Author Topic: New Hampshire Primary Source: It’s been an interesting week for Kelly Ayotte  (Read 262 times)

Offline Blizzardnh

AYOTTE VS. TRUMP; AYOTTE VS NRSC. While Gov. Maggie Hassan is Sen. Kelly Ayotte’s chief opponent, this week the Republican incumbent found herself at odds with the presidential nominee of her party and the political organization whose job is to help her get re-elected.

Such is the strange election year that is 2016.

On Tuesday, Ayotte found herself in the esteemed company of her friend and mentor, Sen. John McCain, as well as U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, in being prominently criticized by Donald Trump.

Ayotte had weighed in to hit Trump for his criticism of Gold Star father Khizr Khan’s attack on him at last week’s Democratic National Convention.

While Ayotte used the Trump criticism to her advantage -- saying, “I call it like I see it” and reinforcing her contention that she is independent – she didn’t take the extra step of ending her support for the nominee.
excerpt.
http://www.wmur.com/politics/new-hampshire-primary-source-its-been-an-interesting-week-for-kelly-ayotte/41040644

Offline Blizzardnh

BTW I hope she loses the primary. RINO.