Author Topic: ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out  (Read 26388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:53:11 pm »

Newsmax
ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out
Wednesday, August 3, 2016 08:11 AM

By: Mark Swanson

The Republican National Committee is weighing its options in the event Donald Trump drops out of the presidential race, ABC News' Jonathan Karl reported Wednesday.

"I am told senior officials at the party are actively exploring what would happen if Trump dropped out, how to replace him on the ballot," Karl said on "Good Morning America."

"The answer is they can't force him out. He would have to go out voluntarily then it would be the 168 members of the RNC through a complicated process that would pick a new candidate. It would have to happen by early September."

"This is absolutely unprecedented," Karl said. "I am told that RNC chairman Reince Priebus is furious — he has had multiple discussions with Trump telling him he needs to drastically change course. "

The RNC’s worries about Trump come after he continued to pummel the parents of the late Capt. Humayun Khan in media appearances. Khan, a naturalized citizen and a Muslim, died in 2007 during combat operations in Iraq.

Veterans groups, including the American Legion, the VFW, and the Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA), have sharply rebuked Trump for continuing to criticize Khan’s Gold Star parents.

"Election year or not, the VFW will not tolerate anyone berating a Gold Star family member for exercising his or her right of speech or expression," Brian Duffy, leader of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, said in a statement Monday.

The VVA called Trump’s continuing barrage against the Khans “disgraceful and un-American.”

Trump’s support among key Republican leaders across the nation is eroding.

NBC News reported that Priebus is "apoplectic" over Trump's comments Tuesday that he is not endorsing House Speaker Paul Ryan and Sen. John McCain in their re-election efforts. Both Ryan and McCain have endorsed Trump in his presidential bid.

According to NBC News, Priebus called Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort indicating his "extreme displeasure" with Trump.

MSNBC's "Morning Joe" reported Wednesday that key Trump campaign staffers are "checking out" as the campaign founders over the continuing controversy of Trump’s Khan comments.

Regardless, though the prospect of Trump dropping out may be farfetched, the RNC is preparing for all options given Trump's unpredictability quotient.

"He is so unpredictable right now," Karl said on GMA. "They are so unable to control his message that they just don't know and clearly think it is a possibility which is why they're looking at these rules."

But at the heart of it is a Republican party that has a winnable election, given that Hillary Clinton is a wounded candidate from the fallout of an FBI investigation into her private email server.

"The frustration is especially deep because they believe that Hillary Clinton looks vulnerable," Karl said. "One top official told me if Trump had gone on vacation for the past two weeks, he would be in the lead."

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=741897
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ScottinVA

Re: ABC: RNC Considering Options If Trump Drops Out
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 01:56:53 pm »
Trump will not exit the "race" until it becomes completely clear his friend Hillary's victory is assured.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:58:14 pm »

"I am told senior officials at the party are actively exploring what would happen if Trump dropped out, how to replace him on the ballot," Karl said on "Good Morning America."

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=741897

Hi fellas! what're ya talking about?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:58:53 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 01:59:11 pm »
Trump will not exit the "race" until it becomes completely clear his friend Hillary's victory is assured.

All I know is that nearly the entire RNC better go with him. They enabled him and should not be allowed to pick a candidate for us.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 02:01:23 pm »
All I know is that nearly the entire RNC better go with him. They enabled him and should not be allowed to pick a candidate for us.

I tore up my RNC survey/donation request and threw it away.  I wonder how the donations are going for the party?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 02:02:29 pm »
Priebus and his cronies missed that boat at the convention when they crushed the Conservative dissenters.  Too late to disown the monster they created.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 02:18:32 pm »
Priebus and his cronies missed that boat at the convention when they crushed the Conservative dissenters.  Too late to disown the monster they created.

Seems like the same ole smoke and mirrors, horse and pony show. Think of how many 'rumors' and the push to keep Trump from getting the nomination there was; now there is 'rumor'/talk about what happens if he drops out.

The fact is they cannot force him out.  They certainly can ask him to drop out, but I don't see Trump complying.  I think the time frame referenced here is most important.  In order to nominate someone else and put them on the ballot he would have to drop out by early September.  In other words in 1 month.  I just don't see Trump dropping out within that time frame a reality.  My hunch is he will drop out in late October, just weeks before the election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 02:23:27 pm »
Someone will write this book:  "How a Muslim waving the Constitution brought down Donald Trump."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »
I could live with Pence at the top of the ticket. I wouldn't even need to hold my nose.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 02:27:48 pm »
This is the Left, of which the alleged "news media" are just the propaganda outlet...this is them trying to start a riot within their enemy ranks.

They KNOW how the trumpies will react.  They WANT it.  They WANT more chaos...it's the only way the old bat can get crowned.  Egg opponents on to a food-fight.

There's frankly no point at this conjecture.  Trump is it.  If he's replaced, EVEN IF HE WILLINGLY STEPS DOWN...his cultists will NOT vote for any R.  That leaves Billary the winner by default.

DEAL WITH IT.  The nation is in its death throes.

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 02:31:44 pm »
I tore up my RNC survey/donation request and threw it away.  I wonder how the donations are going for the party?
Even though I know no one actually looks at those, I wrote a nice note on it and returned it with less than the required postage to cause them a bit of work.

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 02:36:51 pm »
I could live with Pence at the top of the ticket. I wouldn't even need to hold my nose.

If I were Trump I would not let Pence serve him any meals without his food taster around.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:37:07 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 02:40:16 pm »

I don't have any particular problem with Pence but I have a real problem with allowing the GOP to continue manipulating this race the way they've done since the beginning. The only reason they allowed Trump to run was to take out Cruz and that blew up in their faces when Cruz managed to keep his head down long enough for Trump to eliminate the establishment competition. In the end the GOP managed to force Trump to accept Pence on the ticket.

My consolation is that Trump will eventually talk and tell us of any deals he made which will take down those republicans who allowed themselves to be conned.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 02:41:40 pm »
"The answer is they can't force him out. "

I don't believe that.   All RNC needs to do is pass an emergency bylaw that allows them to remove candidate for the reason of insanity, sickness, etc.

I'd be willing to bet it already exists, but the RNC powers have no testicles to do anything about it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 02:51:21 pm »
"The answer is they can't force him out. "

I don't believe that.   All RNC needs to do is pass an emergency bylaw that allows them to remove candidate for the reason of insanity, sickness, etc.

I'd be willing to bet it already exists, but the RNC powers have no testicles to do anything about it.

The RNC is a private institution that can force Trump out any time they want. Its especially true now that the Trump crowd happily went along with the news rules package that allows them to make new rules any time they want.

They should have said NO in the first place.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 03:03:26 pm »
This IS THE BEST ELECTION EVER!!

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 03:07:06 pm »
The RNC is a private institution that can force Trump out any time they want. Its especially true now that the Trump crowd happily went along with the news rules package that allows them to make new rules any time they want.

They should have said NO in the first place.

Otter (Trump) to Flounder (Rinse):

"You effed up! You trusted me! You can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes!"
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 03:08:48 pm »

It is called sandbagging. He is sabatoging his own campaign while pretending to be a victim so he can keep his new followers loyal to his brand for his next venture... Ie, protect the downside. Right out of The Art of the Deal. He doesn't mind failing at all if it builds his brand.

Offline Nickname

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 03:09:23 pm »

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 03:12:08 pm »

No, it's not too late.   Trump's vile insinuations regarding a Gold Star family, as well as his latest outrage - a refusal to endorse down-ticket Republicans, create the conditions for GOP leaders to pressure Trump to stand down.   And, unlike at the convention, there's a natural successor candidate - Mike Pence - who bears the imprimatur of Trump himself as well as the general respect of most Republicans. 

I give Trump credit for picking Pence - the potential solution if Trump has the good sense to realize that he's not ready for prime time. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 03:15:52 pm »
I give Trump credit for picking Pence - the potential solution if Trump has the good sense to realize that he's not ready for prime time.

I don't think Trump has the good sense to realize he isn't ready for adulthood.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 03:18:16 pm »
No, it's not too late.   Trump's vile insinuations regarding a Gold Star family, as well as his latest outrage - a refusal to endorse down-ticket Republicans, create the conditions for GOP leaders to pressure Trump to stand down.   And, unlike at the convention, there's a natural successor candidate - Mike Pence - who bears the imprimatur of Trump himself as well as the general respect of most Republicans. 

I respectfully disagree. Pence did not participate during the primary process. If Trump drops out, Cruz is the man. RNC members have put themselves in an untenable position, and it started over a year ago. Their support of open primaries and not taking control of debates led to the position they're in now.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 03:25:14 pm »

Exactly.  Stupid RNC and GOP-e are getting EXACTLY what they deserve, and Ted Cruz has already been vindicated.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2016, 03:26:00 pm »
Pence seems like a decent guy but anyone associated with Trump is tarred IMO.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 03:27:07 pm »
I respectfully disagree. Pence did not participate during the primary process. If Trump drops out, Cruz is the man. RNC members have put themselves in an untenable position, and it started over a year ago. Their support of open primaries and not taking control of debates led to the position they're in now.

The RNC made this mess and simply can't be trusted to fix it.