Author Topic: Odyssey of a NeverTrumper  (Read 86972 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Odyssey of a NeverTrumper
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2016, 12:52:11 am »
The blue-collar Democrat voters and the idlers and the media-professional classes...have NOTHING in common, except PURE HATRED for conservatives.  The blue-collar joes don't even hate America, the way the reporters and faculty members and sodomites do.  But they march in lockstep...united by dreams of power, money, and Free Excrement...delighted to stick it to those Christers with their guns and Bibles.

Not much of a base...until you get down to the nub.  They're SHEEPLE.  Elite or indigent, they all want GOVERNMENT as their MASTER.

That's not a principle.  That's craven helplessness and raw hatred for the independently-successful.

THAT NAILS IT!

We have a majority population that sees the bible and our religious heritage as indifferent and a judgmental evil deserving to be abolished and ignored, and they all look to Government to replace the God they have abandoned as their provider.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2016, 01:50:17 am »
You are welcome.

Allowing space for futility leads to despair which is not an option.
That depends on how you look at it. It is also an opportunity to exercise patience, wait for a time when futility no longer reigns, and prepare for that opportunity. Despair is the province of those without Faith.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #477 on: August 20, 2016, 01:54:19 am »
@JustPassinThru

Everyone is going to vote for hillary anyways whether they vote for her or not. So no worries.
I have it figured out.
Y'see, I'm NOT voting for Trump, which I have been assured is a vote for Hillary.
I'm not voting for Hillary, either, which by the above logic should be a vote for Trump..
I'm voting for Castle, which, oddly enough is a vote for Castle.

I get to vote three times on one ballot.

It's enough to make me feel, well....like a DEMOCRAT!

Hey! Where's MY Free Shi....??

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2016, 02:20:33 am »

I disagree with this.  Teamsters have little in common with college faculty voters.   Homosexual activists have little in common with West Virginia coal miners.  AFSCME and NEA voters have little in common with welfare recipients.

The blue-collar Democrat voters and the idlers and the media-professional classes...have NOTHING in common, except PURE HATRED for conservatives.  The blue-collar joes don't even hate America, the way the reporters and faculty members and sodomites do.  But they march in lockstep...united by dreams of power, money, and Free Excrement...delighted to stick it to those Christers with their guns and Bibles.

Not much of a base...until you get down to the nub.  They're SHEEPLE.  Elite or indigent, they all want GOVERNMENT as their MASTER.

That's not a principle.  That's craven helplessness and raw hatred for the independently-successful.
Actually, if you boil it down far enough they all have one thing in common. They want government to guarantee their particular ticket on the government gravy train. Whether that ticket is government upholding the union so their wages/strike fund/retirement fund/employment opportunities keep rolling in, or whether their seat on the train is someone else paying for their abortion/food/rent/schooling/research/protected buggery/AIDS medicine/condoms/whatever gimmie they want, they all want a seat, whether they are going to work or not. They want the government to guarantee their seat, and pay for it.

The seminal difference is that Conservatives aren't looking for anything but the freedom to make the most of their own opportunities and to have the government get off their back. Have it go defend the border, uphold the law, get the mail through, keep the roads passable, and get out of the way.

"Moderates" are a blend of those two basic philosophies.

Like a bell curve, the two endpoints, the true totalitarian nanny-staters vs the absolute (real, not Marxists in disguise) anarchists are the rarity. the fat part of the curve was the middle, a balance between the conservative's government and the giveaway government, but that has been slumping toward the side of those who want more free stuff. Without reversing that trend and weaning the population of free stuff, it isn't going to get better.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2016, 01:57:35 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Where you live Joe, your vote will be for Castle. My no vote will be for Trump. But  in other places where the population is really DENSE the apparatus is in place for hillary to win.

There is a long line of free shi**ers in front of you. So if you think you need it now you will have to bump a spot. But if you can hold it until you get to the gulag... Free housing, free uniforms, free food, free showers...

Or go weed the garden. The roots of the dodahs run deep but it can be done. You can eliminate them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #480 on: August 21, 2016, 04:00:34 am »
@Smokin Joe

Where you live Joe, your vote will be for Castle. My no vote will be for Trump. But  in other places where the population is really DENSE the apparatus is in place for hillary to win.

There is a long line of free shi**ers in front of you. So if you think you need it now you will have to bump a spot. But if you can hold it until you get to the gulag... Free housing, free uniforms, free food, free showers...

Or go weed the garden. The roots of the dodahs run deep but it can be done. You can eliminate them.
There are definitely legions of the FSA out there in the people clusters. We even have a few here. They are everywhere, only here, as the oil boom implodes, the Social Serpents are on the prowl for 'caseload' trying to keep their funding and get more while the State budget shrinks, so they even want to generate more FSA recruits. We saw this the last time we had an oil boom, only now, if your obamacare insurance isn't up to snuff, did you know you are 'neglecting' your kids, even if they are healthy? If your job dried up with the oil boom, your insurance likely went the way of your paycheck. Neat trick, eh? Another trainload for the 'plantation'.  Another layer to the control, and one the FedGov never should have had, and neither Hillary not Donald will do anything to get rid of.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #481 on: August 21, 2016, 05:53:19 am »
@CatherineofAragon

If you think about it, this false claim that it is one or the other is very much against what the framers of the constitution wanted. They did not envision or intend a fixed two party system where your choice was binary. We need to get away from that concept and make the candidate earn our votes instead of choosing the lesser of the two evils because that's all there is. The only way to make it change is to refuse to play.

Online DB

« Reply #482 on: August 21, 2016, 06:04:27 am »
Actually, if you boil it down far enough they all have one thing in common. They want government to guarantee their particular ticket on the government gravy train. Whether that ticket is government upholding the union so their wages/strike fund/retirement fund/employment opportunities keep rolling in, or whether their seat on the train is someone else paying for their abortion/food/rent/schooling/research/protected buggery/AIDS medicine/condoms/whatever gimmie they want, they all want a seat, whether they are going to work or not. They want the government to guarantee their seat, and pay for it.

The seminal difference is that Conservatives aren't looking for anything but the freedom to make the most of their own opportunities and to have the government get off their back. Have it go defend the border, uphold the law, get the mail through, keep the roads passable, and get out of the way.

"Moderates" are a blend of those two basic philosophies.

Like a bell curve, the two endpoints, the true totalitarian nanny-staters vs the absolute (real, not Marxists in disguise) anarchists are the rarity. the fat part of the curve was the middle, a balance between the conservative's government and the giveaway government, but that has been slumping toward the side of those who want more free stuff. Without reversing that trend and weaning the population of free stuff, it isn't going to get better.

A simple solution that will never happen is you lose your vote if you collect goodies from the government. It is a conflict of interest to be able to vote for stuff from other people just because you have a majority. When critical mass is reached it is a positive feedback system that destroys itself. That should be an obvious conclusion that must be avoided for a society to prosper and last.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2016, 06:53:41 am »
A simple solution that will never happen is you lose your vote if you collect goodies from the government. It is a conflict of interest to be able to vote for stuff from other people just because you have a majority. When critical mass is reached it is a positive feedback system that destroys itself. That should be an obvious conclusion that must be avoided for a society to prosper and last.
For the same reason I am against unions for public employees.

C S Lewis

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2016, 12:29:58 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

If you think about it, this false claim that it is one or the other is very much against what the framers of the constitution wanted. They did not envision or intend a fixed two party system where your choice was binary. We need to get away from that concept and make the candidate earn our votes instead of choosing the lesser of the two evils because that's all there is. The only way to make it change is to refuse to play.

That is another conversation and one worth having. But it does not alter the choice to be made and the better / worse results to be reasonably expected to come from that choice.

Which of the two (one of whom WILL swear the oath on Jan 20) endorses the past almost eight years and can be expected to more firmly entrench it? That is not a  difficult question to answer.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

Political parties are private corporations. They sell voting blocs to powerful people and corporations. If you vote for either of the singularly unworthy major candidates this year you have consented to prove they can package you as though you were breakfast cereal.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2016, 02:03:28 pm »
That is another conversation and one worth having. But it does not alter the choice to be made and the better / worse results to be reasonably expected to come from that choice.

Which of the two (one of whom WILL swear the oath on Jan 20) endorses the past almost eight years and can be expected to more firmly entrench it? That is not a  difficult question to answer.

I see hillary met with her true masters--the Rothchilds. Her victory assured. The die is cast. The dye is cast. So I abstain. I cannot give tacit approval to a system I believe to be defunct.

"Hillary has taken her role as a fricatrice so seriously she makes the Whore of Babylon look like a virgin."
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »

It's a simple solution - but they want no part of it.

Government gimmes exist expressly FOR the purpose of providing politicians with a stick and a lever.  It's why antiSocial inSecurity was never reformed to be run as an annuity.  It's why the Left so loves the idea of growing government workforces.  It's why they love-love-love UNIONINCED GOVERNMENT DRONES.

It's their whole model, of how to take a free people and arm-twist them into totalitarianism.  They're so into that, and it's been the model since the New Deal and before that, Machine Politics...they're so into it, once they get to the point where they're ready to abandon public elections and guarantee their own permanence, they won't know how to act.

All they understand is campaign money-raising, public-money spending and squandering, and threatening various tax-consumer "groups" that should their evil, nasty-bad opponent conservatives win, the Free Money will STOP.

It's a helluva way to govern, but it's all they know and understand.

Offline verga

« Reply #488 on: August 21, 2016, 03:56:31 pm »
Could you define/ clarify what you mean by "goodies from the government."
I am eligible for disability from a service related injury that earned me a medical discharge. I never took it since I figured others could use it more. I have a friend that does receive full disability due to a service related accident. I have another friend that is on disability from the local police force. He was injured when a suspect decided run him and another officer over.
Would this also include people on Social Security after paying into it for 20, 30, or 40 years? 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #489 on: August 21, 2016, 04:55:37 pm »
Would this also include people on Social Security after paying into it for 20, 30, or 40 years?
Just because you paid taxes does not make you entitled to some rebate just because you're old.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2016, 05:01:25 pm »
It does mean you get SS if that is what that tax is for. Otherways do away with that tax and let people do with their money as they please.

Online DB

« Reply #491 on: August 21, 2016, 06:50:48 pm »
Could you define/ clarify what you mean by "goodies from the government."
I am eligible for disability from a service related injury that earned me a medical discharge. I never took it since I figured others could use it more. I have a friend that does receive full disability due to a service related accident. I have another friend that is on disability from the local police force. He was injured when a suspect decided run him and another officer over.

Welfare, food stamps, government housing, etc. If you were injured in the service of this country (and I don't mean as a politician) the country owes you some compensation for that. I have no problem with that at all. Regarding the police and firemen, I've seen a good number of officers/firemen claim disability under highly dubious conditions and I think it is heavily abused and needs to be better managed.

Regarding social security, if you paid into it all your life - and you're in the latter part of your life - you should be able to collect on it. Unfortunately as it stands it is a pyramid scheme and cannot continue the way it is forever.

Offline verga

« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2016, 08:32:25 pm »
Welfare, food stamps, government housing, etc. If you were injured in the service of this country (and I don't mean as a politician) the country owes you some compensation for that. I have no problem with that at all. Regarding the police and firemen, I've seen a good number of officers/firemen claim disability under highly dubious conditions and I think it is heavily abused and needs to be better managed.

Regarding social security, if you paid into it all your life - and you're in the latter part of your life - you should be able to collect on it. Unfortunately as it stands it is a pyramid scheme and cannot continue the way it is forever.
I was pretty sure that we were on the same page. Thank you for clarifying and confirming that.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #493 on: August 21, 2016, 08:43:15 pm »
I was pretty sure that we were on the same page. Thank you for clarifying and confirming that.
There are benefits, earned or paid for. Disability (especially military), retirements (including Social Security), were paid for one way or another.

There are a host of so-called "entitlements" from food stamps to Section 8 housing that were not earned, and were not paid for. There is no Constitutional Authority for the giveaways, and actually none for Social Security (which I have paid into since I was 14), but since people have paid into the program in good faith of receiving a return, that should be phased out. It is not the fault of those who paid in that the Government, itself, has filched the funds.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #494 on: August 21, 2016, 10:38:06 pm »
There are benefits, earned or paid for. Disability (especially military), retirements (including Social Security), were paid for one way or another.

There are a host of so-called "entitlements" from food stamps to Section 8 housing that were not earned, and were not paid for. There is no Constitutional Authority for the giveaways, and actually none for Social Security (which I have paid into since I was 14), but since people have paid into the program in good faith of receiving a return, that should be phased out. It is not the fault of those who paid in that the Government, itself, has filched the funds.
:beer:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2016, 10:45:27 pm »
Most of these programs would be in better shape if the fraud could be eliminated. I (we) have been in industry downturns and on unemployment/food stamps in the past. As a hand up and not a hand out.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #496 on: August 21, 2016, 10:52:14 pm »
Most of these programs would be in better shape if the fraud could be eliminated. I (we) have been in industry downturns and on unemployment/food stamps in the past. As a hand up and not a hand out.

Except for the fact that the ability to game the system was purposefully built in to most of the "Great Society" programs!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #497 on: August 21, 2016, 11:21:11 pm »
Except for the fact that the ability to game the system was purposefully built in to most of the "Great Society" programs!

And I suppose those people that do consider it "sticking it to the man".  Their only accomplishment.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2016, 12:49:04 am »
I drew unemployment many many years ago during a downturn, but learned then that those are part of the industry. This last time the flags went up when oil dropped below 100, when it broke support at 80, I really started putting money away (self-employed don't get unemployment). By the time my rig was laid down, Everything was paid off and I had enough to get by for a year. Of course, a lot of pending purchases and upgrades were put on hold, but everything is livable and functional, and paid off.
Funny how you go from paying 100K in taxes one year to making less than 20K the next.
I had a friend who applied for food stamps in '82 (which looked like the oil patch in '86 elsewhere), and the woman (who literally hung over the sides of her chair seat) told him he could have eight dollars the first month and maybe ten dollars the second. He shredded the application booklet over her desk and told her to gather it up and use it for a suppository.
I never bothered to apply. A country boy can survive...

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2016, 12:51:53 am »
And I suppose those people that do consider it "sticking it to the man".  Their only accomplishment.
Some do, some don't. Some view it as something they are entitled to (the whole 'reparations' gambit is part of that), they feel 'owed'. They're just getting their slice of the pie.

C S Lewis