Author Topic: Priebus, Giuliani, Gingrich plot Trump 'intervention': report  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Priebus, Giuliani, Gingrich plot Trump 'intervention': report
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 07:14:02 pm »
Disagree.  The events of the last three days are a gift.  Trump must be pressured to step down in favor of his vice presidential nominee.

Even if he stepped down this week, some ballots would still have his name in the President slot.  I think, for example, Delaware's deadline has passed (on the other hand, Delaware won't go GOP anyway). 

They need to act SOON, if they are going to do this.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:41 pm »
Even if he stepped down this week, some ballots would still have his name in the President slot.  I think, for example, Delaware's deadline has passed (on the other hand, Delaware won't go GOP anyway). 

They need to act SOON, if they are going to do this.

Besides the way Pence squished and flip flopped on major issues for Trump and the way he did nothing as Trump brought up JFK and stuff again and that fact he didn't get a vote in the primary will hurt him in a general election, even if they can get him on the ballot for that slot.

His failure to protect religious liberty as Governor will too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 07:19:36 pm »

Hey GOP, Bet You Wish You’d Let Them Vote Their Conscience Now. HAHAHAHA

http://theresurgent.com/hey-gop-bet-you-wish-youd-let-them-vote-their-conscience-now-hahahaha/

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 07:23:35 pm »
Disagree.  The events of the last three days are a gift.  Trump must be pressured to step down in favor of his vice presidential nominee.

If Trump steps down, any bets on how long it takes him and Ivanka to endorse Hillary over Pence?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:24:20 pm by Eowyn »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 07:24:30 pm »
Besides the way Pence squished and flip flopped on major issues for Trump and the way he did nothing as Trump brought up JFK and stuff again and that fact he didn't get a vote in the primary will hurt him in a general election, even if they can get him on the ballot for that slot.

His failure to protect religious liberty as Governor will too.

Even so, I would vote for Pence, and will never in a million years vote for Trump.

I expect candidates to be flawed.  I just don't expect them to be completely corrupt and insane.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 07:28:12 pm »
If Trump steps down, any bets on how long it takes him and Ivanka to endorse Hillary over Pence?

good question

and I wonder how many over at TOS would dutifully follow their new messiah to Camp Hillary?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 07:54:46 pm »
When I saw the title of this thread with the word “Intervention” I immediately thought of the TV show of the same name.

I can see it now - Priebus, Giuliani, Gingrich, Melania, Don Jr., Ivanka and Eric sitting in a hotel room, perhaps with Dr. Drew.

Trump walks in unaware it’s an intervention. 

Each of them read a brief letter about how Donald’s behavior has hurt them or others then Dr. Drew tells Trump that he has one of two choices – continue with his self-destructive behavior and face the tough love of being cut off by his family and friends or immediately go to rehab.

Trump doesn’t drink but perhaps there’s a rehab and 12-Step Program that fits – Twitterers Anonymous?

It could all be caught on camera and could be Trump’s next reality TV show.  Something like Sober House?

:whistle:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 11:49:43 pm »
Then, again, maybe he gets angry when people do stuff like this:

Eric Spencer ‏@JustEric  1h1 hour ago
Traced my own hand over Trump's. Holy crap are his hands tiny.

(Trace is a little shaky because I'm left-handed.)

I have to do this!
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

geronl

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 12:47:18 am »
Is that image true size?   :silly: :silly:

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 04:01:53 pm »
That baby hand is too cute. A big head and small hands. Probably soft, too. Whereas what we actually need is a man with strong hands and great reluctance to take office, in order to reverse course. Such a mythical man would also need a citizen guard and an official taster as well as the most unimpeachably honest advisors.