Author Topic: Sliming Trump - How the media smear machine markets minor benign details as the sinister deeds of an evil man.  (Read 2541 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sliming Trump - How the media smear machine markets minor benign details as the sinister deeds of an evil man.

Now that Donald Trump is safely ensconced as the official Republican nominee for president, the mainstream media is running an intense around-the-clock operation to deprive him of the relatively unfiltered media exposure he needs to seal the deal with the American people.

Trump being silly and playful in front of TV cameras or utilizing his sense of humor is cast as evidence of a disordered, antisocial mind. The media is focusing on minor benign details and marketing them as the evil deeds of an evil man.

Preventing Trump from communicating effectively with Americans didn’t work so well during the primaries. That was when student radicals, union thugs, Democrat allies in Black Lives Matter, and the remnants of Occupy Wall Street were disrupting Trump rallies and intimidating would-be rally attendees by beating the New Yorker’s supporters up in broad daylight.

This was always less an effort to counter Trump or challenge his policy platform, than a fascistic push to simply suppress his message. With Trump, the master communicator whose outreach skills arguably mirror President Obama’s, the message is everything.

Continued: http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/263751/sliming-trump-matthew-vadum

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The media giveth and the media taketh away.  I seem to recall many of us were warning about this when there was still a chance to reel Trump back and nominate someone within two standard deviations of the mean in terms of political sanity.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
These media driven stories are the worse I have ever seen and we still have 93 days to go.

I would also like to note that as informed voters and who follow politics we should all be wary of these *un-named sources* stories...we all know better than that and would laugh them off if it were someone else.

We seem more concerned about all these silly stories re Trump than the more serious articles detailing all the lies and crimes of The Clinton's.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Trump being silly and playful in front of TV cameras or utilizing his sense of humor is cast as evidence of a disordered, antisocial mind. The media is focusing on minor benign details and marketing them as the evil deeds of an evil man.

Let's see:

Mocking a handicapped reporter
Trashing John McCain because he was "captured"
"Blood running out of her wherever"
Disrespecting a Gold Star Family
Threatening to pull out of NATO
Implying an opponent's father was in on the JFK assassination
Dragging an opponent's wife through the mud

That's just Trump "being silly and playful." 

David Horowitz should know better than this.  His Trump-love has made him take leave of his senses.

In addition, nobody believes these silly defenses of Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

If it weren't for Trump himself, the media wouldn't have half the material they have.  If the trumpkins don't like the way he's being portrayed, they have nobody but Trump and themselves to blame.

Offline Axel

If it weren't for Trump himself, the media wouldn't have half the material they have.  If the trumpkins don't like the way he's being portrayed, they have nobody but Trump and themselves to blame.

There's plenty of material on Clinton for the media also, but it always takes the back burner to some asinine comment Trump made.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline sinkspur

There's plenty of material on Clinton for the media also, but it always takes the back burner to some asinine comment Trump made.

If Trump were quiet for three days, some of that Hillary stuff would make the front pages.  But, Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

No, Trump puts it front and center.  He is the one who makes it the focal point.  If he would STFU and start acting like an adult, he wouldn't get half the flak he gets now.

Offline Axel

No, Trump puts it front and center.  He is the one who makes it the focal point.  If he would STFU and start acting like an adult, he wouldn't get half the flak he gets now.

Okay, the media coverage hasn't been biased at all, you're right. Have a good day.
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Oceander

Okay, the media coverage hasn't been biased at all, you're right. Have a good day.

I never said it wasn't.  Romney is a good example for that. What I did say is that Trump is simply begging the media to come and do its worst to him.  He is providing them with the material they're using against him.  Have a nice delusion.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I never said it wasn't.  Romney is a good example for that. What I did say is that Trump is simply begging the media to come and do its worst to him.  He is providing them with the material they're using against him.  Have a nice delusion.

Would have been nice to nominate someone who knew how to handle the media.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjpmwJDx_0Q

Not only did he manhandle the moderators, he defended every other candidate against those moderators.

Offline unknown

The media is all over this for Hillary. It is much more obvious this election. The democrats are losing very badly and they know it. So much so that even Obama is having to step into the fray and run for Hillary. We will most definitely see more and more mass hysteria by the msm as we get closer to the election. The msm will try anything and everything to make anything ever so small seem like it is the end of Trump.

The dems will march out anyone that will cry and sob about how Trump made them stub their toe on that sidewalk that wasn't shovel ready, which then caused their child to keep from getting into college which caused their dog to have stress problems - and if only there was free doggy healthcare for all pets, then they wouldn't be out of job from trying to cover the doggy psychiatrist. Oh, and did I say Trumps kids kill animals?

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Then where the hell is it? It's almost impossible to find ANY news stories on Clinton.

Brietbart would have been running Hillary gaffes and screw ups 24/7 before they became Trumpbart and had to devote all their time and energy to spinning his foolishness.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

Then where the hell is it? It's almost impossible to find ANY news stories on Clinton.

Brietbart would have been running Hillary gaffes and screw ups 24/7 before they became Trumpbart and had to devote all their time and energy to spinning his foolishness.

Too busy promoting Trump because he won't do it himself.

Wingnut

If Trump were quiet for three days, some of that Hillary stuff would make the front pages.  But, Trump.

You can lead a fish to water but you can't make him drink.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

It might help if Trump would take the bullseye off his chest and the kick me sign off his butt.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Cripplecreek

It might help if Trump would take the bullseye off his chest and the kick me sign off his butt.

He does seem to be particularly adept at drawing fire to himself when it would be better directed at Clinton.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trump is so much worse that the media that this time around they don't even have to exaggerate.  In fact, they are understating his Orange hideousness, the Grand Duke of Slimers.

The media was worse on RR and they had a captive audience as viewers had zero alternative media sources. Trump and his monkeys are just sad.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

He does seem to be particularly adept at drawing fire to himself when it would be better directed at Clinton.

No kidding.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
These media driven stories are the worse I have ever seen and we still have 93 days to go.

I would also like to note that as informed voters and who follow politics we should all be wary of these *un-named sources* stories...we all know better than that and would laugh them off if it were someone else.

We seem more concerned about all these silly stories re Trump than the more serious articles detailing all the lies and crimes of The Clinton's.

Not to downplay them, but think back on the GWB election.  It was all lies and fake stories.  Absolutely awful.