Author Topic: Donald Trump's Campaign Website Won't Let You Cancel Recurring Donations  (Read 3283 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://mic.com/articles/150640/donald-trump-donations-how-to-stop-recurring-payments-credit-cards?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social#.G346gaoKG

by James Dennin
August 4, 2016

You used to love Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, but now you've had a change of heart — and want to cancel your recurring monthly donation to his campaign?

Too bad.

As the screenshots below demonstrate, there is no option on Trump's website to cancel monthly contributions or remove your credit card information: Once you've set up a donation, you may only switch from one valid credit card to another.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

Everything associated with Trump is a scam.  Literally EVERYTHING.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Fantom

LOL..why would you want to find out?

I am, however, very annoyed at all the spam/begging from trump/erick/melenoma in my e-mail...what moochers.

Now the e-mail asking for ten dollars for a date with Ivanka...... made me reply..."What do you Get for Ten Dollars?".    :whistle:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Did JimRob set up his fundraising site?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Welcome to the Hotel Mar-A-Lago

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

geronl

You'll have to call your bank or credit card company and have it removed or blocked, as with any other scam

geronl

Where the staff are all foreigners and Trump holds their passports in a safe.

Offline ABX

You'll have to call your bank or credit card company and have it removed or blocked, as with any other scam

If enough claim it a fraud, it could result in suspending credit card processing to the campaign.

geronl

If enough claim it a fraud, it could result in suspending credit card processing to the campaign.

It would be awesome. Then he'd try to collect cash at events.... what a sight that would be.

Silver Pines

I feel so sorry for the people who send their hard-earned money to a billionaire.

I should feel sorry for them, right?  Right?

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Donald Trump's Campaign Website Won't Let You Cancel Recurring Donations
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 04:08:07 am »
I can't even get them to stop sending me e-mails.   I never asked to be on the Trump email chain, but I am. Despite selecting opt-out on the bottom, they still are coming.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 04:42:06 am »

Priceless!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 04:56:03 am »
I can't even get them to stop sending me e-mails.   I never asked to be on the Trump email chain, but I am. Despite selecting opt-out on the bottom, they still are coming.

Me also.  I have no idea how they even got my email address.  The RNC doesn't have it. Makes me wonder if TOS sold an email list.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 05:00:58 am »

Thank you for calling Trump Prime Credit, my name Peggy.  What problem is Please?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 05:06:51 am »

geronl

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 05:14:21 am »
Thank you for calling Trump Prime Credit, my name Peggy.  What problem is Please?

Trump Settled for It Funding. After all, it was your money!

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 05:16:28 am »

Most email utilities allow you to create filters.  Create a filter that prevents incoming email from the New York liberal's domain. 

If you need help PM me.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 09:38:55 am »
It would be awesome. Then he'd try to collect cash at events.... what a sight that would be.

The Church of Trump DEMANDS a tithe, plus your first born.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 11:18:16 am »
https://mic.com/articles/150640/donald-trump-donations-how-to-stop-recurring-payments-credit-cards?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social#.G346gaoKG

by James Dennin
August 4, 2016

You used to love Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, but now you've had a change of heart — and want to cancel your recurring monthly donation to his campaign?

Too bad.

As the screenshots below demonstrate, there is no option on Trump's website to cancel monthly contributions or remove your credit card information: Once you've set up a donation, you may only switch from one valid credit card to another.

(excerpt)
Why is anyone surprised about this? Trump's whole life is dedicated to stealing money. It's who he is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 11:19:22 am »

@Cripplecreek

LOL! Good one!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 11:20:51 am »
The Church of Trump DEMANDS a tithe, plus your first born.

Can you imagine if they passed around the hat and someone didn't put something in. They would get dirtier looks than a Baptist mother in law catching you buying beer.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 11:23:24 am »
LOL! Good one!

More accurate.

You can check out any time you like but your checkbook can never leave.

Offline ABX

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 11:52:32 am »
Keep unsubscribing.  It is possible they got your name from more than one source.  After you do that, click the "Spam" box.  That way at minimum it will start going into your spam folder.

Better yet, if your email host has a spam button, keep clicking on that and enough will start flagging emails from the campaign as spam for everyone.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 12:22:22 pm »
Can you imagine if they passed around the hat and someone didn't put something in. They would get dirtier looks than a Baptist mother in law catching you buying beer.

LOL! No kidding.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 12:29:02 pm »

I'm experiencing the same thing.  I did however get some emails from his kids and his wife which I was able to unsubscribe from; perhaps they didn't like my e-mails signed #NeverTrump!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.