Author Topic: College Takes Down Historical Paintings Because They Might Traumatize Students  (Read 479 times)

rangerrebew

College Takes Down Historical Paintings Because They Might Traumatize Students
Photo of Blake Neff
Blake Neff
Reporter
3:30 PM 08/07/2016

A public college in Wisconsin is moving two historic paintings out of the public eye after the school’s Diversity Leadership Team warned they could be psychologically devastating for American Indian students.

Since 1936, two large murals by Cal Peters portraying early Wisconsin history have dominated the common area of Harvey Hall at the University of Wisconsin-Stout (UW-Stout). One mural shows French fur traders and American Indians traveling down the Red Cedar River by canoe, while another portrays a wooden fort constructed by the French. Neither painting shows any violence at all.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/07/college-takes-down-historical-paintings-because-they-might-traumatize-students/#ixzz4Gjdy9DbE

rangerrebew

What these snowflakes need is a 12 EEE combat boot planted up their arses so they know what trauma really is. :tongue2:

Offline mountaineer

School chancellor Bob Meyer says some American Indian students have objected to what the paintings show.

“When they look at the art, to them it symbolizes an era of their history where land and possessions were taken away from them, and they feel bad when they look at them,” Meyer told Wisconsin Public Radio.
I feel a bit queasy myself - and more than a little traumatized - whenever I see the Kardashians and their extended family, including the former Bruce Jenner. Any chance they could be removed permanently from all mass media?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The students wouldn't be traumatized. Some professor is just projecting.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So much for leaving college as adults.