthy Pubbie from Austin.

Ted dispatched one of his brothers, David Dewhurst, first time around. McCaul may do well in Austin, but Ted will wipe him out in North and South Texas.

Ted is looking better every day, now that Trump is fading.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 01:33:01 am »
He's been doing that for quite a while.

(And he claims he was a Cruz supporter.  :silly: )

Right, the nutter is a loser.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass