Author Topic: Priebus furious at Trump for not endorsing Ryan: report  (Read 1143 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Priebus furious at Trump for not endorsing Ryan: report
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:39:19 pm »
August 03, 2016, 08:09 am
Priebus furious at Trump for not endorsing Ryan: report

By Harper Neidig

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus is furious with Donald Trump's refusal to endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan or Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), NBC News reported.

Priebus is “apoplectic” over Trump’s remarks and called campaign chairman Paul Manafort and other top staffers to voice his “extreme displeasure,” NBC reported, citing a source in the GOP.

Trump said in an interview with the Washington Post on Tuesday that he is "not quite there yet" in terms of endorsing Ryan. The terminology echoed what Ryan said of Trump in May, before the Speaker relented and endorsed Trump for president.

He also tweeted praise of Ryan’s primary opponent on Monday.

Priebus and Ryan have deep connections going back to their days in Wisconsin state politics.

Trump also sharply criticized McCain, who is facing a tough primary challenge, as well as Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), who is in a tight general election battle.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/290215-report-priebus-apoplectic-at-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Priebus furious at Trump for not endorsing Ryan: report
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 01:41:09 pm »
Priebus is such a p-word.  His Frankenstein monster is out of control. 

What did he think was going to happen?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:42:43 pm »

GOPe are going to start eating each other.  Not my circus, not my monkeys.   :eatdrink:

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 01:44:37 pm »
Priebus is such a p-word.  His Frankenstein monster is out of control. 

What did he think was going to happen?

I say we get him!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 02:04:31 pm »
Ryan needs to go - he is a traitor to Conservatives. Obama's budget boy. :nono:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline beandog

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 02:14:56 pm »
Ryan needs to go - he is a traitor to Conservatives. Obama's budget boy. :nono:

I want Ryan to win because he irritates the tRumpsters.  Anything that irritates them is good with me.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 02:16:10 pm »
I want Ryan to win because he irritates the tRumpsters.  Anything that irritates them is good with me.

Diabolical!   I love it.  :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 02:17:38 pm »

Agreed.  And Ryan won't lose anyway.  People in his district love him.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »
The enemy of my enemy...is often times my other enemy.

Ryan is a conniving, backstabbing, LYING...RINO.  I LISTENED to a half-hour interview he gave Levin in 2012.  He TALKED of his plan to get the budget under control, to end Porkulus, to strip out Obamacare.  Repeatedly.  Sincerely.  He took tough questions and answered them.

EVERY ANSWER HE GAVE TURNED OUT TO BE A LIE.  He made himself sound like one more frustrated Tea Party member gotten deep inside.  What he was was either a turncoat or a double-agent...once he GOT the power he did the opposite.

Trump's a POS.  So, too, is Ryan.

I can go back to Berlin in the 1930s.  Because the Communist street operatives were fighting the Brownshirts, did that make them noble or better?  NO.  It was two groups of Useful Idiots, fighting over which tyrant or Party would have life-and-death control over people who just wanted to live their lives peaceably.  NEITHER of them would have brought anything other than death, destruction and ruin...and the victor did, in fact.

So, too, here.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 03:09:49 pm »

I'm no fan of Ryan but I'm less of a fan of purges based on the urges of an insane authoritarian clown.

Trumper challenging for my congressional district's seat got crushed 75-25 last night.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »
Priebus had better be run out of town on a rail.  He is responsible for all of this!  Firstly, the audience participation brought the GOP debates down to Trump's level.  He could have changed that.  Then he should have read the riot act to Trump after he talked about Megyn Kelly's menstrual cycle.  The ahole never would have spent the money to get on the ballot as an independent in 50 states.  NOW he should be urging Trump to quit the race while there is still time for a replacement to mount an effective campaign.  Trump cannot be salvaged!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 03:40:55 pm »
Priebus had better be run out of town on a rail.  He is responsible for all of this!  Firstly, the audience participation brought the GOP debates down to Trump's level.  He could have changed that.  Then he should have read the riot act to Trump after he talked about Megyn Kelly's menstrual cycle.  The ahole never would have spent the money to get on the ballot as an independent in 50 states.  NOW he should be urging Trump to quit the race while there is still time for a replacement to mount an effective campaign.  Trump cannot be salvaged!

The party that destroyed Todd Akin over a dumb comment happily stood on the sidelines and watched Trump say far worse. Scott Brown was one of the more vocal opposers of Akin but one of the most solid Trump supporters.

Accusing another candidate's father of being involved in the assassination of a former president should be an immediate dis qualifier.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 03:57:23 pm »
Pribus' usefulness to Donny is done now that Cleveland is over.

Trump needed Pribus to put down the Conservative insurrection that was brewing and to ensure the RNC consolidated power.

Now Pribus has no value whatsoever so Trump is free to piss on Rence's loafers.

If Donny becomes POTUS Pribus is out of a job.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!