Author Topic: Rush: Never Trump Republican Loses Primary  (Read 1543 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Never Trump Republican Loses Primary
« on: August 03, 2016, 06:32:54 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/08/03/never_trump_republican_loses_primary

Never Trump Republican Loses Primary
August 03, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Now, back to Bill Hemmer's question earlier today on Fox. He was talking to Karl Rove, and he said (summarized), "Karl, what if everything we think we know and understand about politics is wrong this year?  What if every way we look at it is not at all correct?  What if what's going on out there," meaning in America, "is so foreign and so different and so unique that the ways we...?" He really meant Rove and the whole Washington establishment political apparatus.

"What if the way you look and analyze things, you can't possibly predict or poll it because you don't know what is animating people. You don't know what's driving them. You don't know..." In other words, the normal things that you would think would make a candidate stronger don't even apply.  That was the essence of the question.  Look at this.  There were a couple of primary election days yesterday.  One was in Missouri, and there was one in Kansas, and a Never Trumpist -- an ardent Never Trumpist -- lost.

Tim Huelskamp, who was rabidly anti-Trump incumbent (many thought of him as a Tea Party Republican) got skunked in the primary.  He was defeated by somebody named Roger Marshall.  And it wasn't even close.  It was a 12-point landslide defeat for an incumbent Republican who went big on being a Never Trumper. Tim Huelskamp, Republican incumbent, got 44% of the vote.  Roger Marshall -- and this was with all the votes counted, 100% of the precincts reporting -- got 56% of the vote.

Now, I wouldn't say that this is along the lines of Eric Cantor losing, but I will venture to say that this has stunned and shocked a lot of people in the Republican Party in Washington.

Nothing against Huelskamp here.  That's not my point here.  I'm just pointing out that a relative unknown in a Republican primary ran against somebody on the basis that he loved Trump. He liked Trump, he wants Trump, and he's running against an incumbent who's making a big deal out of being a Never Trumper.  And the Never Trumper lost in a landslide.  It's just one state.  Could be an outlier; we don't know.  There haven't enough of these primaries to know that we can't draw any conclusions from it, but it does raise eyebrows out there within the elite circles of the elite.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Rush: Never Trump Republican Loses Primary
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 06:34:59 pm »
anti-establishment conservative destroyed by the GOPE-Trump Alliance

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 06:38:18 pm »
Done with Rush.

It was his reaction to the Cruz speech.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 06:54:25 pm »
Yeah, I liked Rush for years, but until he gets off the Trump bandwagon, I've stopped listening.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 06:56:24 pm »
Rush used to make sense most of the time, especially when he talked about conservative principles.

Now he has surrendered any vestiges of principles.

He sounds like a completely different person. No longer a conservative and no longer having any point, I think he should just retire.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:57:24 pm by geronl »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 10:01:40 pm »
God Bless Rush, he showed us how it's done. There'd be no Ted Cruz without Rush, we are all dittoheads.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 10:18:06 pm »
God Bless Rush, he showed us how it's done. There'd be no Ted Cruz without Rush, we are all dittoheads.

I am not a dittohead, I am a conservative. I will support and vote for conservatives based on principles. When Rush abandoned his conservatism and principles he ceased being relevant or meaningful to me. Now he is defending the indefensible and making up crap to cover for Trump.

His time is up.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 10:29:11 pm »
Rush has gone full apostate of the very principles he supposedly preached all these years in favor of his golf buddy.

No longer listen to his show and canceled my 24/7 membership after his remarks about Cruz.

He even willfully overlooked the point the GOP Establishment deliberately chose to primary Huelskamp for his role in unseating John Boehner and went all in for Marshall early on.  The Establishment has made it no secret they plan on unseating every single Conservative who did not knuckle under their Leaderships' betrayals over the last 4 years.

Rush is no longer the voice of Conservatism on the radio.  He is now just a Trump shill and I don't listen to apostates with 'new truths' to foist upon a congregation.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775