Author Topic: Trump’s Ryan endorsement infuriates anti-establishment activists: ‘Sold us out’  (Read 1199 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Friday, August 5, 2016

Donald Trump on Friday endorsed House Speaker Paul D. Ryan, ending days of hesitation by the Republican presidential nominee to get behind the party’s most powerful elected leader.

“In our shared mission to make American great again, I support and endorse our speaker of the House, Paul Ryan. He’s a good man,” Mr. Trump said at a campaign rally in Mr. Ryan’s home state of Wisconsin.

The endorsement sent a clear message that the New York billionaire was ready to work with the Republican Party establishment that had opposed his candidacy for the start. However, it also infuriated grass-roots conservative who wanted Mr. Trump to help overthrow establishment figures such as Mr. Ryan, who are viewed as fake conservatives or RINOs, the derogatory acronym for those deemed to be Republicans in name only.

Mr. Trump had withheld his endorsement in Mr. Ryan’s primary race against an anti-establishment rival Paul Nehlen, who is a strong Trump supporter. Mr. Trump in recent days had said that he “wasn’t there yet” in backing Mr. Ryan, echoing the speaker’s earlier comments when he resisted endorsing Mr. Trump.

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/5/trump-endorses-ryan-irks-activists/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bolobaby

Only Cruz has the balls to stand up and say, "No."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline goatprairie

On one hand the Trumpsters call people who don't like their hero terrible names and wish bad things to happen to them for not supporting Trump. On the other hand they demand that the anti-Trump people support their hero because Hillary.
They frequently unload on Ryan and other Pubbies they hate for not supporting Trump. For Trumpsters, Ryan is the worst. Now what do they say? Their hero has made a deal with Ryan. I thought the Trumpsters loved The Donald and his dealmaking.
The people who are anti-Trump are that way for a reason. He is the worst Pubbie prez candidate ever.  The only thing going for him is that Hillary is an awful candidate as well.
What the pro-Trump people have to do is convince the anti-Trump that not only would Trump be better than Hillary. So far they haven't done a very good job ...and Trump, himself, has advanced that perception of him being unqualified with his dizzy statements and actions before and after the convention.
Many of the screwball positions Trump advances are directly contra standard conservative policy. Promising to build The Wall does not excuse his dimwitted positions on a host of other vital issues.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I've got news for the anti-establishment activists:  Trump sold you out a long, long time ago.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Vulcan

geronl

100% TRUE

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

If you're looking for an icon of conservatism, Ted is it.  If you're looking to win national elections, he isn't

Ted is never going to be the nominee if he essentially runs against the rest of the party.  That should be self-evident, but apparently not.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Out of NY no less.

How Donald Trump's bigotry is playing into Ted Cruz's hands (Commentary)

http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/08/trump_and_cruz.html