Author Topic: A Free People Erasing Their Own Freedoms  (Read 230 times)

rangerrebew

A Free People Erasing Their Own Freedoms
« on: August 03, 2016, 04:27:45 pm »
August 2, 2016
A Free People Erasing Their Own Freedoms
By Matt Patterson and Lindsey DePasse

The Greek city-state of Athens had no constitutional protections for people who advocated notions radically at odds with prevailing wisdom.

The result: Socrates was put to death for “corrupting” the youth.

Four hundred years later, the Roman province of Judea contained no constitutional protections for wild-eyed preachers who advocated radical alternatives to established political and religious orthodoxies.

The result: Jesus was crucified for claiming to be "King of the Jews."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/08/a_free_people_erasing_their_own_freedoms.html#ixzz4GHsEgSe1
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: A Free People Erasing Their Own Freedoms
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 05:34:03 pm »
The result: Jesus was crucified for claiming to be "King of the Jews."

---------------------
Not exactly. John 19:19-22 "And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was Jesus Of Nazareth The King Of The Jews. This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews. Pilate answered, What I have written I have written."
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour