Author Topic: It’s Early August. There’s Time to Turn This Around, Right? Right?  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Dirt for sale

Re: It’s Early August. There’s Time to Turn This Around, Right? Right?
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 01:17:15 am »
Maybe this is all building up to a national purge of Trump supporters, once the queen of the damned is sworn in. I've seen (both sides) practice of tolerance and such purging would probably be considered a courageous salvo for diversity. Hillary will offer them a choice of Mexico or FEMA camp but Mexico won't take the gringos. At FEMA camp they'll make diversity bracelets and give blood to the "undocumented".

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 01:17:37 am »
It’s Early August. There’s Time to Turn This Around, Right? Right?

Wrong.  Wrong.

Wingnut

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 01:46:58 am »
He's not even running TV ads yet. His campaign is a farce.

Trump Target audience for his ads  moved.  Trump asked:  "How do you get to Sesame Street?"

Well, Donald, you can start by going to HBO.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 02:06:25 am »
Ted's fault.

The new Bush's fault.

And certain ones believe it.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 02:11:02 am »
The new Bush's fault.

Yes the do Hannity is one of them.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

geronl

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2016, 02:29:06 am »
Maybe this is all building up to a national purge of Trump supporters,

I have only seen the Trump Side talk about a purge they want to carry out.

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2016, 04:18:34 am »
I have only seen the Trump Side talk about a purge they want to carry out.
But both sides are of one coin and the seed has been planted in the communal plot. There were many purges in the last century which were more severe even than those at Free Repudiator, but the same worst elements of human nature are being nourished now.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 04:26:00 am »
Now things are turning against them and losing the Senate is becoming a possibility. What a mess.

Trump headache for Putin
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2016, 04:32:08 am »
Why is Trump still campaigning in Maine? Maine!!

It makes no sense.

Get with the program man. Maine is the linchpin to this whole damn election. We lose Bangor, Kittery and Bar Harbor, the country is lost.

23 electoral votes are at stake!!!!! 23!!!!!!

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2016, 09:18:29 am »
It might be the only one he gets.

Well, he might have a chance at picking up Battleground Idaho.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2016, 11:24:42 am »
Normal rules mean nothing to insane people.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:25:03 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2016, 11:27:36 am »
61% think Hillary is dishonest
62% think Trump is too

@geronl

Both are right,even if they are too restrained.

By definition that means that almost 40 percent of the people polled actually think that Orange Julius and Bubbette! are honest. These people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2016, 11:29:50 am »
Why is Trump still campaigning in Maine? Maine!!

It makes no sense.

It does once you accept the fact to be true that he was/will be paid by the Clinton's to run in order to destroy any Republican chance and insure her victory.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2016, 07:16:19 pm »
The new Bush's fault.

At the other site they're convinced the voting machines will be rigged. Because there's no way The Orange Toad could lose in a fair contest....according to those geniuses at TOS.

Oceander

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2016, 07:19:00 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2016, 07:36:37 pm »
At this point Trump's only realistic chance is to so damage Hillary Clinton that the thought of a President Hillary is even more unthinkable than a Trump presidency.  Interestingly, that's actually do-able, and well within Trump's skill set.  She's so corrupt and incompetent that the case could actually be made that she's not honest enough; and the incredible foreign policy trainwreck that can be laid directly at her feet makes the case that she's not only incompetent but truly dangerous to deal with the mess she's made worldwide.

This would require discipline on Trump's part, however -- staying on message, offering rational alternatives, limiting himself to "defensible attacks" on Clinton, and so on.

I don't think he can do it.  But even now it's possible.

I think you're right on all counts.

HonestJohn

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2016, 08:17:20 pm »
I think you're right on all counts.

Trump always takes the bait.  That's his personality.  He *MUST* attack anyone that besmirches him or his name.

Hillary knows this.  She also knows that if she gets in the mud with him, she'll look just as bad as he does.  She also knows many people who can act as surrogates.  Those surrogates will attack Trump and he *WILL* respond.

To which, she'll just look on and act like the more responsible person, condemning Trump for his pettiness.

Her campaign also knows that it's his attacks on ordinary people that hurt him the most, from the disabled reporter to the Khan family.  So she'll find more of the same to stand up and challenge Trump.  (She'll look for more minorities as well, for his responses will further alienate the group and push them into a Democrat vote.)

Who *WILL* respond.  And so will his supporters.  Which will then further help her...

...and alienate the GOP to everyone but white males.

Wingnut

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 08:25:39 pm »
Trump always takes the bait.  That's his personality.  He *MUST* attack anyone that besmirches him or his name.

Hillary knows this.  She also knows that if she gets in the mud with him, she'll look just as bad as he does.  She also knows many people who can act as surrogates.  Those surrogates will attack Trump and he *WILL* respond.

To which, she'll just look on and act like the more responsible person, condemning Trump for his pettiness.

Her campaign also knows that it's his attacks on ordinary people that hurt him the most, from the disabled reporter to the Khan family.  So she'll find more of the same to stand up and challenge Trump.  (She'll look for more minorities as well, for his responses will further alienate the group and push them into a Democrat vote.)

Who *WILL* respond.  And so will his supporters.  Which will then further help her...

It is a thing of beauty to watch her and the Dems pull his chain and watch him dance.  He just can't help himself.  He's like Pavlov's dog.. .  or a chicken playing tic tac toe

Oceander

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 08:25:58 pm »

You nailed it.

HonestJohn

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2016, 08:36:45 pm »

You nailed it.

I forgot to add...

And even then, a good chunk... if not the majority will be so repulsed by Trump's slander that they will not vote for him.  For what his supporters fail to understand is that the voter base of America is not the GOP voter base; but all voters, from the GOP to Democrats to Independents to Libertarians to the Green party, etc, etc, etc.

In essence, Trump and his supporters are frogs in a well.

---

The Frog at the bottom of Well--Jing Di Zhi Wa

The Chinese of Jing Di Zhi Wa is 井底之蛙. This idiom is also known as Look At The Sky From The Bottom Of A Well--Zuo Jing Guan Tian (坐井观天).
Once upon a time, there lived a frog in a shallow well. One day, a turtle who used to live in the East Sea travelled there and happened to see him.

The frog proudly said to his unexpected visitor, "I am so happy! When I go out, I jump about on the railing beside the mouth of the well. When I come home,I rest in the holes on the broken wall of the well. If I jump into the water, it comes up to my armpits and holds up my cheeks. If I walk in the mud, it covers up my feet. I look around at the wriggly worms, crabs and tadpoles, and none of them can compare with me. I am lord of this trough of water and I stand up tall in this shallow well. My happiness is full. My dear sir, why don't you come down and look around my wonderful home?"

So the turtle tried to force himself into the well. But before he could get its left foot in, its right knee got stuck. He had to give up. Realizing how small the well is, the turtle began to describe the East Sea to the frog .

"The size of the East Sea is beyond your wildest imagination. Even a distance of a thousand miles cannot give you an idea of the sea's width; even a height of a thousand feet cannot give you an idea of its depth. In the time of King Da Yu, there were floods nine years out of ten, but the waters in the sea did not increase. ln the time of King Tang there were droughts seven years out of eight, but the waters in the sea did not decrease. The sea does not change along with the passage of time and its level does not rise or fall according to the amount of rain that falls. Living in the East Sea is the greatest happiness."

Hearing the turtle's words, the frog was shocked into realization of his own insignificance and felt down in the dumps.

Writer Comment:

The idiom the frog at the bottom of the well (or "look at the sky from the bottom of a well), means to have a narrow view of the world, to have only superficial knowledge of something, or to be short-sighted.

"A frog in a well has a very limited view" and "the flickering of a glowworm does not shine far" are often used at the same time as a couplet.

Online corbe

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2016, 09:29:00 pm »
I understand, but I would campaign in states that has a huge EV count.

If he needs my VOTE in TEXAS (39EV) to beat that WITCH, He's already TOAST.

I love Texas for protecting me from making stupid d3ecisions.

#NeverTrump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2016, 09:35:00 pm »
Trump always takes the bait.

CRUZ could kill him in October with an unauthorized LEAK about his Hands or something.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2016, 09:38:52 pm »
Well, he might have a chance at picking up Battleground Idaho.

LOL. Where Romney got 64% of the vote.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2016, 09:50:54 pm »
It does once you accept the fact to be true that he was/will be paid by the Clinton's to run in order to destroy any Republican chance and insure her victory.

EXACTLTY!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2016, 09:52:11 pm »