Author Topic: Paul Ryan stares down a GOP revolt in his back yard  (Read 1046 times)

HAPPY2BME

Paul Ryan stares down a GOP revolt in his back yard
« on: August 07, 2016, 02:24:25 pm »
By Robert Costa August 6 at 12:53 PM

This is the bracing new reality for the speaker. Though he is expected to easily win on Aug. 9, Ryan and most Republican leaders find themselves caught in an incendiary populist vortex that is unrelenting in its animus toward seasoned elected officials, in particular those like Ryan who have encouraged bipartisan immigration reform.

Trump has inflamed the embers. The mogul coyly said in an interview with The Washington Post earlier this week that he was not yet ready to endorse Ryan, possible payback for the delayed and pro-forma endorsement Ryan gave earlier this year to Trump. Trump’s move was extraordinary — a presidential nominee refusing to back his party’s House speaker — and instantly jolted Nehlen from obscurity to the roiling edge of the Republican hurricane.

Trump’s wavering lasted until Friday night when, under intense pressure from party leaders, he relented and endorsed Ryan at a rally in Green Bay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/paul-ryan-stares-down-a-gop-revolt-in-his-back-yard/2016/08/06/fd2d12b0-5b24-11e6-9aee-8075993d73a2_story.html

HAPPY2BME

Re: Paul Ryan stares down a GOP revolt in his back yard
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 02:25:46 pm »
Ryan's biggest backers are Barack Obama, the Chamber of Commerce, and illegal aliens from Mexico.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »
I really hope Obama's budget-boy gets primaried before he gives Obama the TPP and all the Syrian refugees he wants.  Paul Nehlen, a Tea Party grass roots candidate, would be an asset in Congress to the Conservative cause, but I guess that is why the Uniparty wants him defeated.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 03:13:03 pm »
I really hope Obama's budget-boy gets primaried before he gives Obama the TPP and all the Syrian refugees he wants.  Paul Nehlen, a Tea Party grass roots candidate, would be an asset in Congress to the Conservative cause, but I guess that is why the Uniparty wants him defeated.

Nehlen is losing by 66 points in the latest poll.  Ryan is going to win and is going to be the Speaker of the House.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 03:17:19 pm »
Nehlen is losing by 66 points in the latest poll.  Ryan is going to win and is going to be the Speaker of the House.

Obama and the rest of the Dimocraps will be delighted. RINO Ryan can help assure that Obama gets his every wish and then some.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Variant

• Down with populism...
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 04:44:09 pm »
Trumpians and Drudgers really seem to hate Paul Ryan, but after reviewing where he stands on the issues I'm really not sure why.  He's for securing the borders, keeping control of education in the states and numerous other things we Conservatives see as fundamental, including promoting free trade.

It's nice to see the voters in Wisconsin ignoring the dishonest shouting of the populist/protectionist wing of the party.

Go Paul Ryan!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 06:02:20 pm »

Ryan lost all respect when he folded like a cheap tent during last budget negotiations.  I laugh ever time he calls himself a conservative.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 09:18:06 pm »
   If my US Representative was the Speaker, he/she would have to be pretty bad for me to consider throwing that power away, lots of bacon brought home similar to President LBJ/NASA in Clear Lake, TX.

Oh wait, one of my Senators is second/third in line in that corrupt mess and he's GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!!   (Cornyn)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.