Author Topic: Trump tries to stop the bleeding  (Read 1846 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump tries to stop the bleeding
« on: August 03, 2016, 06:51:32 pm »

Trump tries to stop the bleeding

The campaign is struggling to reverse its downward spiral as Republicans' frustration with their nominee nears a breaking point.

By Eli Stokols

08/03/16 02:08 PM EDT

Updated 08/03/16 02:43 PM EDT

Donald Trump is facing a whirlwind of criticism from Republican leaders — including some of his closest allies — as he fends off reports of a staff shake up, another intervention and even rumblings that he could be urged to step aside as the party's nominee.

On Wednesday, Paul Manafort, Trump's top strategist, flatly denied a report that RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, Newt Gingrich and Rudy Giuliani are planning an intervention after a stunning streak of unforced errors — his combative response to a Gold Star family that criticized him at last week’s Democratic National Convention, his apparent lack of knowledge related to the Ukraine and Russia and his purposeful snubbing of GOP stalwarts John McCain and Paul Ryan.

And Mike Pence, Trump's running mate, did a bit to mend fences Tuesday, saying he endorsed Ryan and that Trump had encouraged him to do so. "These two men are gonna do great things to restore this country at home and abroad,” Pence said on Fox News.

more

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-republicans-frustration-226625
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Trump tries to stop the bleeding
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:54:48 pm »
Has Trump opened campaign offices, phone banks, gathered volunteers? Any TV ads aired anywhere?

96 days until election day.

Still waiting for Trump to create a campaign apparatus.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 07:26:02 pm »
I guess the bleeding is from wherever.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 07:28:00 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline plewis1250

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 07:32:27 pm »
LOL!!!

That is perfect!!!

The Trump Campaign: Sad!!!
The pecking order: Christian, American, Conservative

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 07:37:23 pm »
Has Trump opened campaign offices, phone banks, gathered volunteers? Any TV ads aired anywhere?

That implies Trump intends to fight to win.  Nothing is happening to that effect.  His intention is to hand the election to his good friend, Hillary.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:38:42 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 07:58:51 pm »

O/T, but my 6 YO grandson relishes talking about that scene. Not so sure his other grandma appreciates some of the stuff we play in our house...   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 08:01:08 pm »

TOUCHE!!!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 08:02:06 pm »

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 08:18:43 pm »
Is Agent Orange going to nuke us all into submission?

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 08:27:00 pm »
From the article.

"'But scattered signs of campaign expansion and a modicum of discipline from the candidate may not be enough to placate angry Republicans after a week of unforced errors. “Some Republicans are close to bailing,” said Haynes. “At a certain point, people are going to say it’s more important that something is left of the Republican Party than stopping Hillary Clinton. And it’s getting close to that point."'

Inspite of the headline it doesn't look like Trump is doing anything to stop the bleeding.  If sounds like his staff is doing something sort of half-heartedly.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 08:50:24 pm »

888high58888

Offline r9etb

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 09:09:38 pm »
Inspite of the headline it doesn't look like Trump is doing anything to stop the bleeding.  If sounds like his staff is doing something sort of half-heartedly.

They're in a death spiral.  There's probably nothing -- even Hillary being caught in bed with a dead girl -- that can prevent Trump from losing to Clinton. 

He'll only get bad coverage now, because the media are clambering over each other to find the next damning quote; and he can't keep his mouth shut in any case.  No amount of hard work by even the best campaign is going to survive the next Trumpism.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 09:16:48 pm »

That is troubling to say the least...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34