Author Topic: Trump Remembers His Greatest Hits  (Read 1018 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump Remembers His Greatest Hits
« on: August 04, 2016, 03:34:07 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-remembers-his-greatest-hits/article/2003655

Trump Remembers His Greatest Hits

5:52 PM, AUG 03, 2016 | By JENNA LIFHITS

Donald Trump rehashed his campaign's greatest hits during a rally in Florida Wednesday.

The businessman re-litigated his "blood coming out of her wherever" comment, his imitation of a disabled reporter, and his suggestion that Muslims in New Jersey were "cheering" during 9/11.

Trump opened his tirade by questioning the veracity of pro-Hillary Clinton advertisements, one of which features women responding to derogatory comments of his.

"She's got the one with blood, coming out of her eyes, and, I meant her nose, or her ears, or her mouth!" Trump said, recalling a remark he made about Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly in an August debate. "But these people are perverted and they think it was another location. Unbelievable."

Trump said he cut his phrase short out of a desire to get back to the subject of "taxes or economic development," which is why he said "blood coming out of her wherever."

"I should've finished it out, it would've been much better," he lamented.

He then took on an advertisement that showed him mocking a disabled reporter and said that the coverage was unfair, considering his financial track record of supporting the disabled.

"Nobody's better to people with disabilities than me. I spend millions and millions of dollars on buildings taking care of people with disabilities," he said. "I spend millions of dollars on ramps."

The businessman tied his story about the reporter, Serge Kovaleski, into a defense of a comment he made in November that thousands of Muslims in New Jersey were "cheering as the buildings came down" during 9/11.

"I said, in New Jersey, they were dancing. No, I said, when the World Trade Center came down. Nice. Real nice," Trump said. "In all fairness, throughout the world, they were dancing."

He said that an article about "people dancing on the streets or rooftops or something" had informed his comment, but that the reporter responsible for the article (which is Kovaleski) had walked back his claims.

Trump again said that the motions he made to imitate Kovaleski, who has arthrogryposis, were meant to represent "groveling" rather than mock his disability.

"I won't make the motions because if I do they'll say something, you know," Trump said, referring to the media, which he earlier dubbed "the single biggest problem we have in terms of victory."

He then denied knowing Kovaleski, a claim that has been proven false.

Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort said Wednesday that the businessman was "in control of his campaign," after reports that Trump staffers were "suicidal" over the nominee's behavior and that Manafort was "mailing it in."

"I'm in control of doing the things that he wants me to do in the campaign," Manafort said. "The turmoil … this is another Clinton narrative that's been put out there and that the media is picking up on."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Remembers His Greatest Hits
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 03:35:11 pm »
Trump, reviving (on his own) the most embarrassing and vote-killing episodes of his primary campaign.

Trumpsters, tell me this is sane.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »
RE:  Trump Remembers His Greatest Hits

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:43:45 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 05:02:10 pm »
He just can't help himself.  Can't talk about the issues.  Has to hit back at things better forgotten over and over and over again.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 06:12:03 pm »
   When all else fails, have some more nekid pictures of your wife published, that works for a small percentage of followers, right?????

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 06:12:05 pm »
"She's got the one with blood, coming out of her eyes, and, I meant her nose, or her ears, or her mouth!" Trump said, recalling a remark he made about Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly in an August debate. "But these people are perverted and they think it was another location. Unbelievable."
---------------------
Megyn Kelly after Donald Trump targets her again: 'Oh good God'
http://www.syracuse.com/tv/index.ssf/2016/08/megyn_kelly_donald_trump_oh_good_god.html

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 06:19:17 pm »
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 06:24:53 pm »
I spend millions and millions of dollars on buildings taking care of people with disabilities," he said. "I spend millions of dollars on ramps."

Um ... you've got no choice in doing that because they are a legal requirement?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 06:26:18 pm »
This video is from yesterday touring a tie factory in Denver.  She is on the offense while the Orange One is talking about his greatness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GCo6tHbKjg

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

geronl

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 06:54:00 pm »
"Nobody's better to people with disabilities than me. I spend millions and millions of dollars on buildings taking care of people with disabilities," he said. "I spend millions of dollars on ramps."

Oh please, the man is rotten on the inside. He can't help himself.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 06:59:37 pm »
Um ... you've got no choice in doing that because they are a legal requirement?

Exactly. But to hear him say it, you would think he only does it out of the goodness of his heart.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 07:04:39 pm »
Exactly. But to hear him say it, you would think he only does it out of the goodness of his heart.

His followers lap it up like gruel though.  Never question.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 07:40:07 pm »
Trump is already doing campaign retrospectives, lol.