Author Topic: Odyssey of a NeverTrumper  (Read 86941 times)

Offline JustPassinThru

Re: Odyssey of a NeverTrumper
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2016, 01:18:45 am »
I absolutely MARVEL at the absolute cognitive dissonance that exists in this country by a people who, despite evidence smacking them square in the face - ASSUME that this 'election' in November will be legitimate and that your vote will make a difference.

I guess the fact we suffered a velvet coup, and that every institution that touches government is corrupted beyond redemption, fails to register in everyone's minds because the thought of where we have actually arrived is too horrible to contemplate.

A people who refuse to even recognized where we have arrived, are a people who will not endure or survive what is coming.

The ballot box is not saving us.

State Sovereignty was supposed to be a check on Federal power.  That went away with Direct Election of Senators.  The Senate was not only the superior body, but the voice of the States.

The other check is the moral aspect of our culture.  Madison said it best, that the Constitution was written for, and only suitable for, a moral and devout people.  With the 1960s counterculture, and its final overtaking of the formerly mainstream culture, we are now godless and amoral.  We think, not in terms of right and wrong, but legal, illegal, what we can get away with and who we need to co-opt or bribe to escape punishment or be granted license.

We are failing.  This election will not save us - the farcical nature of it is proof of how corrupt our culture and the people themselves, have come to be.

And I now fully expect this election will be the last in a long time.  It appears that the Empress has it sewn up; and she is so feeble it will be her bodyguards and lieutenants ruling over us in her name.  As Fidel Castro was kept propped up...long after he was gone, I firmly believe.

They'll have this mummified, vegitative body on life support so that Huma and Cheryl and whoever else is Inside, can rule.  While we will come to the end of an unsustainable path.  While we're slowly destroyed by Iranian Nukes or Chinese conquest...piece by piece.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2016, 01:21:07 am »
I stumbled upon this site today, and the title of the thread caught my eye

Welcome @AllThatJazzZ  ! Great first post!

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2016, 01:50:50 am »
As of August 4, there is one ideologically pure candidate. that being HRC. We had an ideologically pure candidate in the Republican primaries. He lost.

+1,000

Many of us supported Cruz.  Came up short.

Cant allow Hillary! a pathway to the presidency .....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:04:09 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2016, 01:54:05 am »
"You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear…"

-Geddy Lee/Rush - Freewill

Funny how a Canadian in 1980 had such clarity of vision that he put the idea into verse. But decades later, some people have to tie themselves into knots to justify actions they know will result into great harm to their country.

There is no such thing as lesser evil. Thee is only evil and you empower it or you oppose it. Binary. Always was so, always will be so.

This thread is about a prudential choice, not the lesser of two evils.  While we can build up other options over time, we essentially have a binary choice to make in Nov.

Of course, we have Senators and Congressmen to vote for.  And we can also do many other things like supporting the convention of states....

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2016, 01:57:16 am »
This, of course, is the pertinent question.  With Trump down 11 points in Pennsylvania at the moment, I don't have to worry about it.  My vote will not be relevant.  If it gets close again, then I will have to reconsider. 

But I am pretty sure I can count on Trump to continue to implode without my help.

The polling is flawed.  HW Bush was down 17 in 1988.  Still, I voted then.  Trump will close.

In a key swing state like PA, you can never assume Hill will win.  Particularly considering the damage done to the coal/steel/working demo...

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2016, 02:22:16 am »
I absolutely MARVEL at the absolute cognitive dissonance that exists in this country by a people who, despite evidence smacking them square in the face - ASSUME that this 'election' in November will be legitimate and that your vote will make a difference. 
Then why waste your time?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2016, 03:03:19 am »
If you read the commentary by the founding fathers, That is what they gave us the vote *for*...  :shrug:

There were 17 candidates to FOR during the primaries.  Yet many folks like Jonah Goldberg went the nihilistic route in Feb and said 'never'.  In the context of the primaries, 'never' was never on the ballot. 

Some folks like Thomas Sowell were smart enough to see the end game and voted like many of us did for Cruz.

The convention is over we can either allow Hillary a pathway or not now.  Any of our 17, even Jeb! (even with all of his NWO connections ) would be better than Hillary. 

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2016, 03:22:57 am »
In addition, to her poor judgement demonstrated in Benghazi-- Bill and Hill have PROVEN gross and crass misjudgement while playing with the nuke football.   Way beyond our speculations, these are actual events in world history.
The following morning, Sunday 13 June, Clark arrived at Jackson's HQ at Skopje. It was pointed out to him that the Russians were isolated and could not be reinforced by air and that Russian support had been a vital part of getting a peace agreement. Antagonising them would only be counterproductive. Clark refused to accept this and continued to order the runway blocked, claiming to be supported by the UN Secretary General.[2] Jackson refused to enforce Clark's orders, reportedly telling him "I'm not going to start the Third World War for you."[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incident_at_Pristina_airport

But that is not even the worst of it. 

There have only been two countries who have given up Nukes.  Clintons in charge have taught would be rouge states like Iran and NK that there is zero upside to give up nukes...

How?  The Budapest memorandum.
Russia’s  annexation  of  Crimea  and  covert  invasion  of  eastern  Ukraine  places  an uncomfortable focus on the worth of the security assurances pledged to Ukraine by the nuclear powers in exchange for its enuclearization. In 1994, the three depository states of the Treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)—Russia, the United States, and the United Kingdom—extended positive and negative security assurances to Ukraine.
The depository states underlined their commitment to Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity by signing the so-called “Budapest Memorandum.”

Using new archival records, this examination of Ukraine’s search for security guarantees in the early 1990s reveals that, ironically, the threat of border revisionism by Russia was the single gravest concern of Ukraine’s leadership when surrendering the nuclear arsenal.
The failure of the Budapest Memorandum to deter one of Ukraine’s security guarantors from military aggression has important implications both for Ukraine’s long-term security and  for  the  value  of  security  assurances  for  future  international  nonproliferation  and disarmament efforts. Russia’s breach of the Memorandum invites strong scrutiny of other security commitments and opens an enormous rhetorical opportunity for proliferators to lobby for a nuclear deterrent.

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/sites/default/files/Issue%20Brief%20No%203--The%20Breach--Final3.pdf

For example, when Liz Mair's PAC ran the Melania GQ Cover image ad, Trump assumed (or already knew better, but that is an even more diabolical option) that the ad came from Cruz's Campaign. He went after Heidi Cruz with both barrels and reloaded and did it again, even after Cruz had said "That's not one of ours." about the ad. When the facts came out, Trump lied and used the alleged attack on Melania to redouble his attacks on Heidi Cruz.

Rash assumption followed by virulent retaliation (against the wrong people) followed by prevarication to justify the first strike and follow on attacks (and continued lying) to keep up the meme.

Let's take that geopolitical.

A bunch of Lower Slobovian terrorists (Mohammed's Fighters for Terror) break their GPS on the way to New Orleans with a 'surplus' Soviet nuclear device in the hold of their trawler and intent to meet 72 virgins.
They nuke Key West, more by accident than design. Spectral analysis shows the device was Soviet made.

Putin says "That wasn't one of ours."

But before the LSMFT faction has a chance to assume credit for the attack, Trump goes ballistic, and orders ICBM and SLBM launches on the Former Soviet Union, where the device was made. 

The news breaks that it was LSMFT terrorists who actually did the deed, but Trump lets the nukes detonate on target, decries the lyin' MSM for repeating accounts the attack was conducted by LSMFT which are just more of Prevaricating Putin's lies and hits with a second strike. Of course, by then, the Russians have launched their own birds...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:29:03 am by LonestarDream »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2016, 03:24:45 am »
Yet if Jeb had won the nomination, there would indeed be jillions of Trumpsters who would be NeverJeb. Same with Christie, Kasich and others. In doing so, the same argument could be made that a NeverJebber will give us a Hillary presidency. Those who started off as NeverJeb wouldn't be moved by that argument. Therefore, it's unfair to fault those of us who are NeverTrumpers for the stand we've been forced to take to stay true to our most deeply held convictions.

Hypothetical.  Jeb! or Kasich would be far worse than Trump for me.  And yet, would still vote for our nominee.   

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2016, 03:32:54 am »
Thank you. I appreciate the welcome. Your avatar is PRICELESS!!

I also appreciate your tagline. It's because of this election cycle that I've been reminded so clearly by the Lord that He is in control and can and will involve Himself in the affairs of mankind if we do our part. Second Chronicles 7:14 (or as Trump would say, "two Chronicles" :silly:) is an instruction that we believers often overlook. I repent of my lackadaisical attitude in fulfilling my obligation of that scripture. I understand that we've gotten ourselves into this mess and that only the Lord in His wisdom can deliver us. It's why I can be so comfortable with my decision to ignore the top of the ballot and focus on the other candidates.

I was much more worried and agitated over the election until a friend of mine posted the following:  No matter who is president, Jesus is King.   That's all I need to know.
God is still in control

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2016, 03:41:56 am »

So, to come full circle to the point you made which I quoted above, this can't be described as anything but a cult.
No argument here. For something really scary, (although we often just gawk or make fun of all but the most blasphemous) check this thread out http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,209817.0.html Many of us early on made reference to such luminaries as Jones, Manson, and the fellow whose people were waiting for a ride on the UFO behind the Comet...It's worse than that in some ways, although it hasn't gone homicidal (yet?).

Like you, I suffered the disorienting realization on another site that suddenly I was surrounded by people I did not agree with, who were often hostile, who I had thought were of like mind. It is a strange place I have been before, long ago and far away, only then in a physical sense, not just online. A few test disagreements showed me that my presence was not welcome, and exit, stage left.

Thankfully, I had been sent what is now referred to as a 'lifeline', an invite to come test the waters here, and I was already looking for a forum more to my liking when I got that invite. I'm glad you found this site.

I think you'll like it here. Many of us are refugees/zotted/or part of the Exodus from FR, who had the temerity to support our candidate of choice, commonly (but not limited to) Cruz, or question the rampant cognitive dissonance we saw.

I think the GOP just blew it (with the help of agitators on twitter, Facebook, and a host of other online people) and lost their chance to be a major force in the future. Their only hope now is to co-opt the fraction of the Left which is not completely in the bag for Marxism, and between the FSA and shameless Communists, that may not be enough to put them over the top. Even if it does, they will be running well to the Left of Hubert Humphrey and JFK, the once quintessential Democrats.

I think if conservatism is to have a political future in America, short of a bloodbath (which I do not espouse), we have to pick the political party closest to our beliefs and work our collective hindparts off to build it into a force to be reckoned with.
I'll put in a shameless plug for the Constitution Party here, but what works best for you is what works best for you.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2016, 03:51:14 am »
Stability, in pictures..

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2016, 03:58:15 am »
Stability, in pictures..

Geeeez! Wilya lookit the pile of voice recorders in the lower picture!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2016, 04:01:57 am »
Wonder what she said? Sang?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2016, 04:12:15 am »
Cotton: Clinton discussed executed Iranian scientist on email.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cotton-clinton-discussed-executed-iranian-scientist-on-email/article/2598807

Another fumble of the nuclear football from Hill's emails.

Not hypothetical.  Very real while discharging the duties of the #3 officer of The United States.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2016, 04:14:58 am »
So, while there were some like you, I would be willing to bet that those who refrained from voting for Romney would have been joined by many others this time in an effort to send the establishment a message.

But I voted for Romney and W the first time when he lost the popular vote.  And McCain and Dole.

All losers.  Even W probably won the second term because the SWIFT guys fought FOR him.

While my third choice behind Walker and Cruz, at least Trump fights.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2016, 04:16:03 am »
Then why waste your time?

Waste my time doing what?

Voting?

Irrelevant.

Making comments on forums and social groups?

Being a Watchman on the wall.  Hopefully get some folks to recognize reality so they can survive what is coming with their faith intact.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2016, 04:17:14 am »
Hillary Clinton recklessly discussed, in emails hosted on her private server, an Iranian nuclear scientist who was executed by Iran for treason, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., said Sunday.

"I'm not going to comment on what he may or may not have done for the United States government, but in the emails that were on Hillary Clinton's private server, there were conversations among her senior advisors about this gentleman," he said on "Face the Nation." Cotton was speaking about Shahram Amiri, who gave information to the U.S. about Iran's nuclear program.

The senator said this lapse proves she is not capable of keeping the country safe.

"That goes to show just how reckless and careless her decision was to put that kind of highly classified information on a private server. And I think her judgment is not suited to keep this country safe," he said.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2016, 05:01:28 am »
Wonder what she said? Sang?

Id like to Teach The world TO sing In Perfect harmony

Id like to Buy the World a Whizz and keep it company!

Its the Real Thing.... Panther Whizz!     

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2016, 05:18:37 am »

Id like to Teach The world TO sing In Perfect harmony

Id like to Buy the World a Whizz and keep it company!

Its the Real Thing.... Panther Whizz!     

I think she's a Malt Liquor type, myself.

C S Lewis

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2016, 06:11:18 am »
I think she's a Malt Liquor type, myself.

No, I think she's got a foo-foo brand of Scotch in her portable bar-case; and her assistants probably drain it off and pour Old Crow in the bottle.  Between her deadened tongue and her neurological issues, she no-doubt can't taste the difference.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2016, 11:27:00 am »
The convention is over we can either allow Hillary a pathway or not now.  Any of our 17, even Jeb! (even with all of his NWO connections ) would be better than Hillary.

The lesser evil argument... No thanks.

For Conservatives to endorse Trump, against *every* Conservative principle, to not only endorse him, but to possibly give him a mandate (which he will claim regardless)... To spend four years suffering the things he will most certainly do in the name of conservatism...

Better to put up with the enemy outside the gate, than to let him inside. No sale.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2016, 12:22:52 pm »
Walker/Cruz did well in their own neck of the woods.  Walker way under performed expectations and Cruz over performed.

Primaries are over.  And feel much better about Trump going than McCain, Romney or even W in his second term.

By implication you're saying Walker and Cruz don't fight? Walker didn't stand up to the union mobs and a recall election? And didn't he get reelected after that? And what about Cruz?

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2016, 12:26:17 pm »
Once again, it is not the lessor evil argument.  It is clear who the prudential choice here is.  Can you name a single elected Constitution party official?

IF we want serious candidates from this party on the national stage, we ought to at least get one elected as Lt. Governor. 

The lesser evil argument... No thanks.

For Conservatives to endorse Trump, against *every* Conservative principle, to not only endorse him, but to possibly give him a mandate (which he will claim regardless)... To spend four years suffering the things he will most certainly do in the name of conservatism...

Better to put up with the enemy outside the gate, than to let him inside. No sale.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2016, 12:30:55 pm »
Am still big Cruz and Walker supporters. Still think Cruz's filibuster was great. 

Walker built an infrastructure that outspent his fundraising.  Then he did not want to make the needed cuts like McCain did the 08 primaries. 

It is possible to hold two thoughts simultaneously, Walker good, Cruz good AND Trump much better than Hillary.

I didn't accuse you of not voting for Romney. I was differentiating you from those who decided not to vote for the Republican nominee prior to this election cycle.

By implication you're saying Walker and Cruz don't fight? Walker didn't stand up to the union mobs and a recall election? And didn't he get reelected after that? And what about Cruz? He didn't start in the basement in his bid for junior senator from Texas and overtake Lt. Gov. Dewhurst who had been waaaaaaay ahead of him in the polls almost the entire time? Remind me again who stood up to Mitch McConnell and exposed him for the fraud that he is and did so on the senate floor. It's not like he didn't know that his actions would cost him greatly with the big dogs in the Republican party, yet you seem to imply that he's not a fighter. Excuse my incredulity, but please name me another lawmaker who put so much on the line in order to show the American people who's got our backs and who doesn't.

It disgusts me to the point of wanting to puke to remember how bloody disrespectful smarmy Donald was to him. And to others in the campaign as well. He didn't attack them on policy. He attacked them personally like an 8-year-old kid would do, and MY FELLOW AMERICANS APPLAUDED HIS SORRY @$$ for that!

So, my fellow American, that's apparently what your idea of "fighting" is. I think it's adolescent and it cheapens our electoral process, and for that reason I'm out.