Author Topic: Trump pollster: 'There's a big hidden Trump vote'  (Read 2859 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump pollster: 'There's a big hidden Trump vote'
« on: August 08, 2016, 12:28:02 am »

By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 8/7/16 12:21 PM

They're not exactly the Nixon era "silent majority," but both Republican and Democratic pollsters claim that there is a secret vote for Donald Trump showing up in some polls.

The Trump campaign on Sunday stated flatly there is a "big hidden Trump vote" in the nation.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/secret-vote-for-trump-seen-by-gop-and-dem-pollsters/article/2598805#.V6dq5j4U2kU.twitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump pollster: 'There's a big hidden Trump vote'
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 12:32:34 am »
I think this is a realistic assessment. It is the pop culture vote- the people who obsess over Dancing with Honey Boo Boo's Idol Apprentice. I see them all over facebook. They don't know a thing about politics but they know what they see on reality shows. They buy knock off Louis Vuitton purses because they see Melania carrying one. They obsess over WWE and are quick to buy every branded merchandise of their favorite reality show.

This pop culture obsessed vote is something pollsters aren't used to working with. They usually don't vote or just go with whomever has the best slogans. They probably were, in large part, Obama voters because it was 'historic' or Kanye West told them to.

Now they have their new reality show they are dialing in to vote for their favorite contestant.

Offline plewis1250

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:32:58 am »
They better hope it's big enough to overcome those like myself whom find him to be utterly detestable as a candidate for President of the United States.

I will never vote for Donald Trump and I will never vote for Hillary Clinton.

I value my principles and will not sell out to such idiotic nonsense that this is a binary choice.

This is my choice, and Trump proves time and time again he is unqualified and frankly incapable of leading this nation.
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 12:34:33 am »
This is why we need to bring back asylums

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 12:36:39 am »
I think this is a realistic assessment. It is the pop culture vote- the people who obsess over Dancing with Honey Boo Boo's Idol Apprentice. I see them all over facebook. They don't know a thing about politics but they know what they see on reality shows. They buy knock off Louis Vuitton purses because they see Melania carrying one. They obsess over WWE and are quick to buy every branded merchandise of their favorite reality show.

This pop culture obsessed vote is something pollsters aren't used to working with. They usually don't vote or just go with whomever has the best slogans. They probably were, in large part, Obama voters because it was 'historic' or Kanye West told them to.

Now they have their new reality show they are dialing in to vote for their favorite contestant.

How many of them will actually take the time to go stand in line and vote in November?  It's fun to insta-vote on your phone and online, but actually voting in a real election means taking time away from your regular schedule to stand in line and then actually do the voting thing.  I doubt if a really significant number of those people will actually show up in November, if they even exist.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 12:42:47 am »
How many of them will actually take the time to go stand in line and vote in November?  It's fun to insta-vote on your phone and online, but actually voting in a real election means taking time away from your regular schedule to stand in line and then actually do the voting thing.  I doubt if a really significant number of those people will actually show up in November, if they even exist.

Good point. That will be up to the GOTV efforts by the candidates. This could actually hurt Trump as he has pulled up stakes in many States or failed to even properly staff them. He thinks he can do it all himself and is neglecting a lot of what it takes to be a candidate.

I really don't know how to predict this one. There is a lot of time between now and then. Part of me wouldn't even be surprised if those we see now as the candidates aren't on the ticket.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 12:43:36 am »
The pollsters may have a difficult time predicting turnout, but as it stands, they think she's ahead by ten million votes.  No way they're off that much.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 12:47:36 am »
Live here in NJ.  All weekend we heard nothing but disdain for both candidates but insistence that people who originally thought DT would be a good candidate are convinced he's demented.  They will not be voting for either DT or her heinous.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 12:54:56 am »
I have heard the theory bandied about that there are a lot of closet Trump supporters.
The theory is, if they voice their support, others question them, call them names, etc.
I get that. I am one who will ask them "why?".

Offline Longmire

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 01:08:40 am »
Professing to be against both candidates is a safe position for hidden Trump voters to take. Clinton supporters know how disliked their candidate is and will accept someone who says no to both her and Trump. It can make life in divided social settings much more tolerable.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 01:19:19 am »

:rolling:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 01:23:32 am »

888high58888

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 01:34:19 am »
Professing to be against both candidates is a safe position for hidden Trump voters to take. Clinton supporters know how disliked their candidate is and will accept someone who says no to both her and Trump. It can make life in divided social settings much more tolerable.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 01:46:17 am »

Yet some will still choose to gobble up the disgusting stuff.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 03:29:40 am »
Professing to be against both candidates is a safe position for hidden Trump voters to take.

safe from what? The easy and safe thing is to go with the party. I no longer have a party and at this point no candidate. I see no big difference between Trump and Hillary, they are both demented corrupt lying leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 03:39:01 am »
The Trump campaign on Sunday stated flatly there is a "big hidden Trump vote" in the nation.

I can just imagine where it's hiding....

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 03:42:33 am »

Would that make it the Trump Dump?

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 01:30:03 pm »
By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 8/7/16 12:21 PM

They're not exactly the Nixon era "silent majority," but both Republican and Democratic pollsters claim that there is a secret vote for Donald Trump showing up in some polls.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/secret-vote-for-trump-seen-by-gop-and-dem-pollsters/article/2598805#.V6dq5j4U2kU.twitter

No doubt, anyone voluntarily backing tRump are hiding their faces.

I plan on going to vote with an industrial nose clip securely on. The best thing about tRump, besides not "exactly" hitlery, is as another poster pointed out, "tRump will be the easiest and soonest to impeach".

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 01:50:20 pm »
Would that make it the Trump Dump?

It's a family tradition.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 02:08:08 pm »
...but they are all on double secret probation and can't talk about it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 02:17:34 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 02:20:25 pm »
They are doing a fantastic job of being hidden.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2016, 02:35:38 pm »

Nope. Those are all Democrats.

Trump voters may be hiding elsewhere.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 02:42:44 pm »
Oh, yeah - the same "silent majority" that was so pissed off about Obamacare that they were going to proper Romney to victory.

I don't think I'll hold my breath.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »
Nope. Those are all Democrats.

Trump voters may be hiding elsewhere.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington