Author Topic: #NeverTrump’s favorite Gary Johnson endorses #BlackLivesMatter  (Read 833 times)

rangerrebew

August 5, 2016
#NeverTrump’s favorite Gary Johnson endorses #BlackLivesMatter
By Thomas Lifson

Despite his goofy appearance and fondness for recreational pot, Gary Johnson seemed like a safe vehicle for virtue signaling among Republicans and conservatives who can’t stomach Donald Trump. Just yesterday, for example, Jay Cost of the Weekly Standard announced he plans to vote for Johnson.

It appears Johnson sees a richer vein to mine among Bernie Sanders supporters than among conservatives.  Reponding to a question from a #BlackLivesMatter supporter, he offered support.  Ryan Girduski of RedAlertPolitics reports:

At the CNN Libertarian Party Town Hall on Wednesday, Johnson praised the efforts of Black Lives Matter and endorsed the organization.
    Speaking to a Black Lives Matter protestor and registered Democrat who was shot in the leg during a march, Johnson said, “What it has done for me is that my head has been in the sand on this,” Johnson said. “I think that we’ve all had our heads in the sand and lets wake up. Discrimination does exist, has existed, and for me personally, um, slap, slap, wake up.”
    Watch the exchange with a BLM supporter here:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/nevertrumps_favorite_alternative_gary_johnson_endorses_blacklivesmatter.html#ixzz4GSoJz7Lz
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: #NeverTrump’s favorite Gary Johnson endorses #BlackLivesMatter
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:39:03 pm »
I did hear about this. Well; a lot of folks won't like this decision.

Democratis, Johnson, endorse BLM, ho-hum.

Trump may parse his words wrong, the ugliest things are said.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 01:44:00 pm »
Lies like "Nevertrump's favorite" don't help Trump's case.

It only further solidifies my opposition.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 01:46:17 pm »
He didn't endorse AFAICT.