Author Topic: Armed with junk science and old photos, critics question #HillarysHealth  (Read 19335 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Armed with junk science and old photos, critics question #HillarysHealth
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2016, 03:24:32 pm »
Disagreeing with their opinion isn't disrespectful. That's a Leftist concept.
No but lying about people and calling them Hillary supporters when they aren't is a leftist concept. It's the Trump keyboard warrior of yelling racist. If you just yell Hillary supporter are we are supposed to run like cockroaches or something?

Stop lying about people on this forum and saying they are supporting Hillary. Okay?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2016, 05:50:57 pm »
No but lying about people and calling them Hillary supporters when they aren't is a leftist concept. It's the Trump keyboard warrior of yelling racist. If you just yell Hillary supporter are we are supposed to run like cockroaches or something?

Stop lying about people on this forum and saying they are supporting Hillary. Okay?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2016, 07:28:49 pm »

Would you rather be called a useful idiot? Those folks down at the DNC would agree.

You keep saying we are on the same team [of which there are TWO]....start acting like it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2016, 10:12:57 pm »
Would you rather be called a useful idiot? Those folks down at the DNC would agree.

You keep saying we are on the same team [of which there are TWO]....start acting like it.
Wow. Do we get a choice? Why don't you whip out all your pejoratives and get it over with. Maybe we'd even find one we like. You don't even have to hide it from people who are ignoring you.

This isn't about "teams". This isn't a football game. It is about individual choices, in aggregate.
How about wrapping your pointy little head around this concept:

If Trump is elected, the GOP will shift left. It will be seen as validating the choices of a plurality to have the most questionable candidate run as a Republican for President ever, and those in the GOP hierarchy, in order to bolster their positions as 'kingmakers', will follow suit in the future.
Which means the last fifty years' efforts to get the GOP to be more conservative will have been destroyed in one fell swoop.

Better an honest enemy even the Congress will oppose (or be replaced) than a 'friend' with a knife in Conservatives' backs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Longmire

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2016, 12:54:03 am »
If Trump is elected, the GOP will shift left.

That's an interesting assumption, but wouldn't it also make it easier for conservatives to build their own unique brand? Why are you so wedded to remaining within the GOP construct, especially since they seem to have rejected your message?

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2016, 01:55:51 am »
That's an interesting assumption, but wouldn't it also make it easier for conservatives to build their own unique brand? Why are you so wedded to remaining within the GOP construct, especially since they seem to have rejected your message?

They've already moved left.  And they'll go even further,  because team Trump gas determined to get rid of the freedom caucus. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2016, 05:31:32 am »
First question: Sure, it will. It is an admonishment as much as a restatement of past error, once again. I would be remiss not to say so, but it still likely annoys those who will, once again, place their faith in voting for what they hope is a smaller dose of poison to the Republic rather than vote their conscience and, if America wants to OD on BS, let it.

Second question: I'm actually not clinging to the GOP. Oh, it's be nice if the whole party hierarchy had an epiphany and turned right, hard, and meant it, but I'm not holding my breath after repeated election cycles of promising Conservatives conservative action and those elected getting the brain wipe as they step under the Capitol Dome. It could save a lot of work to have an existing structure that size, but many of those who built that have opted out, dissatisfied with the direction those entrusted with steering the political direction of the Party have gone, not just in this, but in several election cycles.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, and there is a lot of shame, there.

I am all for building the Constitution Party into a viable force. Why? Well, because the Constitution is the core of the Party Platform, Original Intent and not howling religiosity Libertarians intent on competing for the same disaffected voters (to build their Party) will gladly tell you is all there is. Please check the Party Platform out (elsewhere on this site) and see for yourself, if you are so inclined.

IMHO, Now, that's a direction to go in, mainly because it is back to the fundamental genome of our government, without some of the myriad lethal mutations which have occurred since it went into effect.

Most of our problems, though, are from ignoring the Constitution, more than changing it. Amending what we have will only go so far with a government which will already ignore the seminal document.

As for religion, that Government, like the men who crafted it, has moral foundations, too, but there remain the fundamental and enshrined Rights therein to protect even the right of the individual to be free of religious constraint, while still constrained by law, and there are even limits on the law.

The unifying concept is that mankind has been given fundamental Rights by his Creator, and that no human government can legitimately usurp those Rights. One need not necessarily believe in a creator to understand the philosophical necessity of a higher authority, a fundamental and universal concept of right vs wrong. Otherwise, why bother to govern at all? Just dig in and defend your family and stuff from all comers. The structure of that government was laid out, the Duties of and Limitations on the Federal Government specified, and the remainder of the power was to be in the hands of the States and the People.

It is a Government of far, far less Federal governance. Fewer laws, smaller government at the Federal Level, more power concentrated at the State level or returned to the people, and in practice as well as print, honoring those unalienable Rights.

What's not to like?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2016, 09:03:26 am »
The damage that Hillary has already done to this country is significant; 4 dead Americans in Benghazi, arming Syrian rebels, Fast 'n Furious, Whitewater, the Clinton Foundation, etc. 

That's a Tuesday morning in Chicago.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:12 am »
I know you will only see this if someone else replies but, FUYBSB.
What does FUYBSB mean? Is that anything like LSMFT?

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2016, 12:10:27 pm »
Wow. Do we get a choice? Why don't you whip out all your pejoratives and get it over with. Maybe we'd even find one we like. You don't even have to hide it from people who are ignoring you.

This isn't about "teams". This isn't a football game. It is about individual choices, in aggregate.
How about wrapping your pointy little head around this concept:

If Trump is elected, the GOP will shift left. It will be seen as validating the choices of a plurality to have the most questionable candidate run as a Republican for President ever, and those in the GOP hierarchy, in order to bolster their positions as 'kingmakers', will follow suit in the future.
Which means the last fifty years' efforts to get the GOP to be more conservative will have been destroyed in one fell swoop.

Better an honest enemy even the Congress will oppose (or be replaced) than a 'friend' with a knife in Conservatives' backs.

Who the Hell is this 'honest' enemy? Hillary? Which Congress has been opposing the Left?

Sounds like a bunch of excuses. Hillary gets elected and achieves her agenda through EO, it won't matter who's in Congress.

If Trump is elected and he gets out of hand, he can be removed. Not an option with Hillary.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:11:35 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2016, 12:38:21 pm »
not howling religiosity Libertarians intent on competing for the same disaffected voters (to build their Party) will gladly tell you is all there is.

In theory, it's great.  I'd love to see a true Constitution-focused party succeed.

And howling religiosity isn't all there is.

But in practice, the Constitution party does inject religion a lot.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2016, 12:45:45 pm »
In theory, it's great.  I'd love to see a true Constitution-focused party succeed.

Its hard for a Constitution focused party to grow when our schools have not taught the Constitution for decades.  Quoting the Constitution marks you as a lunatic in this day and age.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2016, 01:12:37 pm »
Its hard for a Constitution focused party to grow when our schools have not taught the Constitution for decades.  Quoting the Constitution marks you as a lunatic in this day and age.

Yes,  but private school and homeschool enrollees have increased by enormous amounts here of late and there's a new generation that is being taught history properly.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2016, 01:23:37 pm »

If Trump is elected and he gets out of hand, he can be removed. Not an option with Hillary.
BY WHOM? The Democrats?  :silly: :silly: :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2016, 01:29:06 pm »

What do you consider "a lot"?
From the Declaration of Independence:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...
Consider that in that phrase is the justification for the entire model of government which we possess, that those Rights are God-given, inviolate, unalienable, and to be safeguarded by government, not taken or granted thereby, and the application of religion in a general way is justified.

Is there something there you find repugnant?

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2016, 01:32:18 pm »
Who the Hell is this 'honest' enemy? Hillary?
Yes. We know she is the enemy.  Trump has lied his way to where he is now, so I wouldn't exactly say "honest" fits him. If Congress won't oppose her (as they should have opposed Obama)--at least the Republicans, then they are the enemy of this Republic, too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:33:13 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2016, 03:39:57 pm »
Infrastructure and boots on the ground at the state level. In closed primary with an active Tea Party states trying to establish a group of conservatives that aren't participating in the Republican party will be nigh unto impossible. The other concern, and this is backed up by the amount of Trumpsplaining being spewed by folks who I always viewed as leaders in the conservative movement, is that the whole movement will shift left with the party. People who used to be hardcore conservatives are now going out of their way to promote liberal ideas like higher minimum wage, taxes, support of planned parenthood, and restrictions on the 2nd amendment. If we go through 8 years of this the core of not just the party but the conservative movement will probably shift left considerably.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2016, 04:19:22 pm »
BY WHOM? The Democrats?  :silly: :silly: :silly:
nope.... by this congress you're so proud of.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2016, 04:21:53 pm »
Yes. We know she is the enemy.  Trump has lied his way to where he is now, so I wouldn't exactly say "honest" fits him. If Congress won't oppose her (as they should have opposed Obama)--at least the Republicans, then they are the enemy of this Republic, too.

All for the sake of keeping Trump out? That is suicide.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:22:31 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2016, 05:10:11 pm »
Proud? Oh Hell no, half of them should be removed from office for nonfeasance. Most of the rest should be hanging from lampposts.

But I don't get to make that call. Allegedly, the GOPee would resist the Democrats maybe a little (although they have done little to reinforce that idea of late, with few exceptions). A lunatic Republican will likely get every thing they want, whether it is Left of Mao or not.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2016, 05:13:05 pm »

All for the sake of keeping Trump out? That is suicide.
If I had my druthers, neither one of them would get in. Neither one of them is going to do one damned thing to restore our Constitutional Republic. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Trump doesn't even know how many Articles there are in the Constitution, and Hillary is a crook. There is nothing I can do to change that. But I will vote for a candidate I can support or not at all. Hillary and Trump ain't it.

C S Lewis

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2016, 07:01:25 pm »
If I had my druthers, neither one of them would get in. Neither one of them is going to do one damned thing to restore our Constitutional Republic. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Trump doesn't even know how many Articles there are in the Constitution, and Hillary is a crook. There is nothing I can do to change that. But I will vote for a candidate I can support or not at all. Hillary and Trump ain't it.

As far as I can tell, there is no candidate for the presidency who meets the requirement some of you insist on.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2016, 07:03:45 pm »
As far as I can tell, there is no candidate for the presidency who meets the requirement some of you insist on.
Hold on just a cotton picking minute here. Is the problem that we are too picky or that we would put up with McCain and Jeb? Can't have it both ways.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2016, 07:15:31 pm »
Hold on just a cotton picking minute here. Is the problem that we are too picky or that we would put up with McCain and Jeb? Can't have it both ways.

Right now, being that the country is on the line, selfish would be a better term.

geronl

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2016, 07:54:51 pm »

Trump is the one endorsing this Congress, not me. Trump made McConnell King of the Convention and endorsed Ryan, McCain and the Queen of the Libs, Ayotte