Author Topic: ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out  (Read 26376 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 03:28:18 pm »
All I know is that nearly the entire RNC better go with him. They enabled him and should not be allowed to pick a candidate for us.

The RNC enabled him?

In what alternative universe did THAT happen?

We first had the narrative of Trump and Cruz being the "outsiders" out to bring down the dreaded GOPe (A.K.A. the RNC) and their anointed candidate Jeb.

Then Trump's Third Division (average GOP support @36%) boasted about their leader's defeat of the ESTABLISHMENT (A.K.A. the RNC) and the dawning of the age of  Trump (A.K.A. The Rise of The Morton Downey Jr. Generation) and roared when the Trump Troupe lorded over a GOP Convention lacking any manner of significant GOPe presence, booing at anyone who dared to suggest that conscience and adherence to our governing documents should be part of the process of electing the person who will stand in the shows of George Washington.

The RNC is the LEAST responsible entity for Trump.

The RNC WISHES that they had damned near anyone but Trump as a candidate.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 03:30:34 pm »
I respectfully disagree. Pence did not participate during the primary process. If Trump drops out, Cruz is the man. RNC members have put themselves in an untenable position, and it started over a year ago. Their support of open primaries and not taking control of debates led to the position they're in now.

I don't think Cruz would take the position at this point.  The Trump supporters will Trumpertantrum themselves out of the election, and without the full support of everyone against Hillary, Cruz loses.  I doubt he wants to wreck his political future that way.  Pence at lease stands a chance of uniting the Trump supporters and the conservatives.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 03:32:07 pm »
This IS THE BEST ELECTION EVER!!

Kinda satisfying watching Trumper's heads explode.  Too bad the consequences of their bad judgement are so dire for the nation.  Many of us had Trump pegged MONTHS ago.  Y'all should have listened!  Same goes for you, JimRob.

Meanwhile, the country continues to decline as evil Hillary skates to the White House with the help of a brazenly corrupt media.  **nononono*

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »
I tore up my RNC survey/donation request and threw it away.  I wonder how the donations are going for the party?

I did too....first time in years I haven't donated to the RNC during elections
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 03:34:46 pm »
My prediction is if they do end up replacing Trump, however that might play out, the replacement will be Bush.

Ya heard it here first.  :tongue2:

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »
I could live with Pence at the top of the ticket. I wouldn't even need to hold my nose.
Not me.  Without lustration, no one who endorsed the orange a$$hoIe is ever an acceptable candidate for any office ever again.  They got on board with fascism.  They can keep their fascism and their party.
Former Republican.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 03:35:31 pm »
I don't think Cruz would take the position at this point.  The Trump supporters will Trumpertantrum themselves out of the election, and without the full support of everyone against Hillary, Cruz loses.  I doubt he wants to wreck his political future that way.  Pence at lease stands a chance of uniting the Trump supporters and the conservatives.

I agree. Whatever republican runs at this point is only running to lose. Plus I don't think Ted Cruz would accept being appointed without the people having some sort of say in it.

Offline Eowyn

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »
My prediction is if they do end up replacing Trump, however that might play out, the replacement will be Bush.

Ya heard it here first.  :tongue2:

I think so too, or perhaps Kasich or Romney.

Offline Eowyn

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 03:40:06 pm »
The RNC enabled him?

We first had the narrative of Trump and Cruz being the "outsiders" out to bring down the dreaded GOPe (A.K.A. the RNC) and their anointed candidate Jeb.

Then Trump's Third Division (average GOP support @36%) boasted about their leader's defeat of the ESTABLISHMENT (A.K.A. the RNC) and the dawning of the age of  Trump (A.K.A. The Rise of The Morton Downey Jr. Generation) and roared when the Trump Troupe lorded over a GOP Convention lacking any manner of significant GOPe presence, booing at anyone who dared to suggest that conscience and adherence to our governing documents should be part of the process of electing the person who will stand in the shows of George Washington.

The GOP-e/RNC teamed up with Trump at the convention against conservatives, and we won't forget.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 03:41:53 pm »
I think so too, or perhaps Kasich or Romney.

Back in January he said more than once with absolute certainty that he would be the nominee.  I found it odd at the time but his absolute certainty stuck with me.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »
I respectfully disagree. Pence did not participate during the primary process. If Trump drops out, Cruz is the man. RNC members have put themselves in an untenable position, and it started over a year ago. Their support of open primaries and not taking control of debates led to the position they're in now.

That's fantasy.  If the nominee drops out, after the primaries and convention...the Party officers will select who they want.

There is no party by-law or codified Election Law covering this.  Government cannot tell a private group, which is what a political party IS...who they can promote for an election.

We have no more say over this than we do over the Libertarian or Communist parties' nominations.  The top Republican party officers will control it.

AND THEY DESPISE CRUZ.  They MIGHT go with Pence.  More likely they'll dig up Shrub and put him on there...or someone REALLY kewel, like Goober Graham.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 03:49:18 pm »
I agree.  I'm as unlikely to vote for pence as I am to to vote for the orange a$$hoIe.  Which is to say, not at all, as in never. 

Nervertrump, Neverhillary,  Neverpence.
Former Republican.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 03:50:45 pm »
That's fantasy.  If the nominee drops out, after the primaries and convention...the Party officers will select who they want.

There is no party by-law or codified Election Law covering this.  Government cannot tell a private group, which is what a political party IS...who they can promote for an election.

We have no more say over this than we do over the Libertarian or Communist parties' nominations.  The top Republican party officers will control it.

AND THEY DESPISE CRUZ.  They MIGHT go with Pence.  More likely they'll dig up Shrub and put him on there...or someone REALLY kewel, like Goober Graham.

You are correct - the GOP stooges would rather stab their own eye out than allow Cruz the nomination. They'd grab Hillary if the democrats hadn't grabbed her first.

Third party is our only salvation.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 03:54:19 pm »

My money would be on Kasich/Pence, or vice versa.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2016, 04:01:04 pm »
... ABC News' Jonathan Karl reported Wednesday... "This is absolutely unprecedented," Karl said. "I am told that RNC chairman Reince Priebus is furious — he has had multiple discussions with Trump telling him he needs to drastically change course."
IOW, more rubbish from an all-rubbish party line attack machine.
Op-Ed To fight Trump, journalists have dispensed with objectivity [Los Angeles Times]
BUSTED: New York Times Caught Lying About @RealDonaldTrump's Draft Record To Slime Him... [GotNews.com]
SEAL That Killed Bin Laden: Been 3 Elections Since Son Was Killed, Khans "Part Of Clinton Machine" [RealClearPolitics]
Mike Pence shows how it's done in response to a question about Trump and the Khan family [Hot Air]
Khizr Khan Believes the Constitution 'Must Always Be Subordinated to the Sharia' [Breitbart]
ISIS details 'Why We Hate You' in new magazine (calls Khan's son an apostate) [Fox News]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2016, 04:04:27 pm »
I tore up my RNC survey/donation request and threw it away.  I wonder how the donations are going for the party?

I am sending every GOP mailer back with a note that says...

"Take me off your mailing list. Reason: Trump. Seriously? Ted Cruz is the only man left in DC with integrity, courage, and principles."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 04:46:52 pm »
The RNC enabled him?

I have to disagree with that assessment.

The RNC Establishment threw in full bore with Trump BEFORE the Convention, and set up the convention to ensure it was a WWE Pay-Per-Viewish 'Trump Convention' circus event.  Then orchestrated the rules to strip power away from the grassroots to empower Priebus/McConnell and the Ruling Class Oligarchy with near-total control of the party and their nomination process going forward.

They threw in with Trump to get rid of the Christian/Social Conservatives they saw as a drag on their party and whom McConnell himself promised he would 'punch in the nose'.

Sorry, the RNC knew Trump was a wrecking ball - and they are perfectly fine with Hillary as President.   They just did not figure Trump would destroy the GOP itself in the process.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2016, 04:59:23 pm »
I have to disagree with that assessment.

The RNC Establishment threw in full bore with Trump BEFORE the Convention, and set up the convention to ensure it was a WWE Pay-Per-Viewish 'Trump Convention' circus event.  Then orchestrated the rules to strip power away from the grassroots to empower Priebus/McConnell and the Ruling Class Oligarchy with near-total control of the party and their nomination process going forward.

They threw in with Trump to get rid of the Christian/Social Conservatives they saw as a drag on their party and whom McConnell himself promised he would 'punch in the nose'.

Sorry, the RNC knew Trump was a wrecking ball - and they are perfectly fine with Hillary as President.   They just did not figure Trump would destroy the GOP itself in the process.

I wish to offer a name for Mr. Trump to consider:  Maximilian Robespierre. It didn't turn out very well for this "agent of change."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2016, 05:01:50 pm »
I wish to offer a name for Mr. Trump to consider:  Maximilian Robespierre. It didn't turn out very well for this "agent of change."

That's for sure!  :silly:

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2016, 05:16:11 pm »
I am sending every GOP mailer back with a note that says...

"Take me off your mailing list. Reason: Trump. Seriously? Ted Cruz is the only man left in DC with integrity, courage, and principles."

I started to do that, but figured that without a donation, any comments that are returned are circular filed without ever being read.  I decided not to waste my time.  If they really wanted to hear from us, they need only open their ears.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:17:47 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2016, 05:19:39 pm »
That's for sure!  :silly:

I found a link for the History Channel documentary on the French Revolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fizl8oAqG50

With no commercials, it's only an hour and a half. There are several parallels from the French Revolution to this political season, and "climate change" is one of them. Unrest was prompted by several years of unseasonably cold weather that wreaked havoc on agriculture.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2016, 05:20:36 pm »
I started to do that, but figured that without a donation, any comments that are returned are circular filed without ever being read.  I decided not to waste my time.  If they really wanted to hear from us, they need only open their ears.

You said it yourself: they really don't want to hear from us.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 05:27:18 pm »
Who woulda ever thunk it? Trump uncontrollable? The GOP will never at this point regain its respectability. It is a decaying sister party of the Democrats. No one the RNC appoints will be able to consolidate this broken piece of crap party. They are no longer a party of conservatives united around the constitution.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 05:28:02 pm »
The RNC enabled him?

Agree.   The RNC is trying desperately to ride the tornado, but Trump was the last one it wanted to see as the face of the Party of Lincoln. 

Unlike some here,  I do not intend to renounce my membership in the GOP.   I will work hard to excise the Trumpism cancer,  and then resume my usual advocacy for big-tent, Jack Kemp-style conservatism.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline rodamala

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2016, 05:29:28 pm »