Author Topic: Rubio Will Speak at Anti-LGTBQ Event  (Read 570 times)

Offline libertybele

Rubio Will Speak at Anti-LGTBQ Event
« on: August 03, 2016, 11:51:22 am »
After Citing Orlando Shootings as a Reason to Run Again, Marco Rubio Will Speak at Anti-LGTBQ Event

Fresh off his failed attempt to win the Republican nomination for the presidency, Florida Senator Marco Rubio announced that he would not run for re-election, before finally deciding that he would. His motivation, he said, was the Orlando nightclub shooting that left 49 Floridians dead and another 53 injured.

In early June, Rubio told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt that the deaths gave him “perspective,” adding:

“I‘ve been deeply impacted by it and I think when it visits your home state, when it impacts a community you know well, it really gives you pause, to think a little bit about your service to your country and where you can be most useful to your country.”

After the shooting, Rubio seemed to soften his rhetoric on LGTBQ issues acknowledging, at least, that the Orlando victims were targeted because of their sexual preferences. He told the Advocate, “I don’t need investigators to tell me the gay community was targeted in this attack.” But since Rubio has yet to meet an opinion or policy position that he can’t abandon on a moment’s notice, the Florida Senator has agreed to speak at an anti-LGTBQ event sponsored by the Liberty Counsel. The event, titled “Rediscovering God in America Renewal Project,” will be held in Orlando later this month.

The Liberty Counsel which, in the parlance of conservatives is a “pro-family” group, has a long history of anti-LGTBQ political activity. The Miami New Times reports:

The group is run by Mat Staver, also known as the attorney who represented Kim Davis, the Kentucky county clerk famous for refusing to let gay people get married. During that whole ordeal, Staver attacked “the media” and “liberals” for not siding with Davis.

“They want her scalp to hang on the wall as a trophy,” he said of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Rubio will be one of the featured speakers at the event. New Times notes Rubio will be joined by a number of other terrible people including David Barton, Fred Lowery, and some guy who blames Islamic terrorism on LGTBQ people.

Though Rubio has tried to position himself as the hip, youthful candidate who goes to raves and listens to EDM, his positions on everything from LGTBQ issues to immigration (another issue he’s had multiple feelings about) are retrograde bullshit. In a 2010 profile of Rubio, New Times described him as a “world-class opportunist” and a “hypocrite”; both have proven to be an accurate representation of Florida’s junior Senator. Rubio’s decision to join the Liberty Counsel at an anti-LGTBQ even in Orlando is just another demonstration of his unmatched spinelessness.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/after-citing-orlando-shootings-as-a-reason-to-run-again-1784724640
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Just_Victor

Re: Rubio Will Speak at Anti-LGTBQ Event
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »
This article deserves a barf alert.  The event is simply sponsored by a pro-family organization, it's not anti LGBTQ.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 12:02:00 pm »
“Rediscovering God in America Renewal Project,”

How in the Wide Wide World of Sports did they manage to spin this into an anti-LGBTQRSTUVW event?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 12:24:30 pm »
How in the Wide Wide World of Sports did they manage to spin this into an anti-LGBTQRSTUVW event?

Cause it is Rubio that is why..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:02:46 pm »

Cause it is Rubio that is why..

Rubio made his own bed.  He lied in order to get into the Senate (Gang of 8). He made a fool out of himself during the debate with Trump and he also clearly stated that he was giving up his seat once his term was over.  In fact he made it clear that he hated his job in the Senate.  Now he is running again and expects people to give credence to anything he says?  While the article's title may be a bit deceiving, it does get one thing correct; Rubio is a hypocrite.

Sure, I would have voted for Rubio over Clinton, but other than that he has lost my confidence and my vote.  I will not be voting for him in the FL primary at the end of this month.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:03:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:14:50 pm »
Sure Rubio is a flake but calling Liberty Council "anti-LGBT" is journalistic malfeasance.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 01:21:28 pm »
I'm pretty sure journalistic malfeasance is the goal these days...

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 02:58:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure journalistic malfeasance is the goal these days...

Seems to be happening on both sides.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 02:59:59 pm »
Why post stuff from Jezebel?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 03:06:27 pm »
Why post stuff from Jezebel?

Cause the poster hates Rubio..

geronl

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 06:30:22 pm »
acknowledging, at least, that the Orlando victims were targeted because of their sexual preferences

All evidence says otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:30:44 pm by geronl »