Author Topic: You Knew Damn Well Trump was a Snake Before You Let Him In  (Read 8161 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
You Knew Damn Well Trump was a Snake Before You Let Him In
« on: August 05, 2016, 03:02:46 am »
Donald Trump's campaign is flailing. The most recent polls showing Hillary Clinton with an embarrassing lead over Donald. In fact, he's polling so poorly with the black vote, a group he swore he could get 25% of, that in the most recent poll, literally only 1 black respondent supported Trump. One.....

http://www.redstate.com/aglanon/2016/08/04/you-knew-damn-well-trump-was-a-snake-before-you-let-him-in/

Online Hoodat

Re: You Knew Damn Well Trump was a Snake Before You Let Him In
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 03:06:51 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 03:11:02 am »
Quote from: Ben Howe
Donald Trump's campaign is flailing. The most recent polls showing Hillary Clinton with an embarrassing lead over Donald. In fact, he's polling so poorly with the black vote, a group he swore he could get 25% of, that in the most recent poll, literally only 1 black respondent supported Trump. One.....

It will be funny if Hillary Clinton gets a higher percentage of the black vote than did Obama.  I assume that black Conservatives are no different than white Conservatives when it comes to voting for Big Government liberals from New York.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 03:14:18 am »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 03:29:10 am »
literally only 1 black respondent supported Trump.

That one respondent was Jerome Dylan from Chicago and he says that the reason he got counted as a Trump supporter is because he sneezed his answer and was misheard.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 03:44:17 am »

That one respondent was Jerome Dylan from Chicago and he says that the reason he got counted as a Trump supporter is because he sneezed his answer and was misheard.

:happyhappy:

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 03:53:28 am »

Jerome's Black Disciples street cred took a hit.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 01:34:10 pm »
Yah. It's all fun and giggles until January 20. when the #nevertrumpmania results in HRC raising her bloody right hand and placing her bloody left hand on the Bible and opening her lying mouth to swear the oath.

Won't that be a hoot?!

@LonestarDream
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:42:01 pm by don-o »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 01:38:25 pm »

Well what about Diamond and Silk huh? They prove that Trump is making inroads with blacks.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 01:41:11 pm »
In fact, he's polling so poorly with the black vote, a group he swore he could get 25% of, that in the most recent poll, literally only 1 black respondent supported Trump. One.....

I guess when Trump said "Look at my African-American over there", he wasn't kidding.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 01:41:25 pm »
Yah. It's all fun and giggles until January 20. when the #nevertrumpmania results in HRC raising her bloody right hand and placing her bloody left hand on the Bible and opens her lying mouth to swear the oath.

Won't that be a hoot?!

@LonestarDream

#nevertrump as an identifiable organization is a stupid idea that will result in absolutely nothing good at all.

Trump will sink or swim based upon the kind of campaign he runs. #nevertrump is only setting itself up as a punching bag should Hillary win.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 01:42:10 pm »
Yah. It's all fun and giggles until January 20. when the #nevertrumpmania results in HRC raising her bloody right hand and placing her bloody left hand on the Bible and opens her lying mouth to swear the oath.

Won't that be a hoot?!

@LonestarDream

We told you this would happen.  A year ago.

Besides, if #NeverTrump had the kind of power some Trumpsters think it does, this charlatan would never have been nominated in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:43:36 pm by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 01:45:14 pm »
#nevertrump as an identifiable organization is a stupid idea that will result in absolutely nothing good at all.

Trump will sink or swim based upon the kind of campaign he runs. #nevertrump is only setting itself up as a punching bag should Hillary win.

#NeverTrump has no power to cause anything to happen.  And cowards who think it does are simply covering up their own stupidity at backing Trump in the first place.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 02:01:58 pm »

Besides, if #NeverTrump had the kind of power some Trumpsters think it does, this charlatan would never have been nominated in the first place.

William F Buckley told us this would happen 16 years ago, and predicted it almost to the letter. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430187/william-f-buckley-donald-trump-demagoguery-cigar-aficionado

It is up to Conservatives to stand up for limited Constitutional government that protects individual liberty, and to oppose liberal authortarianism, no matter what letter is on the jersey.  This isn't a college sports game where you have to root for your mascot only, hell or high water. This isn't a game at all.

If Trump is such a master deal maker and negotiator like he claims to be, it is up to him to win over Conservatives with his so-called amazing sales ability. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »
William F Buckley told us this would happen 16 years ago, and predicted it almost to the letter. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430187/william-f-buckley-donald-trump-demagoguery-cigar-aficionado

It is up to Conservatives to stand up for limited Constitutional government that protects individual liberty, and to oppose liberal authortarianism, no matter what letter is on the jersey.  This isn't a college sports game where you have to root for your mascot only, hell or high water. This isn't a game at all.

If Trump is such a master deal maker and negotiator like he claims to be, it is up to him to win over Conservatives with his so-called amazing sales ability.

goopo  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 02:08:34 pm »

You know what? I was saying the same thing. Then.

That "I told you so" seems to be a convenient excuse for hunkering down and paving the road for Her Heinousness. It quit working for  me on July 5.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 02:09:30 pm »
Yah. It's all fun and giggles until January 20. when the #nevertrumpmania results in HRC raising her bloody right hand and placing her bloody left hand on the Bible and opening her lying mouth to swear the oath.

Won't that be a hoot?!

@LonestarDream

Why do you think that people who knew and told the truth about who Trump was and is will be responsible for Hillary's victory?

Trump's opposition was screaming the truth about who he was and a plurality of Republican voters just ignored them, and nominated this corrupt leftist reprobate as a "Republican" nominee anyway.

The fault of Hillary's victory lies completely on Trump himself, and those who fell for his lies.

Not the rest of us who sounded the warning.

(This post of yours disappoints me greatly @don-o .  You are blaming the principled people for the faults of those who threw them away).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 02:10:32 pm »

That "I told you so" seems to be a convenient excuse for hunkering down and paving the road for Her Heinousness. It quit working for  me on July 5.

Well good for you.  Hillary is terrible but she's not nuts.

Trump is nuts.  Cannot vote for crazy.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 02:10:48 pm »

But the evil of Donald Trump didn't end on July 5th.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 02:31:12 pm »

Won't that be a hoot?!

@LonestarDream

The responsibility lies with Donald J. Trump, and no one else.

Don't blame it on NeverTrumpers.
Don't blame it on the media.
Don't blame it on Ted Cruz.

Trump broke it, he owns it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »
Why do you think that people who knew and told the truth about who Trump was and is will be responsible for Hillary's victory?

Trump's opposition was screaming the truth about who he was and a plurality of Republican voters just ignored them, and nominated this corrupt leftist reprobate as a "Republican" nominee anyway.

The fault of Hillary's victory lies completely on Trump himself, and those who fell for his lies.

Not the rest of us who sounded the warning.

(This post of yours disappoints me greatly @don-o .  You are blaming the principled people for the faults of those who threw them away).

Because we lost. And yes, I do mean we - people of principle. That is done. And I hate losing. I am not looking forward to losing again. HRC in WH is mega losing.

Have you read my piece that is still above the fold? Would very much welcome your thoughts on that thread.

Can you refute the mathematical fact that a not Trump vote is a boost to Hillary's margin?

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 02:35:42 pm »

Won't that be a hoot?!

@LonestarDream

The only thing scarier than a hitlery presidency is a trump presidency.
Former Republican.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 02:37:26 pm »
But the evil of Donald Trump didn't end on July 5th.

With respect, please consider this "evil" characterization in light of the better/worse and prudential judgment framework that I assert in my "Odyssey" essay.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 02:39:55 pm »
Because we lost. And yes, I do mean we - people of principle. That is done. And I hate losing. I am not looking forward to losing again. HRC in WH is mega losing.

Have you read my piece that is still above the fold? Would very much welcome your thoughts on that thread.

Can you refute the mathematical fact that a not Trump vote is a boost to Hillary's margin?

It is a mathematical likelihood that Trump will win Texas.  My vote won't matter one way or the other.  So I'm not voting for the top of the ticket.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 02:44:58 pm »
It is a mathematical likelihood that Trump will win Texas.  My vote won't matter one way or the other.  So I'm not voting for the top of the ticket.

What if you lived in Virginia?