Author Topic: Tim Kaine is Christian & has attended a predominantly black church since the '80s - Christian Daily  (Read 596 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tim Kaine is Christian & has attended a predominantly black church since the '80s

As many would probably see as a break from tradition, Democratic vice presidential pick Sen. Tim Kaine has revealed that he and his family have been attending an integrated, predominantly Black church for more than 30 years.

St. Elizabeth's Roman Catholic Church in Richmond, Virginia is considered to cater to a "poor, predominantly black working-class neighborhood." Kaine and his wife, Anne Holton, have been parishioners of the church since the 1980s.
Advertisement

"Anne found it in the summer of 1984. We were married here in November of 1984, and this and our neighborhood are really the center of our lives here. So we needed some prayers today, and we got some prayers, and we got some support and it really feels good," Kaine told the story of how they became members of the church.

"Tim and I found our way to his parish 32 years ago almost by accident," his wife said during a thanksgiving mass for Kaine in the said church. She also thanked the congregation for the prayers and promised that "we will all have a big party at the end no matter what happens."

-  More: http://www.christiandaily.com/article/democratic-vp-candidate-tim-kaine-and-family-are-parishioners-of-black-church-since-the-80s/54814.htm

geronl

A "Christian" who supports the wholesale slaughter of babies in the womb and government theft over liberty

hhmmmm

Offline Leto

I thought he advertised himself as a catholic?

I thought he was a cafeteria catholic.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline skeeter

Rev Jeremiah Wright, Rev Al Sharpton, Rev Michael Flager & Rev Jesse Jackson are considered by some to be christians too.

HonestJohn

I thought he advertised himself as a catholic?

I thought he was a cafeteria catholic.

What?  Are you claiming the article says he's not?