Author Topic: Virginia’s Syrian Refugees Resettled In Poor Communities Hours Away From Wealthy DC Suburbs  (Read 565 times)

rangerrebew

Virginia’s Syrian Refugees Resettled In Poor Communities Hours Away From Wealthy DC Suburbs
Photo of Peter Hasson
Peter Hasson
Reporter, Associate Editor
1:46 AM 08/06/2016

According to data from the U.S. State Department’s Refugee Processing Center, almost all of the Syrian refugees resettled in Virginia since October have been placed in towns with lower incomes and higher poverty rates, hours away from the wealthy suburbs outside of Washington, D.C.
A U.S. Capitol police officer guards the perimeter in front of the U.S. Capitol Building after a shooting at the U.S. Capitol Visitors Center in Washington March 28, 2016. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts   A U.S. Capitol police officer guards the perimeter in front of the U.S. Capitol Building after a shooting at the U.S. Capitol Visitors Center in Washington March 28, 2016. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts

Of the 121 Syrian refugees placed in Virginia so far, 112 have been placed in communities at least 100 miles away from the nation’s capital; 105 were placed in cities where median incomes fall below the state average.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/06/virginias-syrian-refugees-resettled-in-poor-communities-hours-away-from-wealthy-dc-suburbs/#ixzz4Gdrzc5Vr

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:45:12 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Steve_Seattle

I sometimes wonder of the settlement of refugees - legal or otherwise - isn't being used to "seed" swing districts with likely Democratic voters. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Steve wrote:
"I sometimes wonder of the settlement of refugees - legal or otherwise - isn't being used to "seed" swing districts with likely Democratic voters."

Stop wonderin'.

Is it what it is.

rangerrebew

I thought the supreme soviet ruled that such wealthy suburbs were inherently racist and forced integration is called for, public housing and the whole works;  except where politicians and supreme soviet judges may live, I guess.